Crysis 3 official, release date is 2013

Caporegime
Oh yeah, I'm sure EA have no say at all.
I'm also sure every EA published game in the last 2-3 years hasn't been inferior to its predecessor.
Oh wait.

They obviously have a say in the game but its not on the same scale if they owned the company. Yerli has gone on record as saying the game didnt come out they way they thought it would, ai bugs were one of his main complaints that were supposodly buried deep in the code. Obviously it wasn't as open world as they wouyld have liked, probably to limitations of putting it on console, but that being said they already had 3 jungle based games before that, a change of scenery was welcome although it was very limiting.

As for the Prophet thing, its clearly his voice at the end of the game, not sure whats the story there but maybe cleared up in part 3.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They obviously have a say in the game but its not on the same scale if they owned the company. Yerli has gone on record as saying the game didnt come out they way they thought it would, ai bugs were one of his main complaints that were supposodly buried deep in the code. Obviously it wasn't as open world as they wouyld have liked, probably to limitations of putting it on console, but that being said they already had 3 jungle based games before that, a change of scenery was welcome although it was very limiting.

As for the Prophet thing, its clearly his voice at the end of the game, not sure whats the story there but maybe cleared up in part 3.

Doesn't really matter when they're ruining games left right and centre.
Crysis 2 was horrifically bad, mainly story wise, the gameplay felt nothing like the original, and the comic book finished the job of ruining Crysis 1.

I'm not a fan of watching franchises I like become ruined, I'm sure it's the same with a TV Series, when they get cancelled etc, I don't like becoming involved in something that's then unexplained, or the explanation/follow up is pathetic.

Caporegime
Why do people hate the aliens so badly?
I thought the extra element of it not being "run of the mil" aliens to be good.

Plenty of people thought the game went downhill when the aliens were the main enemy, similar to farcry with the trigens. Probably because the gameplay changed from everything being a ground based target to mainly aerial targets, at least for Crysis.

Caporegime
Unfortunately i did, and its still alcatraz, it implied he had elements of prophets conciousness in him but its still physically alcatraz with his mind as the main host conciousness.

Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we. If the soldier unmasks in Crysis 3 (which is almost bound to happen) and its physically Prophet then that theory goes flying out the window.

Soldato
Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we. If the soldier unmasks in Crysis 3 (which is almost bound to happen) and its physically Prophet then that theory goes flying out the window.

And then the whole crysis plot line gets even more retarded, i'm sorry did prophet get resurected from a bullet to the head and replace alcatraz in the suit without me noticing? :confused:

Caporegime
And then the whole crysis plot line gets even more retarded, i'm sorry did prophet get resurected from a bullet to the head and replace alcatraz in the suit without me noticing? :confused:

Theres an opportunity for it to happen, when the soldier reawakens and then introduces himself as prophet the transfer could have occured during the sequence where prophet is speaking to Alcatraz.

Back
Top Bottom