• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Z77-D3H Owners, Which Graphic cards you have?

Associate
As the title says,
If any of you own a Gigabyte Z77-D3H Motherboard, which type of graphics card do you own? also which manufacture made the card?

For Example:
My previous card was
MSI 7950

What was/is yours or if you know someone.

This isn't a spam thread, i'm honestly interested as my MSI 7950 didn't work with the motherboard and OcUk said it might be some compatibility, and to RMA it and buy another card, but i wish to do some research into what owners have to increase my chances to find a compatible one.

Thank you for your Assistance.

Soldato
You need to update the BIOS, known issue with the Z77 D3H. It ships stock with F8 (I think) which has some known issues (possibly only with AMD cards?) causing GPU's not to post.

Remove the GPU, connect your monitor via the onboard/iGPU update bios to the latest (F14 possibly), boot into windows make sure everything is fine, shut down, re-install GPU and enjoy.

Edit: I've seen this issue with cards going as far back as the 5750 so its not a gen3 issue, just a buggy bios.

Associate
OP
You need to update the BIOS, known issue with the Z77 D3H. It ships stock with F8 (I think) which has some known issues (possibly only with AMD cards?) causing GPU's not to post.

Remove the GPU, connect your monitor via the onboard/iGPU update bios to the latest (F14 possibly), boot into windows make sure everything is fine, shut down, re-install GPU and enjoy.

Edit: I've seen this issue with cards going as far back as the 5750 so its not a gen3 issue, just a buggy bios.

For the record. it has nothing to do with the bios, I've already got the F18 released less then 1 week ago, it's the motherboard, but seeing as i only brought it 4 weeks ago from OcUk i don't really want to buy another motherboard just because this one is crap and won't run new graphics cards.

Note. my 7950 worked fine, in X4 slot, it wouldn't post in X16 slot, and i foresee no point in spending £279 for a GPU that won't be running at 100%

i've had a talk with OcUk about it and it was them who ended up saying "Seems like a incompatibility issue send it back"

thanks for the advice though, i know you was only trying to help, so i'm thankful :)

Latest official is F15 according to GB:confused: Which was released just over a week ago.
@BIOS isn't as up to date as the main website, sadly i thought i had the latest until i went directly to the website ^^

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
What an utterly strange issue this is then, seems worse than I first thought.

Just so you know its not 7950 based a friend on f14 upgraded his 5750 to an msi tf3 7950 and it's still working fine in the x16 slot.

Return it get the gene and question why on earth ocuk are using these boards In their oc bundles if they have these issues, a board with a bios that rejects the latest gpu's, is this dell now?

Associate
OP
What an utterly strange issue this is then, seems worse than I first thought.

Just so you know its not 7950 based a friend on f14 upgraded his 5750 to an msi tf3 7950 and it's still working fine in the x16 slot.

Return it get the gene and question why on earth ocuk are using these boards In their oc bundles if they have these issues, a board with a bios that rejects the latest gpu's, is this dell now?

Sadly i don't think i can RMA the board anymore, i brought it last month from OcUk, i did get an email from them telling me if my 2nd card doesn't work,

Dear Paul Davis,

You are best checking with the motherboard manufacturer to check compatibility, if it is incompatible then you can send it back under the RMA.

Regards,

[insert OcUk name]

I've Emailed gigabyte I've still had no reply. but i'm not sure if he meant to RMA it back to OcUk or directly to gigabyte who've ignored me thus far.

Note: i didn't buy this motherboard because it was cheap, i looked around and went for a boared that didn't do SLI or Crossfire, as i have no intent to use them so i saved money on a board that i would use.

GTX 680, no bother at all
Gtx 680 reference. Haven't had any problems so far.

So far i've got 2 people saying 680 works, and 1 saying a 7850 works.

Soldato
I am having serious issues with my D3H that I just got today. Installed everything fine but my MSI 7950 won't boot. The integrated graphics are what I am using now and I have updated BIOS but I can't get my 7950 to boot, fans spin up fine etc

Any ideas ? :/

Caporegime
i think it can also be a problem of the bios auto detecting the graphic card and disabling onboard graphics,you might wanna try removing/plugging the graphic card in and out a few times,aswell as clearing the cmos once the card is installed

that might help with it being detected and working

Associate
OP
I am having serious issues with my D3H that I just got today. Installed everything fine but my MSI 7950 won't boot. The integrated graphics are what I am using now and I have updated BIOS but I can't get my 7950 to boot, fans spin up fine etc

Any ideas ? :/

Step 1: plug your Graphics card into the Bottom PCI slot (Next to the text saying all Japanese capacitors. (the slow slot)

Step 2: plug your monitor into the graphics card.

the MSI 7950 wont run in the X16 (Top slot) of the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom