*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Associate
Ouch. I wonder how much money EA will lose because of this, they pumped in a huge amount.

I can't feel sorry for EA, it's their own fault and serves them well for being greedy.
They should have never released the game at that stage. Bioware wanted to keep the game in development for another 3-6 months but EA decided something else. A friend of mine works for them and he warned me right before launch; still, I went on and bought it, out of curiosity.

Associate
Short version: Subscribers is basically same as now, except you get some cartel coins each month too for whatever they're used for... F2P you can play to 50 do everything apart from raids but extremely limited in how much of it you can do per week.

Lovely, thank you! Sounds about right for me tbh, keep it installed for the occasional wz blast and not have to pay - excellent :)

Associate
tbh it was a good game..but it took like a day or 2 to get lvl 50 and there is no endgame content at all...was just way to easy to level

If you skipped all the speech / the whole point of the game, then yes.

I left the game after a month due to the horrendous down time of the servers and utter lack of correspondence from Bioware.

Happy to see it tanking after their monumental mistakes.

(I'll come and dabble in more of the class stories though for Free To Play.)

Soldato
im tempted to transfer my characters from killian jarro (sp?) to the red eclipse, does anyone know what red eclipse is like?

when i played last, killian jarro was a ghost town :(

Soldato
I don't mind the game going F2P, it did Star Trek Online a world of good and I believe it will do the same to SWTOR.

I will keep subbing for now, and there is no MMO on the horizon that I would consider changing to so for now SWTOR will get my money.

I created a Bounty Hunter the other day and so far it's my favorite. Such a fun role to have.

Associate
If you skipped all the speech / the whole point of the game, then yes.

I left the game after a month due to the horrendous down time of the servers and utter lack of correspondence from Bioware.

Happy to see it tanking after their monumental mistakes.

(I'll come and dabble in more of the class stories though for Free To Play.)

no i listened to the class quests..whats the point in listening to side quests lol

Soldato
I've already stopped my sub a couple of weeks ago (partly due to not being able to play it for over a month in fairness) as I've lost interest in the game. Farming operations is boring, and whilst I haven't done 16-mans (save KP NiM) I doubt it's much different. Being able to level up characters to level 50 relatively casually with a F2P account will be a nice keep me whilst waiting for the rest of the game to be 'fixed' (end game content, class balances, more features, game optimisations). At least this way it will save me £9 a month for a few months or so between other games.

Soldato
To quote myself just over a year ago in this thread:

Hopefully this will lay to rest the stupid idea that people play MMOs for a contrived storyline.

I wouldn't say that... the storyline was basically the only thing that kept me playing as long as I did, it was everything else that was terrible.

Soldato
I wouldn't say that... the storyline was basically the only thing that kept me playing as long as I did, it was everything else that was terrible.

The class storylines are pretty much the only thing unique about this MMO. However, once you've done them once (per base class) they lose their charm. At least with F2P you can experience this part of the game without an active subscription.

Man of Honour
OP
any info on my server query above? :p

So it seems as though levelling up to 50 will be possible for free? Seems quite good to me!

I will certainly return if this is the case. I have all the other characters I want to level.

The silly thing is, in the closed beta we all told Bioware/EA that the proposed monthly sub was too much for the game in its current state. The fact is that in this day and age, the MMO sub can not be justified unless they release the equivalent to a complete game every month. People are tired of paying to beta test.

Soldato
im tempted to transfer my characters from killian jarro (sp?) to the red eclipse, does anyone know what red eclipse is like?

when i played last, killian jarro was a ghost town :(

Red Eclipse is plenty busy mate, they are doing forced moves soon enough I believe, so just transfer now - shame you didnt do it a few days ago and received the "incentive gifts" (a pet and some comms i think?)

Back
Top Bottom