Crysis 3 official, release date is 2013

Associate
Crysis 3 Official

2emimv8.jpg

EA will release Crysis 3 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in 2013, it has confirmed.

The blurb describes it as “the premier sandbox shooter experience of 2013”, suggesting an experience more akin to the first game than the 2011 sequel.

Indeed, that’s an assumption supported by the first batch of screenshots, which show a new rainforest setting that will appear alongside the more urban locales.

The game sees Prophet return to New York to find it encased in a Nanodrome created by the Cell Corporation.

Both Crysis 2’s human and alien enemies will make a return.

EA is also pressing consumers to pre-order the Hunter Edition of the game. The SKU includes “early access” to the new bow and arrow that adorns the game’s cover, as well as some Nanosuit enhancements. XP will also be boosted up to level 5 from day one.

Three other packs will also be added to offer when the game is ordered from specific retailers.

"Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love," Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli stated.

“Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we're able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game."

Source http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/crysis-3-official-release-date-is-2013/094487

and From RPS

I don’t have any information other than that which came down the wires, which is this:

“Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.”

The idea of city that’s turning back to nature, a la The World Without Us, makes for an appealing setting, and is potentially a canny plot device by which Crysis could return to its more forested, exploratory roots without having to abandon its latter-day gritty urban sci-fi saga thing.

Apparently these aforementioned ‘Seven Wonders’ offer seven very different settings to adventure through too. Giant dome? Themed environments? Bald guy? That sounds like the Crystal Maze to me – I do hope someone’s notified Channel 4′s lawyers.

Exactly like Crysis, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Also there are pre-order bonuses blah blah multiplayer unlocks blah you know modern videogaming sigh. “The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style.”

Additionally, “select retailers are offering gamers that pre-order Crysis 3 the following early multiplayer unlocks”

– Stalker Pack — Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.

– Overkill Pack — Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.

– Predator Pack — Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.

Sigh.

dd16ao.jpg

10wuogm.jpg

wje7tk.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Interesting to see if its more sandbox oriented this time around and they've learned from the mistakes of crysis 2. Even though thats part of the press blurb they still maintained that crysis 2 was very "sandboxy", only certain areas were.

Soldato
I agree. So is BF3.

Won't buy anything EA again.

Games industry = greed = poor,unfinished carp.

While BF3 was no BF2.... DICE did a far better job than CryENGINE did of Crysis 1 to Crysis 2.

“Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we're able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game."
Thing is when you actually think about this….

If the xbox 360 and PS3 are still the only top end console platform, I cant see how they could give us anything near what we'd expect from crysis 3. Just a total joke of a game.

I must be the only person that very much enjoyed crysis 2 then.. :)

Bring on number 3!

You must have bought it on the xbox :D

Associate
While BF3 was no BF2.... DICE did a far better job than CryENGINE did of Crysis 1 to Crysis 2.

Thing is when you actually think about this….

If the xbox 360 and PS3 are still the only top end console platform, I cant see how they could give us anything near what we'd expect from crysis 3. Just a total joke of a game.

You must have bought it on the xbox :D

Actually i got it for PC lol.

I don't know why but i just really enjoyed the soundtrack + the story fair enough i would have preffered a more open world compared to 1 but i still thought it was decent enough.

Caporegime
They killed off the series in the first few minutes of Crysis 2.
EA ruining games, what a shocker.
Seems like a little strange after seeing Assassins Creed 3 too, almost like they're trying to copy in some ways.

Caporegime
They killed off the series in the first few minutes of Crysis 2.
EA ruining games, what a shocker.
Seems like a little strange after seeing Assassins Creed 3 too, almost like they're trying to copy in some ways.

Actually EA don't own Crytek, theyre just the publisher for Crysis.

Caporegime
Actually EA don't own Crytek, theyre just the publisher for Crysis.

Oh yeah, I'm sure EA have no say at all.
I'm also sure every EA published game in the last 2-3 years hasn't been inferior to its predecessor.
Oh wait.

You obviously never finished the game. :o

This doesn't even make sense, it's still not flipping Prophet, just Alcatraz being a prat.

Associate
Oh yeah, I'm sure EA have no say at all.
I'm also sure every EA published game in the last 2-3 years hasn't been inferior to its predecessor.
Oh wait.

This doesn't even make sense, it's still not flipping Prophet, just Alcatraz being a prat.

Well, theres several theories as to why he introduced himself as prophet at the end of 2 but i wont go into detail

Back
Top Bottom