Migraines , who suffers from them here?

Caporegime
Had one this morning, really bad with pain on both sides of my head which messed up my vision. Could not raise my head at all, three nurofen and that didn't touch it. Had to have a friend drop of some migralievs(?) took two pinks and then it started. Puking up so much i was air puking and i finally fell asleep and woke up two hours later feeling like a hangover. I get them rarely, just nasty ones with vision loss on occasion however i did wonder why i was still peppy at 2.30am!

Mum gets them a lot worse than i do and more often and i understand what she goes through, she has a hole in her heart and does end up with paralitic migrains. So anyone else here suffer from them?

I get them rarely, just nasty ones with vision loss on occasion

This isn't a doctor/hospital advice thread!!!!!!

Caporegime
OP
I tell ya what, i never knew the stomach could hold that much lol :D

Van Hellseek :p, but anyway this is a thread about who suffers from then on ocuk.

Caporegime
OP
I SUFFER FROM MIGRAINES!

And I found the causes for it, i.e staying on the computer for long periods and dehydration causes it. Just wanted to point it out!

Like my mum, who has a hole in her heart and hardly ever uses the computer but thats ok because you found the cause for it being a computer and dehydration :p:p:p. That's why i see that ocuk doesn't do medical advice, i hadn't used the computer hardly at all yesterday as i was out from 6 till 1am!

Migrains for me come about due to

Sleep Issues
Sore Neck
Heat, if it gets too hot
and Storms.

When it comes to computers, i just get headaches or sore eyes but that's through way too much usage :D

Caporegime
OP
I get them a few times a year, get the auras and all, much fun :( used to get them a lot more frequently though when i was younger.

I remember having one at school, went blind in one eye and ended up sitting in a seat for hours hearing screaming kids booming through my skull. That was the worst i can remember pruelly because nobody could pick me up till school was finished which had a good 3-4hr to go. Migrains when i was a kid wasn't such a known thing either, oh he's got a bad head was the term

Bad Head?!? you have no idea :rolleyes:

You need to find out the cause. Start by cutting certain foods from your diet. Usually its the C's. Caffeine, Citrus, Cheese and Chocolate. Cut one out at a time then reintroduce.

Last night for me it was getting too hot in this place i was at then a messed up sleep pattern, so a double whammy!

Caporegime
OP
Motion sickness occurs in ~ 50% of migraine sufferers. Understanding motion sickness in migraine patients may improve understanding of the physiology of both conditions. Recent literature suggests important relationships between the trigeminal system and vestibular nuclei that may have implications for both motion sickness and migraine. Studies demonstrating an important relationship between serotonin receptors and motion sickness susceptibility in both rodents and humans suggest possible new motion sickness prevention therapies.

Interesting, i felt that today more so than usual with a migraine!. It was like being in a plane that had just done a 360 loop, every time you looked up the plane would loop. I suffer from awful motion sickness and especially in certain games!

Caporegime
OP
Woke up this morning with a headache either side and a little dizzy, had to do some errands then I felt sick and couldn't focus on anything. Came back and my head was really bad and just got worse, My hearing kept on going in one ear then the other. Finally the sickness, omg was i sick It was like the entire contents of my stomach from the last two days ended up in the toilet. Feel really groggy now and still a head pain. I could feel my Hitial Hernia being pulled on my insides and now I have bad heartburn.

I'm so :mad::mad::mad: off with all this

Caporegime
OP
Really bad headache this morning, getting two a week although I know now most of it is caused by my neck problems. Under Physio who improves it but still needs some fixing :(

Caporegime
OP
I've been fine for about a month then the heat and humidity got to me on Friday and I had a massive migraine, even with all the water drinking. Saturday was ok, then this morning I woke up with a really bad head, felt sick and couldn't keep cool.

I don't mind heat but humid not so much :(

Caporegime
OP
Very VERY similar to me xyyphic!

Ever found though that if you over sleep and get a migraine, it's even worse because you can't exactly sleep it off with pills?

Caporegime
OP
Bad one this morning, woke up with it... If I get one coming I can deal with it earlier but waking up to them not so good. I know what is causing mine

Stress and neck problems, I'm under physio atm for them :(

Caporegime
OP
Had a migraine the other day, went to bed early as sounds became seriously irritating! Then a really bad headache this morning and it turns out it's my neck that's causing most of the issues. Not sure why my neck keeps causing these problems :(

Tried different pillows even a different bed, bah!

Caporegime
OP
Damn what two awful days! Yesterday was the worst, was most likely the weather that triggered it as I could not keep cool even with a fan and drinking loads! Woke up with my room being 26C and spent the best part of a day trying to sleep off a migraine. Cold wet towel on my face, pills and more pills.

Felt so sick and couldn't shift it, everything seemed so loud and my face and body was hot :(

Couldn't do any articles for two days, ****

Caporegime
OP
ffs weather!

3 days now I've had a bad head that gets worse during the day and heat makes it worse! How much **** water do I need to drink bleh

Back
Top Bottom