1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skoda

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Phil W, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Phil W

Sgarrista

Tonight's work was fitting this...

[​IMG]

Found £1 under the centre console, £64 now :)

[​IMG]

Came from an Octavia so the rear cup holder still works...

[​IMG]

And all done...

[​IMG]

I thought £65 delivered was quite reasonable considering Golf Leather arm rests are £70+ on eBay and you would need to buy Octavia trim from the dealer...

2. melbourne720

Wise Guy

Hi All

Just taken ownership of a 2010 Skoda Octavia VRS in Anthracite Grey, 2.0 TFSI with DSG. Standard spec, with rear parking sensors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I must say I am very happy with it :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  3. ahenners

Wise Guy

Nice purchase, love these. Haven't seen many about in that colour, most seem to be white or blue. Good to see you bought it with the proper engine in too :)

4. melbourne720

Wise Guy

tbh I was originally set on the blue, then this came up at the right price so I went for it. Glad I did, colour looks really good in the flesh.

It is indeed the proper engine, and the dealer made 34mpg driving it up from solihull in mixed driving so that'll suit me fine.

And it shifts quite nicely, my first turbo :)

5. stoofa

Capodecina

I bought my Octy vRS new in April 2011 and I went for Anthracite too. I wasn't overly keen on the blue. Black I'd owned and knew just how difficult to keep clean they were and White, although looking good was fast becomming the colour everyone wanted.
    I think the grey looks stunning, especially after a good clean and polish.

Because I was buying new I added a fair few options, well with the "VAT Free" offer it seemed rude not to. So added in Heated Leather, Xenon's, Columbus Sat-Nav, Rear parking sensors, Auto Wipers, Maxidot.

Not so many of the Anthracite around, so welcome to the club :)

6. melbourne720

Wise Guy

Good choice of options, if was buying new that's exactly what I'd add.

I've noticed I have maxidot, but I'd like Columbus nav, Bluetooth, mdi, auto lights and front parkers. I'd be interested if anyone can recommend where to get these retrofitted.

7. Phil W

Sgarrista

Experienced some trouble with my gears today, totally my own fault though.

I've read threads and seen a video on resetting the gear linkage. Mine was a bit notchy going in to reverse so i followed the guide. When i slackened off the Grip/Bush (Bowden Cable Catch) and put the gear selector into home position, the cable and catch were at funny angles from/to eachother, i moved the catch, but in doing so, snapped off one of the three threaded fingers that grab on to the gear selector cable.

I bodged it together but its starting to let go now. Took advantage of the eBay £5 off and got them both for £10 rather than £18-£20 odd. A few have commented on a more positive gear change with new ones as the rubber bush isn't worn down, i'm tempted to fill the gaps with Tigerseal to prevent any further deterioration.

This is the bush/catch i'm talking about, basially you pull the spring back, twist and it then locks open..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. wozzizname

Wise Guy

My vRS is Anthracite too - as mine's a diesel I didn't want it being too showy without the performance to back it up, so blue or green were out.

9. doll

Gangster

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted here, but this is quite a good thread for me to join!

This is my 4th vRS - TFSi of course!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tow bar is detachable and used for my bike rack before I get any jibes!

And this was a shot with my old Leon:

[​IMG]

This is my old Octavia (had virtually from new in 2002) and my old 2005 Fabia:

[​IMG]

And my last Fabia, that I did a part ex with to get the Octavia:

[​IMG]

I also had the retrim done at Seat Surgeons:

[​IMG]

I also had the wheels refurbed - just for colour change though, as I really like the black chrome colour!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess you could say that I like Skoda's!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  10. Phil W

Sgarrista

A couple of nice vRS' there, doll!

Bought this for mine today;

[​IMG]

It was on eBay, I messages the guy and asked him if he would end early as he was local to me, £15 later and I collected it today. Rather chuffed as its a genuine Skoda headlight and brand new too! Why change it? Over time the cover of the existing light must have not been fitted correctly, dirt and moisture have got inside and clouded the inside of the glass/plastic up. I could have stripped the current one apart and cleaned it but for the sake of a few quid, the new one came up at the right time :)

11. Phil W

Sgarrista

Swapped the Headlights over today, the motor etc was already in the new one so all I had to swap was the bulbs.

Old vs. New...

[​IMG]

12. Jono8

Caporegime

Nice

May i ask where you got those VRS alloy wheel cap badges and how easy they are to fit? ( i.e. do you need to take the wheel off)?

Quite fancy a set of those for mine :)

13. doll

Gangster

They were from a well known auction site!

A search for vRS wheel centres should do it.

They are stickers - I did take the wheel off to get my centre caps out when I stuck them on.

But you could do it with the wheel on. I just wanted to clean them up properly and make sure they had stuck.

14. Buckster

Sgarrista

I've been on look-out for a VRS (petrol one) and I think my budget is not high enough (up to 9k)

they seem to be like hens teeth ...

loads of diesel ones - very few petrol ones

15. rodenal

Capodecina

I've always noticed this too when looking at the latest VRS, but there are petrols out there well within your budget will just be a matter of waiting for the right one.

16. Jono8

Caporegime

I just bought one for £5700! 2006 with 63k miles tho. Great nick and well spec'd with xenons and maxidot,dual zone climate,all round elec windows e.t.c, even a personal plate with 'VRS' in it

They are fairly rare though, especially with a decent spec. There were quite a few cheap ones when i was looking but most had almost no extras (basic AC, no maxidot, 17 inch alloys e.t.c).

Anyone else think the 18 inch alloys are a must looks wise. I actually couldnt consider one with 17 inch wheels because i think it looks no where near as good! ( wheels dwarfed by the car)

17. Buckster

Sgarrista

£5700 - thats a bargain Jono :)

all the ones being sold in 60 miles radius of here seem to be from those "dealers with no forecourts" places .... not spending that much money at one of those places

I guess if the diesels were smilar price - a lot of people opted for the diesel varient :(

18. Jono8

Caporegime

Yeh, there seem to be a ton more diesels for sale. I think i read somewhere that they outsold the petrol one by a huge margin.

19. Buckster

Sgarrista

it almost seems that due to their relative scarcity there isn't much difference in price vs a Golf GTI from a dealer

yet I guess new the GTI was more expensive ?

I'd settle for a well kept 1.8T - older one- but they're all galatic mileages now - and seem to have got to such a cheap price they're just being run into the ground

20. Jono8

Caporegime

Really? I found that a MK5 Golf GTI still fetched a fair premium over a VRS.I remember looking at a 55 plate GTI (super spec though, full heated leather, xenons, pretty much every option ticked when new) with 50k miles for £9k about 6 months ago!