Build log of "Unobtainable" - X79 in a white Bitfenix Prodigy

Associate
OP
Because I got a Non EK reservoir I can't enter the Limited CSQ catagori (but the Open CSQ), which clearly is the best place to be put (less competition and way better prizes).
(And i can't use the reservoirs that EK makes since the are 60mm in diameter which i 5 mm to much).

So by removing the reservoir and the two non EK motherboard waterblocks I will then enter the Limited CSQ catagori.
Course I'm here to WIN :D

So now I know what the rest of my night will look like ;)

I will link to the new system on CooledPC.com ones it up, and still hope you will vote on it even though it missing two small blocks and a reservoir.

Associate
Stunning! I have to admit, when I first saw that motherboard, I thought it was going to look awful, because even as ugly as ITX boards generally are, standard it look like a right dog. You've done such a good job of painting it and colour coding everything, and drawing attention away from the board with the braiding and watercooling. This is the first time I can remember being properly impressed with a build that wasn't a "heavy" case mod.

seconded! It's difficult to appreciate how much work goes into cramming everything in - it's not very apparent, but I have some idea having watercooled a shuttle unit previously...

Associate
OP
Hi guys..

So It have been a bit quiet from me lately, but I have had an exam I also had to study for..

First off:
You remeber the all of a sudden leaking from the flowmeter?
Well it seemed to be the o-ring sitting badly, so tried fixing it but no luck.
So it goes out of the system (didn't need it any way) which might just make the whole build look a bit better and less caotic :)

But the leak did bring me some troubles..
MY pump didn't start after so was a bit mad at the time :mad:
But out the pump goes and with a bit of time on the hot radiator fixed it (it had taken some water in) :D

So I said I would enter the Cooledpc.com competion but in the highst catagori, so I need to take away the two motherboard blocks and reservoir.
So empty the build and now when I had it all out, I just need to change the fan on the PSU.

WHY?
Well, it is a nice PSU, but in idle, it's fan was the most noise part, which I just can't take.
So out with that and in with a noctua P14 - FLX which is really good = no noise but better airflow.

Really love the noctua fans, but can't use them in general because of those damn colors..

But the res, mobo blocks and flow meter came out, and the loop changed a bit and it all turned out really great (I believe :cool:).
Many great pictures can be seen here:
http://www.cooledpc.com/build/224

Hope you like it and will share and vote ;)

Next in the coming week, I will be shifting back the res and mobo blocks to finally finish the build and show you some temp, bench and OC :D

Associate
OP
Hi Guys, Im sorry that I have been away a longer time but my studies have really been pulling my hairs :(

Any way, Bench and such, well it turns out that the motherboard can't really OC.
Been ad it for some time now but, when I try to set a higher multiplier in the old BIOS it doens't really take any effect, or sometimes a complete other setting. Along that the power isn't working that well a all either, so won't try to do more in case the motherboard fries it self along some other HW.

I can tough tell you that, for some reason I not sure of, the front fan can't spin more then around 700 rpm of its 900 when it's inside the case (have tried two fans now). outside its around the 900, and nothing is hitting it inside the case.
Could it be some magnetic interference from the cables or motherboard?

So it doesn't perform that well :( but with all fan at max (is a bit noisy) I get a CPU core temps around 50-54 and GPU at 44-46 when I make some long Prime 95 and along some unique heaven. (though the GPU's only opperate at 70-80% when Prime 95 also is running).. And the water is around 42 degrees when it's stable

About the Bench, well it would be any thing you havent seen since I cant OC the CPU :(

My word, it's crazy what you can do with such a small space!

Great build, absolutely love it.

Thanks guys, well you should look forward to my next build that will have the same power but in a even smaller case ;)

Nice build man! If you would sell this how much would you sell it for?

Well it is been sold though my friends firm to give me money for the next build.
How much I not sure of yet but it around 4200 euros
(there is HW and such for more than 3600 euros)

Loving that a lot mate, I have a black Prodigy I am planning to mod and watercool over the winter so nice to see one done so well :D

Thanks, well looking forward to see ours :)

Associate
Have you tried the custom bios for it? I read about the board when you first posted the log and someone had the same trouble and made a custom bios for it, il try and find.

Associate
OP
Have you tried the custom bios for it? I read about the board when you first posted the log and someone had the same trouble and made a custom bios for it, il try and find.

Custom Bios? could you find it I would be happy..
As long as it doesn't blow my HW :D

amazing build

That is a tasty looking build very nice detail.

Thanks guys...
And just wait for my next build which will be more powerfull in an even smaller case :eek:

Soldato
Not a bad looks pretty tasty!

You might want to check out this video the guy is doing the same sort of build you did but I thought you might be able to get some ideas from it (he's using the same water pump you are and a similar reservoir).

I really love the way he's used Bitspower Crystal links for the tubing.

Associate
Not a bad looks pretty tasty!

You might want to check out this video the guy is doing the same sort of build you did but I thought you might be able to get some ideas from it (he's using the same water pump you are and a similar reservoir).

I really love the way he's used Bitspower Crystal links for the tubing.

I follow all his builds, really really good. As is OP's. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom