Crysis 3 official, release date is 2013

Associate
Plenty of people thought the game went downhill when the aliens were the main enemy, similar to farcry with the trigens. Probably because the gameplay changed from everything being a ground based target to mainly aerial targets, at least for Crysis.

agree with this, the game would have been perfect if it was all about moving around the island attacking north koreans, absolutely no need for aliens..

Soldato
Crysis2 was a real big mess gameplay wise lets ignore the DX11 not ready for launch issues altogether & avergae gfx the basic gameplay/story were so poor its unlikely Crysis3 will be anything less than more of the same is it.

This will at best be a digital sale buy from me in late 2013 Crytek have a history of broken promises to PC gamers I see no sign it wll change much anytime soon.

Soldato
Theres an opportunity for it to happen, when the soldier reawakens and then introduces himself as prophet the transfer could have occured during the sequence where prophet is speaking to Alcatraz.

That just makes no sense, your saying that when you were knocked out the bullet was removed from prophets brain case his incurable disease was cured and he stole the suit back.

Caporegime
Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we. If the soldier unmasks in Crysis 3 (which is almost bound to happen) and its physically Prophet then that theory goes flying out the window.

Well Prophet has a bullet in his head.

agree with this, the game would have been perfect if it was all about moving around the island attacking north koreans, absolutely no need for aliens..

Why not? Who knows how the plot would have went had Crysis 2 not happened the way it did.
I was expecting quite a story, the end of Crysis 1 set things in motion.

Caporegime
That just makes no sense, your saying that when you were knocked out the bullet was removed from prophets brain case his incurable disease was cured and he stole the suit back.

You do realise we're talking about a sci fi styled game with an alien invasion and a super suit that regenerates its occupant? I really doubt that someone coming back from the dead is that implausible.

Soldato
I much preferred the aliens in the first one to the new ones. They're so unimaginatively humanoid, and less menacing. I'm always optimistic with these things. It might be good so I'll reserve judgement until it comes out.

Soldato
You do realise we're talking about a sci fi styled game with an alien invasion and a super suit that regenerates its occupant? I really doubt that someone coming back from the dead is that implausible.

All im saying is nothing in crysis two remotely hints at that so if it does happen out of the blue its just going to feel wrong and like they crowbard it in.

Associate
Not really. Super suit is a story mechanic that KIND OF makes sense, at least in the nanobot fairy magic kind of way, but really, how do you resurrect someone from the dead who has been dead for at least several days and has a bullet in his skull? The story has to at least have some element of plausibility.

I played Crysis 2 but I have no clue at what point Prophet was alive again. I actually remember nothing of that game, however, I assume...

Prophet obviously downloaded his mind into unsuspecting Alcatraz. It's the only plausible way. But, is Alcatraz still Alcatraz or is he now Prophet? Does Alcatraz still exist? Have the two fused to become Alcatraz-Prophet?

Crysis 3 raises tough philosophical questions!

Caporegime
Not really. Super suit is a story mechanic that KIND OF makes sense, at least in the nanobot fairy magic kind of way, but really, how do you resurrect someone from the dead who has been dead for at least several days and has a bullet in his skull? The story has to at least have some element of plausibility.

Dunno but prophet did say in the Crysis 2 ending that "the suit changes all the rules". They also said it was Symbiotic, maybe he'd worn it for so long that some of the suits effects were left permanently on him which enabled him to come back from the gunshot?

In the interview i linked it says the following:

German developer Crytek are keeping a lot of the details on Crysis 3 close to their chest at the moment, but they have confirmed that it will star regular protagonist Prophet as he returns to a very different New York City.

So it would seem he is alive, Alcatraz fought the battle in New York and it now it looks like Prophet is reassuming the role to end the fight.

Either way its all conjecture untill the game hits as many things can change with it between now and that time. Just have to wait and see :)

I want psycho and nomad back :(

Good chance of Psycho appearing id imagine since he's the only other that hasn't been killed off.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Regular protagonist?
Dat 2 minutes in Crysis 1 and 2.

And Gerard, you're looking WAY too into things, it's like how people can make stupid and over the top assumptions about games etc to justify it not sucking.

Back
Top Bottom