• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX 780, 770 coming in May

Soldato
I wonder if we will see the same here. Cheapest I've found is £250 right now. Never seen it at that price. Would like to know though ;) :p

I'd like to get crossfire and that's cheap for what you would pay for the standard 670 or near 680.

I would say but this forum bans people if they mention other shops :(

I'm thinking of buying a 3rd one lol and I'm an nvidia fan

Associate
I would say but this forum bans people if they mention other shops :(

I'm thinking of buying a 3rd one lol and I'm an nvidia fan

Can I add you on steam or something? Would like to ask you some questions on your rig, I was going to post about any one running this card but this might be better.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just seen the gigabyte 7950 new for £192 with crysis bioshock and farcry.

Don't see how 7 series can compete with that by the time you sell the games you could have crossfire 7950 for under £350.

Can you configure your trust please so i can send you a message.

EDIT

Added you on steam.

Last edited:
Soldato
On that thinking though you'd find your self back in the 670/680 scenario but with the 770/760ti/670 when you can get ~95% of the perf from a part ~£100 cheaper.

Soldato
I think Nvidia are going to have a hard time with the 7xx series now there are sub £200 7950's with decent included games and hints that the 7970 will drop to under £250.

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Soldato
I think Nvidia are going to have a hard time with the 7xx series now there are sub £200 7950's with decent included games and hints that the 7970 will drop to under £250.

The phrase too little too late comes to mind, Nvidia should have aimed 6xx to destroy 7xxx not just beat it slightly, that way when AMD sorted out the drivers and got performance boosts 7xxx wouldn't have pulled away from 6xx (of course the is the possibility AMD set that scenario up deliberately, but id rather blame Nvidia :p).

It would be so funny if Sapphire/Gigabyte or somebody released a HD7950-X2 and annihilated the GTX780 in price performance :p I miss the days of the GT6600-3D1/HD3850-X2/HD4850-X2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just cannot see anyone with any sense paying top price for a rebranded 680 and a cut down Titan. I think Nvidia have shot themselves in the foot for all but the die hard fans tbh.

A 7950 for under £200 with a decent games package is going to be the best option until the real next gen comes along.

Associate
I just cannot see anyone with any sense paying top price for a rebranded 680 and a cut down Titan. I think Nvidia have shot themselves in the foot for all but the die hard fans tbh.

A 7950 for under £200 with a decent games package is going to be the best option until the real next gen comes along.

Agreed I am one of those diehard fan boys & truth be told I'm totally disgusted at what nvidia have done. Selling the 680 short in terms of performance & low memory bus + vram 680/GK104 really is a mid - high end card. Rebranding the 680 as 770 with a slight boost, all the while milking their diehard fan boys.

Don’t get me wrong there is nothing my 680 can’t handle game wise @ 1080 but the whole deception & marketing of a top of the range "680" card when it’s really not is something I cannot forgive "that’s my personal opinion"

Nvidia have had this whole scenario planned for well over a year now! I'm voting with my feet & making the move back to ATi 8/9 series when they become available.

Back
Top Bottom