***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
The camera issues are a small number it seems.

I've had Sky Go on mine for almost two weeks, with no updates done to it since (I didn't know about that happening!).

When out and about on 3G, it takes a few seconds to load up properly, but usually high quality straight away. Overall, it works very well :)

Soldato
Don't use maximum screen brightness. I have mine just under half brightness, seriously there's no point having it on max all the time. I've also turned off a lot of the auto sync stuff that I don't need. Power saving mode seems to help a bit as well.

With gaming however, I get about 3-4 hours screen time.

I leave the brightness on Auto.

If I put it in power saver mode I can't see the screen in the sun.

I'll try setting the brightness manually, see if it makes a difference.

Associate
No problem,

If your still getting nowhere after the second repair, let me know and I will trust you regarding the chap who I've dealt with today as he now is fully aware of the issue and I'm sure that he will be able to assist you as well.

Liam

Soldato
Getting serious screen lift on the left hand side. Looks like the bezel is coming away almost. It lives in a case, and has done since the day I got it, so I think that, combined with the gap at the top, is enough to send it away for repair.

Sucks but what can you do?

On my mate's 'one' the screen has dropped slightly reavealing the backlight. Like a bright white line on the edges top left and side. Nice.

His home button is unresponsive too.

Last edited:
Soldato
The plot thickens...

Decided to give HTC a call today to see what work had been on my second repair for the Blurry camera issue, basically after more thorough testing the repair centre still cannot find a fault with the camera... here we go again,

At the time the phone was in the "packing" stage at the repair centre and was due to be sent back to me today, I explained to a new chap at the repair customer support desk who has been very understanding and helpful about my issue and after 40 minutes of being on the phone to him and sending to him directly 2 photo samples of the problem, going through various questions and explaining to him what tests I've done my end and also him testing out another HTC One his end to see if he can find an issue with the camera... he agrees that their is definitely a technical problem with the camera on the phone.

The end result? The phone is still going to be sent back to me as it has already been processed by the packers and he could not tell me for sure if it was still in the repair centre (bear in mind that HTC's customer support is not physically linked with the repair centre itself) or with the courier but he has written up a full report on my case and has opened up an investigation into my case which has now been sent off to his technical supervisors higher up to deal with who will either decide to whether physically replace the entire camera unit on the phone for sure, or to save time as I have already had to go through a lot of waiting & 2 repair bookings - replace the handset with a brand new one altogether.

I've been told to deal with this particular chap only as he has stated that he wants to get to the bottom of this just a much I do and his supervisors are liaising with him only, he said he will ring me sometime tomorrow as he would have heard back from them with some news so we will see.

Liam

Do you have any better contacts than the 0845 number on the HTC website? Mine isn't an issue like yours, the phone is completely dead - but it appears yours got looked at much quicker!

Associate
Do you have any better contacts than the 0845 number on the HTC website? Mine isn't an issue like yours, the phone is completely dead - but it appears yours got looked at much quicker!

Unfortunately I don't have an alternative contact number for them, and the 0845 one is the one I've been using (I dread next month when the landline bill comes through after the 40 minute length phone call I had with them yesterday! :o )

My advice would be to keep getting onto them and make sure that some sort of action is carried out, they will try to fob you off with the old "have you tried this, that, go back and try this setting on the phone, leave the phone turned off over night, update the firmware" but just keep telling them you have tried troubleshooting in every way possible and that you want them escalate things further but at the same time it does help when you deal with a good customer service rep and deal only with them on the case.

Liam

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok thanks, going to give them another call after lunch and see what they say this time. The phone arrived with them last tuesday, this week was the first time I'd called them.

First person I spoke to said it had been flagged to swap the phone - but was delayed and would call me back when he found out why (he didn't).

2nd person told me they were waiting on components to be in stock so they could repair it, although he couldn't tell me what the problem was.

Yesterday the lady told me nobody had looked at it yet, and they have "a couple of days" from receiving the phone to look at it. :rolleyes:

Associate
Ok thanks, going to give them another call after lunch and see what they say this time. The phone arrived with them last tuesday, this week was the first time I'd called them.

First person I spoke to said it had been flagged to swap the phone - but was delayed and would call me back when he found out why (he didn't).

2nd person told me they were waiting on components to be in stock so they could repair it, although he couldn't tell me what the problem was.

Yesterday the lady told me nobody had looked at it yet, and they have "a couple of days" from receiving the phone to look at it. :rolleyes:

That's quite shocking to hear really, when I first sent mine in at the start of last week - it was looked at near enough straight away and then sent back to me the same day so I got it back literally only 2 days after sending it in.

The same goes for the second repair where they still could not find anything and I'm due to get the phone back today.

If I were you I would ask to speak to a supervisor or if not possible, ask for the number of their head office as mentioned by another chap on here as he also got no where with the repair centre and he contacted head office himself who then promptly dealt with his case and sent him a new handset.

Liam

Soldato
That's quite shocking to hear really, when I first sent mine in at the start of last week - it was looked at near enough straight away and then sent back to me the same day so I got it back literally only 2 days after sending it in.

The same goes for the second repair where they still could not find anything and I'm due to get the phone back today.

If I were you I would ask to speak to a supervisor or if not possible, ask for the number of their head office as mentioned by another chap on here as he also got no where with the repair centre and he contacted head office himself who then promptly dealt with his case and sent him a new handset.

Liam

I asked to speak to a supervisor yesterday and she told me she couldn't put me through to one there was a 24hr waiting list? I was working yesterday so didn't have all day to be on the phone to them - but I'm off today so can be a little more insistent.

Associate
I asked to speak to a supervisor yesterday and she told me she couldn't put me through to one there was a 24hr waiting list? I was working yesterday so didn't have all day to be on the phone to them - but I'm off today so can be a little more insistent.

When you next speak to them later, see if your case can be taken to a "Technical escalation team" as having to wait this long is not on, and that is now where my case is and I've in fact just had a call back from my contact at HTC who has confirmed that it is now in the hands with them, and will take around 48 hours for them to come up with a decision as to what action is going to be taken regarding my phone. My contact informed me that either he would ring me back to let me know if he gets told from them, or the Technical team will ring me back directly.

Liam

Soldato
Managed to speak to someone useful in the end, I called the 01279 number instead although it goes to the same place as far as I can tell.

It did actually go in for repair yesterday, and they were actually waiting for a part. Apparently the tracking system they use doesn't track the One properly - something to do with the repair process being different for Unibody phones.

So at least I know it is actually being repaired at the moment, and not just sat there.

Permabanned
trying to root my htc one keep gettign this error can u help
./adb-mac backup -apk -all -f backup.ab
adb: unable to connect for backup

Soldato
Unfortunately I don't have an alternative contact number for them, and the 0845 one is the one I've been using (I dread next month when the landline bill comes through after the 40 minute length phone call I had with them yesterday! :o )

I've been using 0175 321 8960. That's the number I get calls from aswell. I been calling them enough times and nothing has appeared on my bill so I'm assuming it's included in the free minutes ?

Nothings happened yet unfortunately. They were supposed to send me a new one on Wednesday but I found out today it hasn't even been dispatched yet. Tbh I'm not surprised anymore. :o

Also don't expect the tracking to work. I've got three ticket numbers now. Two of them still say 'Awaiting Device' and the other says dispatched 15th May (which isn't true).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom