***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
having looked at that pic with the softkeys it's made me realise how retarded HTC are for changing the button layout... for what?

So when I saw the google edition thing I was totally in but it'll be hobbled by this nonsense, I'll either have to put up with the on screen keys as well as the stupidly arranged HTC ones or install some sort of app to get rid of the on screen ones and STILL put up with the HTC ones or just remap the HTC ones to functions other than the ones printed on them which drives me as a bit of a phone perfectionist mad... ARGH!

Caporegime
Oh dear! That wouldn't be good now! :p :D

Saying that I quite like the lumia design (parents have the lumia 800 and I rather like it, feels great in the hand too) :p, it is just the thickness and weight plus colour scheme of the newer ones that puts me of!

Soldato
Oh dear! That wouldn't be good now!

Saying that I quite like the lumia design (parents have the lumia 800 and I rather like it, feels great in the hand too) , it is just the thickness and weight plus colour scheme of the newer ones that puts me of!

LOL! :D You're forgetting one more vital ingredient....WP8 :eek:

Well that would have been all together more impressive! :p

Seeing as you mention it that new Lumia 925 phone is actually a very nice looking phone! :)

:p ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I quite like WP OS too :o :p Don't like some things like the live tiles homescreen and phone dialer/contact app!

Although it isn't anywhere as good as android :D :cool:

Soldato
I quite like WP OS too :o :p Don't like some things like the live tiles homescreen and phone dialer/contact app!

I never thought I'd read something like that from you Nexus :p

Could it be that you're going to throw the Lumia 925 in the mix to replace your beloved HOS? ;)

Soldato

I really dislike the metro interface on a phone. It seems much better suited to larger devices like tablets. It's too cluttered and restricted. If I wanted a well thought out non-customisable interface IOS is the only choice.

Would love to see a Nokia Android phone though, too bad it will never happen. :(

Soldato
I really dont see what all the fuss is about the logo tbh

It is just un-needed to be there, Especially when it is already on the back. It is a waste of space that could be used for lets say a menu button!

I've just rooted & installed trickdroid. Much better now got the back button on long press for menu, android task manager cause to be fair I didn't like the HTC one it was quite annoying to use.

Changed the battery/clock/icons/notification drawer to be JB style. Also increased the app drawer on sense launcher to give more than the 4!

Much nicer now!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I never thought I'd read something like that from you Nexus :p

Could it be that you're going to throw the Lumia 925 in the mix to replace your beloved HOS? ;)

Nope! Even though I like the phone and windows is decent., it just can't compete with android:

- lack of apps
- no customisation
- the stock experience is very fiddly I found and trying to perform basic things is either not easy or not possible
- requires zune, which I hate!
- would get bored of it within 1 week

:p

Caporegime
How did you find the root and flashing stuff on a HTC device Mattey? Just as easy and quick as Samsung and nexus devices or more complicated and longer?

I really dislike the metro interface on a phone. It seems much better suited to larger devices like tablets. It's too cluttered and restricted. If I wanted a well thought out non-customisable interface IOS is the only choice.

Would love to see a Nokia Android phone though, too bad it will never happen. :(

Likewise :(

Shame as they are the only ones that could probably give Samsung a run for their money when it comes to popularity and sales, not to mention their phones hardware is great especially the camera area.

My dad's laptop has windows 8 and it is pretty decent once you get to know it but it really is designed for touch devices (his laptop doesn't have a touch screen)

Don't mind iOS, however, hate the look of it, hopefully iOS 7 will indeed have a changed, more modern/updated UI.......

WP8 has binned off Zune

Ah! Well that is a good start! :p

Soldato
How did you find the root and flashing stuff on a HTC device Mattey? Just as easy and quick as Samsung and nexus devices or more complicated and longer?

It took a lot longer than it did to do the Nexus & Samsung. Mainly due to having to mess around getting unlock codes, once the bootloader was unlocked though it was just as easy as doing the other two. I'd say it's a bit more complicated than other methods or should I say more long winded.

It is all running sweet though!

Caporegime
It took a lot longer than it did to do the Nexus & Samsung. Mainly due to having to mess around getting unlock codes, once the bootloader was unlocked though it was just as easy as doing the other two. I'd say it's a bit more complicated than other methods or should I say more long winded.

It is all running sweet though!

Thanks, doesn't sound quite as bad as what other people make it out to be then :)

If I hear nothing about sense V5 for the 1S by the end of June, I might just have to root my 1S :p :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom