Who owns a 350z/370z?

Soldato
I would have leaned towards it, yes. I wouldn't have minded paying more for the car but since insurance for a 330ci was something around £2000 then I didn't even bother getting quotes for an M3. I wouldn't have minded a Z4 either.

You already know but I didn't (I still don't) really have any requirements for my next car. I sort of just bought it because I was bored.

Soldato
You already know but I didn't (I still don't) really have any requirements for my next car. I sort of just bought it because I was bored.

Haha, that's one way to end up in a 300BHP car.

I'm the exact opposite, I can't decide so am not doing anything, just ruling everything out one at a time.

alx

alx

Soldato
For the owners, what made you all go for 350Z's over the M3? To me they seem very similar in handling, power, weight etc?

I wanted to love the 350Z so much, but just couldn't get over the weight. I was looking for a sports car and its clearly a GT.

General point to anyone, but wouldn't an M3 cost more to run than a 350Z? I know 350Z aren't the cheapest when it comes to consumables/fuel etc but surely an M3 would cost more to run and service or not really?

kai

kai

Soldato
Owner for just over a year .... love it. Although at the moment i am looking at either a 370z or a TT rs. Problem being i love this car too much :(

sided.jpg

20032910150214436283146.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well picked her up yesterday. What a beast this thing is!

2008 GT - its in great condition and had the bluetooth module too which is nice - although im not sure if it is standard.

-snip-

You can see my beloved celica in the background :) will try running both for now. Think i need to get a car with 4 seats now!

I'm doing the same, celica > 350z

Seems like the perfect upgrade

Soldato
For the owners, what made you all go for 350Z's over the M3? To me they seem very similar in handling, power, weight etc?

I wanted to love the 350Z so much, but just couldn't get over the weight. I was looking for a sports car and its clearly a GT.

For 350z money you are looking at an e46. These are now firmly in the hands of utter cretins. The 350z doesn't really appeal to the same crowd, so are safe for now.

Soldato
I want to try one of these out one day. The Inifinit G37 I drove (370Z engine I think) was a right peach.

The G37 (Skyline 370GT in Japan) uses the same platform as the 370z just like the G35 (Skyline 350GT in Japan) used the same one as the 350z. Their basically four seater versions with bigger rear ends, softer suspension, nicer interior, different bodywork, slightly detuned engines, less bracing, less weight saving, etc. you know more of a GT design as opposed to a sports car design.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom