Google Drive

Caporegime
Nothing like Nokia Drive... as in hard drive, drive. :p

Google's cloud based storage akin to DropBox. Expected the launch next week... starts off with free 5GB storage. No word on pricing for extra space yet. Mac, Windows, smartphones supported, and Android will apparently have document-editing capabilities. Should allow 3rd party services and apps to connect to it.

Will be interesting to see how they go about this and the pricing for extra space!

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing if it's any good. Might swap from dropbox if the integration with other Google services is any good which I imagine it should be.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I'm all for it as long as the storage is as cheap as Google Docs. I'll definitely use pre-Internet encryption. ;)

Caporegime
Unless they integrate it into their devices, a-la Apple cloud, I'm not bloody interested.

Annoyed how something as basic as cloud sync is missing from Android devices, for example, I want to pick my phone up, play an angry birds level or two, then pick up my tablet and resume from where I left off.

One

One

Soldato
Unless they integrate it into their devices, a-la Apple cloud, I'm not bloody interested.

Annoyed how something as basic as cloud sync is missing from Android devices, for example, I want to pick my phone up, play an angry birds level or two, then pick up my tablet and resume from where I left off.

Well they do have it for contacts and things like that. Give them time.

Caporegime
I'm comparing it to iOS, not a fully fledged PC operating system.

It boils down to that there's no unified way for apps to store data, so I don't think it's ever going to come.

Back
Top Bottom