*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Caporegime
Really, haven't used it for months but last time I tried it it was buggy as hell and needed a constant data connection, unlike satnav2 which downloads the whole journey at the start.

Man of Honour
It's never needed constant data connection.
The maps are saved to the device, so I can only assume you are on about a different app.

You don't even need connection for any routing, unless you want to use google search option.

If you know the address/post code, do point on map. You can use it in airplane mode, with no connection at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
I fixed my wifi issue, somehow. Ended up setting my SSID to visible and changing from WPA only to WPA/WPA2... why that made any difference I have no idea. Wifey's phone was fine from upgrade. Issues now lie with my Airport Express...

Soldato
Oh goodbye native Youtube, hello utter dog**** YouTube app. :(
Goodbye Google maps, hello utter dog**** Apple maps. :(

Updates you say?
Well you can ****ing shove them up your *** I say!

/rant

Associate
Oh goodbye native Youtube, hello utter dog**** YouTube app. :(
Goodbye Google maps, hello utter dog**** Apple maps. :(

Updates you say?
Well you can ****ing shove them up your *** I say!

/rant

Huh?

Google's own implementation of YouTube is 100x better than Apple's own. Maps is another story.

Soldato
Huh?

Google's own implementation of YouTube is 100x better than Apple's own. Maps is another story.

O'rly
Where's my subscriber feed of uploads only then.
Why does "youtube recommend" stuff I've already watched, the same day and on the same device.
Why can I not turn that off
Why, when in landscape is there no "done" or back button.
Where's my on screen volume control.
Why does it play 5 seconds and then stop... Every single time.
Why when its paused to buffer more video does it not show the status of that.
Why can I not choose a lower quality playback.
Etc etc.
horse**** of an app!

Associate
On the topic of Maps: I put in Bristol temple meads : No results, Bristol temple meads station: no match : Bristol temple meads train station: no results : Bristol temple meads rail station: no results :did you mean apple store cabot circus?

hahaha.

Rubbish.

Soldato
On the topic of Maps: I put in Bristol temple meads : No results, Bristol temple meads station: no match : Bristol temple meads train station: no results : Bristol temple meads rail station: no results :did you mean apple store cabot circus?

hahaha.

Rubbish.

Erm, I've just put in Bristol Temple Meads and it took me to the station correctly:

btm.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom