Poll: Capello quits

Who should be England manager for Euro 2012?

• Alan Pardew

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Arsene Wenger

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • Jose Mourinho

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Martin O'Neill

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Roy Hodgson

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Sam Allardyce

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Steve Bruce

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Steve Kean

Votes: 34 9.9%
  • Stuart Pearce

Votes: 39 11.4%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Why on earth do people want Redknapp as manager? A man who claims to be near-illiterate, who has won nothing but a single FA Cup (and a couple of lower league titles) really know more than Capello with 9 league titles to his name (2 revoked) and the Champions League?

However I'm also not sure why anyone would want the job.

Exactly, all the talk has been capello failed because he was a good club manager but not international.

So we go after Harry? Who is neither but English.

I want the very best international manager to shut people up once and for all, in the hope that people finally realize these managers we keep employing have utter turd to work with.

It's laughable to suggest that being a great club manager doesn't translate to the downgrade that is international football.

Man of Honour
2. Why is Alan Shearer not in the poll?

Because no-one asked for him as an option when I was setting the poll up.

Id like to see Shearer do it.. cant help but think he'd be good... but dont doubt it wont happen..

It's possible that it's his calling in life but so far his one foray into management didn't exactly prove a resounding success so I wouldn't be banking on him as the man to lead England.

Soldato
Exactly, all the talk has been capello failed because he was a good club manager but not international.

So we go after Harry? Who is neither but English.

I want the very best international manager to shut people up once and for all, in the hope that people finally realize these managers we keep employing have utter turd to work with.

It's laughable to suggest that being a great club manager doesn't translate to the downgrade that is international football.

tbf we're surrounded by people suggesting Stuart Pearce and Alan Shearer, and they're not even comedy suggestions. I fear I've slipped into a parralel universe where Capello isn't one of the greatest managers to ever grace the game and Alan Shearer isn't one of the thickest people in the game.

The England fans, media and FA will get what they deserve, and their incompetence and stupidity will be reflected in Redknapp/Pearce/Shearer/whoever they choose

Soldato
I'm looking forward to the Holland game. Will be interesting to see if Pearce has the balls to drop the big names who have been utter crap in an England shirt for so long.

Associate
I'm waiting for Hoddle to pipe up. Timings all wrong for Harry. I think it'll be Hiddink through the Euro's and then it'll be a case of seeing how he does.

Soldato
Just priced up my NOT 4 HARRY England shirt good timming as they are selling them off cheap at the minute at a fdew places! Thought a Monaco shirt with ROSIE and 47 on the back might be a bit of fun.

The FA press conference hardly filled me with confidence they they knew their bums from their elbows, nearly dies laughing when he said they had been working on a code of conduct since 2004 does anyone really believe that anything has changed or will ever change at the FA? Looks like the same collection of dinasours who couldn't manage to organise a lash up in a brewery.

Soldato
Stuart ****ing Pearce? :(

I was looking forward to the Holland game.

I agree with you that Stuart Pearce is certainly not the most gifted of managers, but what's wrong with him acting as a caretaker for a game or two? He does have the most England experience within the current setup, and there's no point drafting in someone else for one or two games (whilst the full-time position is up in the air) who hasn't hadany prior England/National team experience?

I suppose we could always get Peter Taylor back ... ;)

Soldato
I feel quite sorry for Capello. The World Cup group stages were certainly not plain sailing, however I still feel our tournament hinged on a refereeing error and who knows what might have happened if that had gone our way. He seemed methodical in his approach, and I felt we had a decent couple of years since the WC - barring the odd bore draw, but a lot of good national teams have off days every now and then.

This.

People cried out for his style of management and now demonise him for doing exactly what we wanted (same happened with Newcastle and Souness, except we demonised him for being **** :p) Its hardly Capello's fault that;

a) our players aren't good enough.
b) out of a squad of 21, they can maybe scrape to together an IQ of 21.
c) their combined mental age is substantially lower than 21.

We have a squad peopled with average players who are petty, spoiled brats who believe they are a damn sight better than they actually are and will quickly duck for cover and blame a manager for their own failings as soon as things get troubled. Nor does it help that our media scrupuosly (spl?) dig up every bit of **** they can to stir up trouble to sell papers, disrupting things in the process and then wondering why things go wrong.

People need to wake up and get their ******* tongues out of these players behinds and realise that they are the problem and they will continue to be the problem as long as players are treated the way they are.

Now roll on the sacrificial lamb to be destroyed by fans, players and press. Why anyone would want the job or why anyone even gives a flying **** about England is beyond me :rolleyes:

If you can't tell I am somewhat irate at the moment :p

Soldato
Voting Psycho as he is a Forest man!

I don't care though really, I'd hate to see him fail in honesty, which is the most likely outcome of every england manager.

Says something that I'd rather enjoy Redknapp in charge of Spurs then see him at England.

Soldato
tbf we're surrounded by people suggesting Stuart Pearce and Alan Shearer, and they're not even comedy suggestions. I fear I've slipped into a parralel universe where Capello isn't one of the greatest managers to ever grace the game and Alan Shearer isn't one of the thickest people in the game.

The England fans, media and FA will get what they deserve, and their incompetence and stupidity will be reflected in Redknapp/Pearce/Shearer/whoever they choose

I feel like ive slipped into a parralel universe where one of the greatest managers to grace the game has done brilliant, posotive things with England.

Soldato
The FA are an absolute embarrassment, Capello for Pearce, I'm stunned and gutted. The fawning over Redknapp over the last 24 hours is sickly. I'm so out of tune with the public on this.

You're not alone. I just don't get it, not one bit.

12.24pm: Emailer Mike Gibbons, meanwhile, says: "Capello had just qualified for Euro 2012, gone unbeaten for a year and plotted a victory over european and world champions Spain, albeit in a friendly. All the while he'd been incorporating new players - Young, Jones, Wilshere, Parker, Hart - with the end goal of his new team bearing fruit at the Championships. Whatever anyone thinks of him that's what he was building towards, and now people expect Redknapp to come in at the end of the season, have a fortnight with the players, one friendly, pick the final squad and have a successful tournament because he speaks better English and has triffic passion? Bizarre."

As for Pearce, someone summed this up on the Guardian live feed:

12.37pm: So, Stuart Pearce will manage England. Would anyone like to cast their minds back to last summer, when he took a highly-fancied English team to the European Championships ... and failed to win a game. Sturridge, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling, Walker - they were all there but England went home after the first round.

They went home embarrassingly too. The negative football was unbearable considering the (supposed) talent in that starting lineup.

Soldato
I feel like ive slipped into a parralel universe where one of the greatest managers to grace the game has done brilliant, posotive things with England.

Doesn't he have the best win percentage of any manager we've ever had :confused:

Why do people think by switching a great manager for one who isn't fit to tie his laces will make things better? Logic suggests things will get worse, surely?

Back
Top Bottom