Alan Davies comments

Soldato
At what point do they stop though Baz?

It's now been 23 years. It must come to a point where memorials stop. My Grandad's 16 year old sister was killed in the 1943 bethnal green tube disaster. He never once asked for a day off work on the anniversary. 2 reasons. 1, he knew that being an everyday worker, he wouldn't be allowed and 2, he didn't feel it was good for him to grieve and relive sad memories all the time.

If the fans want to do it, then I agree it's their choice and it should be respected, but there comes a time when people need to move on.

It is absolutely the fans right to grieve and respect those that fell in the Hillsborough disaster. Its also Liverpools right to hold a memorial on that day.

People need to get a grip and instead of asking "how long?" maybe they should look at themselves and think....its only a football game.

Alan Davies is a grade A tool who speaks utter nonsence at the best of times but he really has excelled himself.

While people like myself support the fight for justice this wont stop, couldnt really care what some second rate comedian thinks.

Soldato
and if the FA said that's fine you don't have to play but you forfeit the fixture then it's still only a football game.

Im not going to turn this into some sort of keyboard arguement but if you genuinely cannot see why Liverpool FC do not want to play on the anniversary of a day where 96 of their fans were crushed and killed, a day where countless families and the Liverpool community were so badly affected then you need help.

The FA understand this and rightly so allowed them to play on the Saturday.

Caporegime
Im not going to turn this into some sort of keyboard arguement but if you genuinely cannot see why Liverpool FC do not want to play on the anniversary of a day where 96 of their fans were crushed and killed, a day where countless families and the Liverpool community were so badly affected then you need help.

There is two points to make, firstly, you as so many others do, stated something as a fact with no logic behind it at all. Please explain why its okay to play football on the Saturday, the monday, but not the Sunday, because "its an anniversary".

Do people feel loss worse on one day, and not at other times? No, do anniversaries mean ANYTHING, ever, no they mean nothing no matter what the anniversary is for. It's a day that is a set amount of time after an event..... EVERY DAY you will ever experience has the same definition.

I can't see why Liverpool wouldn't want to play football on an anniversary, because its meaningless, its either too painful to remember at all and they never play again, or its not, there is no other argument. People CHOOSE to designate one particular day for grieving, they could choose July the 12th, out of the football season, or decide to remember their loved ones every day and don't require a particular day.

This isn't just because its liverpool, aniversary's and peoples reasoning behind them somehow being worse, is a joke. If some person 2 thousand years ago decided a year was 100 days, would you remember and mourn them once a year? Its arbitrary. I think about people I've lost, WHENEVER I WANT, I both don't need to be with other people to remember them, nor have to set aside a day to do so.

Lastly, they rightly allowed them to play on the Saturday, what would happen if Chelsea had a tragedy the same weekend, and Barnet, and Woking, and they all come up playing each other on the same weekend, but no one can play because everyone is having a memorial? Business's don't shut down because of tragedys, most things don't, why should Liverpool FC, the business.

Soldato
I take it you don't celebrate your Birthday or wedding anniversary or..... well I could go on.

Its about respect and remembrance. The families that have been affected by these tragic events have got on with their lives. But they assign one day a year to collectively remember those affected and the most fitting day, The day that affected everyone involved.

Soldato

I think I'm ok thanks, I can see why they might choose not to, I just happen to think that it would be perhaps more of a gesture if they were willing to face some consequences due to their mark of respect, rather than expecting the football world to work around them after this time.

Don
I think I'm ok thanks, I can see why they might choose not to, I just happen to think that it would be perhaps more of a gesture if they were willing to face some consequences due to their mark of respect, rather than expecting the football world to work around them after this time.

Not playing on one day is hardly expecting the football world to work around them. There is no reason why not playing on one day should put any other club out so why should Liverpool have to face some sort of consequence? Because some people that this doesn't effect don't like it?

With all the fuss Alan Davies made about Chelsea's schedule, I honestly though they must have been playing Barca on the Tuesday. It was only last night that I realised they don't play until today. All this because a club have to play Sunday and then Wednesday? I thought that's the norm; if you play a CL game on the Tuesday then your league game would have been the Saturday and if you're on the Wednesday then the league game would have been Sunday. I'm sure City, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have all played Sunday and then Wednesday already this season.

Caporegime
What right does anyone have to dictate how a person who has lost someone grieves and how long that grieving process takes?

Asked this several times not a reasonable answer to it.

it won't happen again

That was said in the Hillsborough thread last year(october or so), guy should be permabanned, he only comes in SA the rare occasion and it's usually to post ****.

Back
Top Bottom