Main holds 19 year dying dog in lake every night who saved him when he was a puppy

Caporegime
OP
I agree there comes a time when you do need to make that decision to end the animals suffering but he couldn't even afford pain killers or treatment for the dog so he was doing the best he could. He can now thanks to the photo so hopefully the dog will be happier. How many people on here would go without food so the dog could eat and take your dog out into a lake every day? That's dedication and unconditional love for you

Soldato
Really? You have never been in that situation clearly where you feel you have lost everything and life isn't worth living? I can well see the fact that he rescued this dog and hence it was his responsibility to look after him,stopped him from topping himself.

No I've not ever had thoughts about killing myself because life is really hard woe is me the love of my life has dumped me because I'm not nuts.

If you EVER have thoughts about killing yourself, go and see a doctor, you are not well.

In January 2007 I had nothing, no job, no home, and my girlfriend had just left me, My family were in the states, and I had literally nowhere to go long term.
I managed to get a sofa at a friends to sleep on for a few nights, got myself a truly awful Van driving job at a terrible company for rubbish wages, and I got my **** together.

Last edited:
In January 2007 I had nothing, no job, no home, and my girlfriend had just left me, My family were in the states, and I had literally nowhere to go long term.
I managed to get a sofa at a friends to sleep on for a few nights, got myself a truly awful Van driving job at a terrible company for rubbish wages, and I got my **** together.

You did all this but you still failed to improve your character, how about working on that instead of being a dick.

Soldato
You did all this but you still failed to improve your character, how about working on that instead of being a dick.

No, I look at things objectively.

You know nothing about my character other from my posts in this thread other than I dont like seeing animals suffer and that mentally ill people should get help.

Soldato
+1, I hate people that think just because they've managed to do it themselves it's just as easy for everyone else.

Who said anything about what I did was easy?

I despise people who cant appreciate the amount of effort it takes to get out of a situation like that and choose the cowards way out of killing themselves because they have not got the bottle to deal with their problems.

Doesnt sound very nice when you come at it from the other direction does it?

Associate
No I've not ever had thoughts about killing myself because life is really hard woe is me the love of my life has dumped me because I'm not nuts.

If you EVER have thoughts about killing yourself, go and see a doctor, you are not well.

So? a lot of people do not have the luxury of your life. Jog on and tell your sob-story to someone that gives a crap. I've had a hard life through health etc, but people don't give "one" because they are trying to live their lives.

Sort your bitterness out too.

Permabanned
Who said anything about what I did was easy?

I despise people who cant appreciate the amount of effort it takes to get out of a situation like that and choose the cowards way out of killing themselves because they have not got the bottle to deal with their problems.

Doesnt sound very nice when you come at it from the other direction does it?

I didn't say anything about supporting people who want to kill themselves, I cant stand that attitude either but telling someone what to do just because you've done it yourself isn't always the right option. There could be hundreds of factors which are different to the situation you were in.

Soldato
So? a lot of people do not have the luxury of your life. Jog on and tell your sob-story to someone that gives a crap. I've had a hard life through health etc, but people don't give "one" because they are trying to live their lives.

Sort your bitterness out too.

What sob story? :confused:

Its just how things were.

Associate

You know nothing about my character other from my posts in this thread other than I dont like seeing animals suffer and that mentally ill people should get help.

You have been here since 2002 and have over 17.000 posts. Partly with a bit of research (not going to, better things in life to do) one can build a little bit of information of your character etc.

Soldato
What sob story? :confused:

Its just how things were.

The sole reason for posting your story was to give yourself a pat on the back for managing to get through hard times with falling into depression or becoming suicidal. Well done; go you. I mean that in both a legitimate and sarcastic sense, for differing reasons.

It's been discussed on the forum many times, but that outlook is truly abhorrent. The act of self-termination is in no way cowardly... in fact, it takes an absolutely tremendous amount of will and determination considering it's a complete usurping of every biological impulse we have. Do you have any idea of the turmoil a suicidal person on the edge goes through? When the will to get it over with collides with every neuron firing with reasons that you should never, ever do that?

No, you don't. As you stated, you managed to avoid it. You should be happy you did, and focus less on looking down on those who don't.

The attitude you've displayed in this thread alone is enough for me to make a character judgement, it doesn't take much, whether you agree with it or not is another matter entirely, you got out of a tight spot, congrats, I really mean that, but don't let that dictate your feelings towards those that don't find it so easy, that time in your life obviously left you with some bitterness residing inside you so imo it wasn't a complete success, an experience like that requires growth internally as well as externally otherwise it was a pointless exercise, you have a choice, you can help people or criticise them, these two actions feed different parts of our psyche and help shape who we become, be careful not to feed on the wrong emotions.

Soldato
I didn't say anything about supporting people who want to kill themselves, I cant stand that attitude either but telling someone what to do just because you've done it yourself isn't always the right option. There could be hundreds of factors which are different to the situation you were in.

I have not told anybody what to do, as usual with threads like this, the hard of thinking jump in with both feet, dont understand a point someone is trying to make, have no appreciation for someone elses point of view and it ends of being a slanging match because they really just are not capable or too lazy to rationalize what someone is saying.

If you go to a medical practitioner and say "I am thinking of killing myself" or you try to kill yourself, you will be sectioned under the mental health act, because you are not well. If he was considering topping himself because he got dumped and he hasnt had help since then, chances are he will have the same thoughts the next time something bad happens to him and he should be seeking help if he hasnt done already.

The dog is 17 years old, and suffering. I hate seeing animals suffer, I hate people who put their feelings and inability to cope with loss above the welfare of the animal.

I tried to help the not quite so bright of you understand that I was coming from a point of being in a situation similar to him, and that my thoughts on the matter were not coming from a point of never being in a position to understand being in a hopeless position.

Its no less a valid view on the matter than any of yours.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have not told anybody what to do, as usual with threads like this, the hard of thinking jump in with both feet, dont understand a point someone is trying to make, have no appreciation for someone elses point of view and it ends of being a slanging match because they really just are not capable or too lazy to rationalize what someone is saying.

If you go to a medical practitioner and say "I am thinking of killing myself" or you try to kill yourself, you will be sectioned under the mental health act, because you are not well. If he was considering topping himself because he got dumped and he hasnt had help since then, chances are he will have the same thoughts the next time something bad happens to him and he should be seeking help if he hasnt done already.

The dog is 17 years old, and suffering. I hate seeing animals suffer, I hate people who put their feelings and inability to cope with loss above the welfare of the animal.

I tried to help the not quite so bright of you understand that I was coming from a point of being in a situation similar to him, and that my thoughts on the matter were not coming from a point of never being in a position to understand being in a hopeless position.

Its no less a valid view on the matter than any of yours.

You state you never told anyone what to do so what was this line from you all about then?

Associate
The dog made him feel better at a low time, its been a fine friend and he's now looking after it in the end of its life. He's not prolonging agony, he's being a kind and considerate owner. Man sometimes people can be perverse about something nice.

Caporegime
I posit that the dog is his only sanity left, i think he may be subconsciously keeping the dog alive to keep himself alive.

The dog is giving him a reason to live, which is a bit silly considering a dogs lifespan, but i suppose its a good a reason as any.

Permabanned
Really cute that is.

I love dogs, especially big dogs, and I can understand why he would do anything for his dog.

I don't find it upsetting, I find it increadibly warming in a way. I like that we can have mutual love across species, it makes living on this earth all the more enjoyable.

Gotta love mans best friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom