Ramadan Mubarak

Soldato
The ones I always feel sorry for are those western non-Muslims who live & work in Arab countries and have to adhere to the food & drink fasting. Their country their rules, when in Rome do as the Romans I guess!

Got loads of respect for those choosing to do it though - no drink for the day in 45C temperatures is pretty hard going!

Ramadan Mubarak all!

Soldato
The ones I always feel sorry for are those western non-Muslims who live & work in Arab countries and have to adhere to the food & drink fasting. Their country their rules, when in Rome do as the Romans I guess!

By that logic (when in Rome) no Muslims should be fasting here then :confused:

When you say they HAVE to adhere do you mean they just can't buy food at certain times or they could actually be arrested for eating a sandwich?

In one of my first jobs I worked with a few Muslims and during fasting periods I felt so uncomfortable walking into the staff room at lunch with a big bag of munchies from McDonald's whilst they were just sitting there unable to eat. We only had one staff room and I wasn't going to eat out on the street but at the same time I felt a bit guilty, whilst telling myself I shouldn't as it's their lifestyle choice.

Last edited:
Permabanned
What about athletes, surely they have to drink and eat properly, otherwise muslim athletes at the games are at a serious disadvantage, for example the marathon they should be taking on carb gels halfway

Soldato
This thread was about wishing luck to his Muslim brothers, not a debate on why you don't agree with my/ other peoples beliefs...

Actually we really shouldn't wish them luck, more wish them strength of mind and body. Luck being a concept relaed to gambling, and that being rather naughty in the book.

Back
Top Bottom