**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Soldato
haha - silver 1 v 1, played 5 2v2's last night - Platinum!

Anyway - as terran I'm finding it interesting that you no longer need to get Siege mode for the tanks, as soon as tech lab on factory is complete you can fire out a tank and it comes with seige mode already. Been doing well with a push around 7.30/8mins with 8/10 marines and 2 seige tanks. cue up another 4 marines and seige tank and follow with 2 medvacs shortly after. Seems to work fairly well.

I used to always FE at the start but been playing with 1-1-1 (with reactor on rax's) and it seems to work fairly well so far. Will wait and see.

Caporegime
Not impressed at all I have to say. The campaign is predictable (so far) and tired, and not very engaging. And I'm not really good enough to play the multiplayer as I just get stomped..

Associate
Not impressed at all I have to say. The campaign is predictable (so far) and tired, and not very engaging. And I'm not really good enough to play the multiplayer as I just get stomped..

I agree, the actual gameplay itself is fantastic, but i found the missions in the single player a bit simple and boring. Would have been much better with larger missions each one having multiple objectives, bases to destroy, and attack strategies. I steamed through it using mainly zerglings and just killing eveything.

My multiplayer experience is this:

50% cheese (protoss cannon rush + zerg all in with early zerglings mainly, with the player either winning, or quitting when it fails)

25% get completely creamed by a superior player

25% completely destroy the other player because they dont have a clue what they are doing.

Not the games fault, but thats just why i dont play multiplayer much anymore. The only time i really enjoy multiplayer is with friends when we are all playing for fun, and not obsessing over the fastest way to win

Associate
I find Blizzards matchmaking to be excellent and will usually keep you at a 50% winrate as you are improving... Im enjoying using Vipers vs Protoss at the moment:) But im clueless vs Terran.. Reapers and Widow mines are ruining my day

Permabanned
Which maps should I veto as Terran? Hopefully get round to playing my placement matches later.

I veto'd...

Akilon Wastes because that map is horrid and the lack of towers in the middle is stupid, they should've removed the outer ones so that you could go round the long way and not be seen so it's the same as EVERY OTHER MAP EVER.

Newkwirk Precinct is also a horrid map with the opposite of the above, it's easy to get vision on the whole middle line of the map making it impossible to move around freely.

Korhal City, it's impossible to deal with Protoss on this map and it being here just makes me shake my head. Why o why would you put a map that should be on the 2v2 rotation as a 1v1 map?

Also Bel'shir vestige is a near-veto, it's a great map that I love playing but if you're against someone whose hellbent on denying your third and/or fourth then you're going to be doing a 2base timing probably.

Man of Honour
haha - silver 1 v 1, played 5 2v2's last night - Platinum!

Anyway - as terran I'm finding it interesting that you no longer need to get Siege mode for the tanks, as soon as tech lab on factory is complete you can fire out a tank and it comes with seige mode already. Been doing well with a push around 7.30/8mins with 8/10 marines and 2 seige tanks. cue up another 4 marines and seige tank and follow with 2 medvacs shortly after. Seems to work fairly well.

I used to always FE at the start but been playing with 1-1-1 (with reactor on rax's) and it seems to work fairly well so far. Will wait and see.

My 0630 8 Roach 16 Lings goes omnomnom to that.

Permabanned
Could be worse, could be lying.

lol.

Queen Patch = Zerg dominance for several months until finally nerfed.

New Expansion = Terran dominance for a few weeks, Zergs cry for nerfs.

The funny thing is that Zergs don't even want to change. Let's see them get cornholed into 2/3 viable opening for over half a year and be cool with it.

Permabanned
But HoTS was a zerg expansion. To have no new viable zerg units in multiplayer is just a bit daft.

The Viper with blinding cloud is extremely viable and wrecks mech. Ultras are the best ground unit Zerg has now, they really pack a punch.

There's no reason to say there's no viable units when it's only been officially released for 5 days and the majority of the beta the best players were busy with WoL. Things like this take time but I bet you Blizz will nerf randomly anyway.

Associate
No he switched race and is now bronze zerg :)

He said he deliberately picked the weakest race. I asked whether he'd done that deliberately so he would have something to keep complaining about in the forums :D

Back
Top Bottom