*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Soldato
Erm, I've just put in Bristol Temple Meads and it took me to the station correctly:

btm.PNG

Same goes to me

Associate
OK odd, definitely does not work on mine

what in the heck is wrong with this map thing? how could they get it so wrong

roll on google maps app

Soldato
I hope street view comes back to iphone but to be honest, if I was in google's shoes now, I'd keep it for Android, market it in a big way and integrate it into every app I could think of.

Soldato
It's been searched for by so many people (can't imagine this thread having anything to do with that :p) that it's a recommended search for Bristol :D

8016503796_bf5ee8e38d.jpg

8016503260_95ab2998d5.jpg

Soldato
haven't tried the maps really yet, but i'm pretty sure my battery life has improved with the update. Currently on 5 hours of usage and 1 day, 7 hours standby and still 21% which is pretty decent i reckon.

Soldato
I think Apple have made a tactical mistakes, by removing the google apps from ios 6.

Maps and now You tube (probably others?).... the only losers are the Apple users. Will make future customers think twice about buying an apple device.

Seems since Steve Jobs died Apple are starting to make mistakes.

IOS6 and now the mini ipad, which supposedly Steve Jobs was against.

Is this the start of Apples decline?

Its way to early to tell, but I think they have crested their wave and will see a slight decline.

I maybe ridiculed now but you can quote me as the person that predicted Apples decline in a few years time.

Man of Honour
Now I've tested it out on the iPad, want to upgrade phone.
But audible crashes on iPad with ios6, can anyone confirm if this is the case on the iPhone. Probably needs an update to the app for some reason. But thought I would see if anyone wasn't having issues.

Soldato
I think I'm experiencing worse battery life since upgrading my 4S to 6.0... :(

Hoping the iPhone 5 battery life is a little better...

Soldato
Just updated my iPad to iOS 6. Regarding the map issues, despite the obvious problems, I think it has the potential to be spectacular. I think the 3D rendering (of city centres etc) really impressive.

Back
Top Bottom