Rooney asks to leave, Utd say not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Has anyone else got the feeling from Rooney that he thinks he is much more important and a much better player than he actually is. He has looked a little sluggish for a while now but hasn't adapted his game to it. When he has played against teams that don't give a lot of time on the ball or close him down he looks poor. Takes too many touches and turns into trouble far too regularly which I why I was hoping we were not trying to make him a central midfielder.

If he is played in the right position and sorts out his fitness he is brilliant. If he doesn't then get rid.

Theoretically if we buy a world class central midfielder then he could be pushed up front with RvP and Kagawa could tuck in behind and we would have a deadly attack. It all depends how Moyes wants us to setup and who he buys. Fergie did love to misuse players out of position and drop them for sustained periods with no apparent reason so its hard to say at the moment.

Soldato
Has anyone else got the feeling from Rooney that he thinks he is much more important and a much better player than he actually is. He has looked a little sluggish for a while now but hasn't adapted his game to it. When he has played against teams that don't give a lot of time on the ball or close him down he looks poor. Takes too many touches and turns into trouble far too regularly which I why I was hoping we were not trying to make him a central midfielder.

If he is played in the right position and sorts out his fitness he is brilliant. If he doesn't then get rid.

Theoretically if we buy a world class central midfielder then he could be pushed up front with RvP and Kagawa could tuck in behind and we would have a deadly attack. It all depends how Moyes wants us to setup and who he buys. Fergie did love to misuse players out of position and drop them for sustained periods with no apparent reason so its hard to say at the moment.

this.

Associate
His passing and work rate have made him the ideal striker for a team with a poor CM. But given his attitude/fitness, if we improve that area it would not be a disaster to see him go. I really can't see him aging well, he's looked psychically broken for years.

Caporegime
Will be interesting to see if Rooney does stay at Utd, now that Moyes is certain to take over. Moyes sued him for libel a few yrs back due to Rooney making some comments about him in his book.

Maybe this is why Rooney wants to leave as i heard their relationship soured after he left Everton for Utd 8 yrs ago.

Soldato
It wouldnt be a disaster if he left - in the last few months he has rarely looked like trying that hard.

He undoubtedly has been a match-winner for Utd on a number of occasions, but Im not sure whether Utd ever got the player he should have become.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hes on a lot of money and his value will only decrease going forwards unless he really pulls his finger out. I think the redistribution and reinvestment of his value would add more to the team than his leaving would remove.

Caporegime
Will be interesting to see if Rooney does stay at Utd, now that Moyes is certain to take over. Moyes sued him for libel a few yrs back due to Rooney making some comments about him in his book.

Maybe this is why Rooney wants to leave as i heard their relationship soured after he left Everton for Utd 8 yrs ago.

Rooney asked to leave before knowing about the manager, anyway he apologised to Moyes years ago...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...y-shows-he-is-maturing-into-a-true-great.html

Caporegime
I think his reasons are his not top dog anymore and needs constant reassuring that's he's needed and wanted. I guess we just need to see if Fergie can carry on comforting him or if he's had enough take the cash.

Soldato
Get rid, ask to leave once I can forgive and put it down to poor advice and a misjudgement on his part; ask to leave twice and you're out of the door as far as I'm concerned

As long as the right players are brought in I'm fully behind a clear out of Rooney, Anderson and Nani

Associate
OP
Get rid, ask to leave once I can forgive and put it down to poor advice and a misjudgement on his part; ask to leave twice and you're out of the door as far as I'm concerned

As long as the right players are brought in I'm fully behind a clear out of Rooney, Anderson and Nani

Is that all you would get rid of from the squad?

Soldato
Over-rated player. He has only had a few good seasons nothing great imo. United would do well to get 25 million + for him and invest it some where else. Euro 2004 he just burst onto the scene he has never recaptured that form imo.

Soldato
is it entirely possible that he is trying to engineer a move - hence at some lucklustre performances? (bring his price down a bit for possible suitors :D)

Just speculating.... but then in 09/10 where he hit 30+ goals he was played as an out and out striker.. This season has hasnt been up there hes been provider for RVP and others....hes had 10 assists in the league this season. (2nd highest)

His stats as a striker still look pretty impressive to me:

2009-2010 played 44 goals 34 (season after ronny left?)
2010-2011 played 40 goals 16
2011-2012 played 44 goals 34
2012-2013 played 36 goals 16 (mostly playing in midfield)

So going on previous stats 2013-2014 will be another free scoring 30+ goals season..

Dont like him as a person but hes a brilliant player... as they say form is temporary...class is permanent ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Recently though he hasn't been as good as he was.

he hasn't played good since start of season

I guess he's in a difficult position now Moyes is coming in, and I also know we wouldn't sell him to Chelsea unless they were prepared to pay a stupid fee:

moyes replacing Ferguson been on the cards for many months this is one of the reasons rooney has been playing **** or on the bench

chelsea would not buy him end of

rooney will go to Tottenham in exchange for bale plus cash

watch this space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom