Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I posted exactly the same as you, almost word for word and it got deleted so be careful mentioning the D.g.mate on here.

Digimate, digimate, digimate DGM

Lol, i bought my digimate monitor from Overclockers so why would i get a suspension for mentioning digimate.

I even made this thread with Digimate in the title

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18399649

What reason did the mod give for your suspension. Did you mention prices from somewhere else as that will do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys.

Got my crossover yesterday, and here's some thoughts:

AW are definitely the seller to go with. They even gave me their (I can only presume English CS rep) personal email in order to contact them with any problems.

Tests came back pretty well. I haven't found any dead pixels, no stuck pixels, backlight bleed, if it is there, is impossible for me to clearly identify it. I thought I had a bit at first, but applying pressure on the screen where I thought it was seems to have reduced it. IPS glow is a problem, but what can you expect? They don't do AT-W polarisers anymore, so whatever.

Now, onto the issues. At first I had what appeared to be some kind of 'flickering' on a white screen. Essentially, the brightness would appear to lower unevenly in the centre, and then brighten up again. Seems to have stopped now though, so I have no idea what that was. Also, I'm having faint 'moving noise' when I look closely. It looks like electrical interference, so I'm presuming the DVI cable that came with the monitor is at fault. I've ordered another one, as it seems the DVI-D cable I was using with my old monitor is not dual link, so the display recognises it, but refuses to display anything.

All in all, so long as that noise issue isn't the monitor, it's been a great buy.

Surprisingly, I didn't get BIOS with my 6950 when I had the Hazro, but I'm getting it with this. What say you to that, Hazro?

Finally, my box was a lot less beaten up than the other guy's on the previous page. Kinda surprised nobody wanted to play football with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Dell 2412 arrived today and I'm actually quite impressed I prefer it to the 2410.

I think I will sell my PCBank and keep the Dell as I can read the text on the Dell. The PCBank is a leagues ahead of the Dell in image quality but the Dell for me is a better screen to use on a daily basis as I can read the text easier. Getting used to a grainy anti glare coating is going to be hard.

I could just go to spec savers... lol...

All good fun...

P1070134.jpg

Associate
I think I will sell my PCBank and keep the Dell as I can read the text on the Dell. The PCBank is a leagues ahead of the Dell in image quality but the Dell for me is a better screen to use on a daily basis as I can read the text easier.

Lol, that reminds of seeing my brother with his face nearly touching the screen trying to read a web page with small print. That was until i told him to hold down the Ctrl button and press + or - to make the page bigger or smaller. I have to have web pages set to at least 200% on my catleap or i would probably go blind trying to read at 100%.

I have posted on the new product suggestions section here at OcUK for them to look into the DGM IPS 27" 2560x1440 monitors. They used to sell a 24" MVA monitor about 4-5 years ago which i bought. It was a bargain at the time for a 1920x1200 monitor with MVA panel so maybe Overclockers will do a deal with DGM and get some in stock.

Last edited:
Associate
They used to sell a 24" MVA monitor about 4-5 years ago which i bought. It was a bargain at the time for a 1920x1200 monitor with MVA panel so maybe Overclockers will do a deal with DGM and get some in stock.

yeah i got that mva 24" in france late 2008 (iolair mb24w, 300e local supplier), had to fix the power supply last year and it died on me again earlier this year so i'm upgrading for a 27" s-ips.

i just hope those a- panel and cheap electronics will last longer than those mva.

I can see now how that lcd technology was designed to die after a few years, tell that to my 10 years old crt.

Associate
My Dell 2412 arrived today and I'm actually quite impressed I prefer it to the 2410.

I think I will sell my PCBank and keep the Dell as I can read the text on the Dell. The PCBank is a leagues ahead of the Dell in image quality but the Dell for me is a better screen to use on a daily basis as I can read the text easier. Getting used to a grainy anti glare coating is going to be hard.

I could just go to spec savers... lol...

All good fun...

How much ? ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom