*** The Official iPad (Early 2012) Thread ***

Associate
Just received my new iPad today, quick delivery considering I only ordered it last night!

I might be missing something obvious, but on the keyboard, when I long press on the full stop to enter a question mark, it enters quote marks instead. I've looked under keyboard setting but can't see anything in there.

I'm probably doing something wrong but is this normal? as the question mark is on that key!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just received my new iPad today, quick delivery considering I only ordered it last night!

I might be missing something obvious, but on the keyboard, when I long press on the full stop to enter a question mark, it enters quote marks instead. I've looked under keyboard setting but can't see anything in there.

I'm probably doing something wrong but is this normal? as the question mark is on that key!

shift then press it :p I stumbled over that as well!

Permabanned
I got my Ipad last night however I'm not excited and hyped as I should be I think. 99% of Apps on the App Store seems to be made for Iphone/Itouch only, I know you can use them on the Ipad but its smaller and made the stretch on the screen but its not using the New Ipad to its full potential it seems. I might as well have got a Ipad2. What i'm getting at is that They need to made and release more Ipad apps because there just doesn't seem enough at the moment at all..its kind of a big Buzz kill.

Associate
99% of apps are for phone/touch?
Theres not many apps for iPad?

I think you need to look harder.

And who are 'they' who need to release more apps?

Soldato
I got my Ipad last night however I'm not excited and hyped as I should be I think. 99% of Apps on the App Store seems to be made for Iphone/Itouch only, I know you can use them on the Ipad but its smaller and made the stretch on the screen but its not using the New Ipad to its full potential it seems. I might as well have got a Ipad2. What i'm getting at is that They need to made and release more Ipad apps because there just doesn't seem enough at the moment at all..its kind of a big Buzz kill.
I've only come across a few apps which I want which are made for just the iPhone. 1 of my radio station apps is for the iPhone, but its a music player I don't care.

On the other hand, a lot of apps haven't been updated for the 'retina' display of the iPad 3.

Don
Guys if I was to connect my iPad to my iPhone via Bluetooth and tether the connection (3G) so I get Internet on the iPad what are the costs to this? I'm just on a £10 O2 contract currently with unlimited Internet but not sure how much I te charged for this?

Cheers

Soldato
Guys if I was to connect my iPad to my iPhone via Bluetooth and tether the connection (3G) so I get Internet on the iPad what are the costs to this? I'm just on a £10 O2 contract currently with unlimited Internet but not sure how much I te charged for this?

Cheers
O2 tethering data counts as part of your regular data allowance, so surf away at no extra charge.
http://blog.o2.co.uk/home/2011/09/o2-tethering-how-to-set-up-your-iphone.html

How the heck are you with O2 only paying £10 and get unlimited Internet!? Last time I checked O2 charge a fortune for everything.

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
Are you sim only?

As I changed to to sim only last year with 500mb internet and this includes tethering, when I was on my old contract 2 years I did not have tethering.

Soldato
Thanks guys. I'll keep checking My O2 I guess to see if I incurr any charges!

Im on the old iPhone contract with o2, 600mins, unlimited internet and free sms for £19.99. Always used my Iphone for tethering with my Ipad ever since the Ipad 2 release. Never had any extra charges, this is the only reason I have never change contract. 1GB is data is too small, I usually hit about 3.5GB on average with tethering.

Soldato
It's great. While it suffers from the problem all LCD displays do (no super deep blacks, that nasty effect you get from super fast scrolling through pages due to refresh rate/motion), the colour accuracy is almost perfect and obviously the resolution... that you don't think about it is a compliment to how good it is; high res images look lush and detailed, text looks like a glossy magazine. Window into the content etc etc.

Caporegime
so what do people think about the retina display?

When it came out I was one of the bigger doubters on here, it wasn't needed. The older panel was more than good enough. Twice in shops I compared the two side by side.

In the end I bought the new one anyway. My wife has an ipad 1. After a couple of weeks using the new one, if I use hers to me the old screen looks **** now!

It's almost like going back to play 16 bit games :D

She now wants an upgrade as well :(

Associate
Hi guys, I got mine last week, but today taking it outside I noticed dust and other assorted bits stuck under the screen. Quite a lot scattered around the screen.

What are Apple like with returns? will I have any problems?

Very dissapointed! I googled it and it seems quite a common problem, worth maybe getting a refund and waiting a month or two for better ones to come through?

Caporegime
I had dust under the screen in my first one, got a return no problem. I now need to return the one I have now because the wifi is poo compared to my ipad 1, and IP4's in the house.

Mine is a 4g version as well, so they were wrong in saying it only affected wifi versions :D

Soldato
Well I've just watched my battery go from like 40% at least to 13% within a few hours by just browsing the web.. I swear it goes down quicker than my iPad 1

Back
Top Bottom