Skoda

Caporegime
Associate
I also had the retrim done at Seat Surgeons:

6.jpg

How much was that if you don't mind me asking? It looks great.

Associate
How much was that if you don't mind me asking? It looks great.

It was a Briskoda group buy at the time.

It was £850 incl. door cards and I think they were doing £750 without door cards at the time (few years back though).

It was done at Seat Surgeons in York - you order the style you like, then it takes a couple of weeks for the covers to be made.

Then you have a day out in York while they fit them for you.

Associate
I've been looking at the 2.0L FSI vRS (200bhp) as an upgrade from my VW Passat 1.9TDI (130bhp).

Will I notice much difference in:

- Performance
- Interior
- Boot Space
- Running Costs

Caporegime
I've been looking at the 2.0L FSI vRS (200bhp) as an upgrade from my VW Passat 1.9TDI (130bhp).

Will I notice much difference in:

- Performance - Yes, the VRS will be much nicer to drive and far quicker
- Interior - Depends on what interior the passat has
- Boot Space - not sure
- Running Costs - insurance likely to be more. Will get through front tyres quicker, mpg will be worse. Might be just as likely to go wrong :p

Associate
Performance sounds promising. What's the pull like on this model? I can imagine I'd enjoy a lot of low down power compared with high rev.

Well the interior on my Passat is very basic, looking very dated now as 'the beast' has done near 172k! It's got climate control and such, standard cloth.. really nothing fancy, pretty basic. The sound of a 6th gear is appealing.

Look at the stats on the boot space on Parkers and that suggests the Octavia has more room :eek: . Quite amazing as the Passat's boot is ridiculously big.

Is there any common issues/faults with this model that I should be aware of? Is there anything essential I should look out?

Caporegime
Any thoughts on the above Jono?

Been looking for a few weeks now, but very few vRS around that haven't got high mileage and are under £7k. Seems to jump from £6k up to £11k!

This is the only one I've seen that looks similar to what I want:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201241488552508/

Yeh i saw that the other day and was annoyed because it seems like an amazing price (year younger and lower miles for almost the same price i bought mine for!). Might be worth pouncing on as he clearly needs rid of it quickly and it is a very good price. Would probably be 7k- 7.5k for that from a dealer. It would have annoyed me though a bit as i really wanted one with xenons and the Maxidot.

Though glad i didn't buy private for mine in the end because it needs a new air con compressor ( very intermittent so didnt notice it on the test drive) which the dealer is replacing for me. Would have been about £500 otherwise!

Check the air con because it is a common fault in these. Make sure the cambelt/waterpump has been done at that age. If it hasn't, it is due now with that age and mileage.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice mate, particularly like the plate :p

Since i read the above quote about "Passat", makes me think maybe that's why I'm actually interested in a vRS as I own a Passat now ha! It does look pretty similar, but need the space for Golf clubs and the MPG is good for a decent performance output.

Soldato
OP
Sort of want a VRS plate but its then wasted if I don't upgrade to a newer one :D

Mines going in to have Cruise Control retrofitted tomorrow by PSI Tuning :)

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom