***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
I already got one lol, am known for my great remarks.... I said all I need on this phone in the thread simple its the best one available atm imo.

Associate
Just joined the club - pick my Black 32gb up tomorrow (Was torn between the silver and the black - either is good)

Its was a toss up between this and the S4, but the One won me over by the percived quality and the features i'd use such as the IR remote etc.

The camera MP doesnt bother me - i've go 5' pictures on my wall taken with 3.2mp P&S cameras next to ones taken on a DSLR and there is very little difference.

Roll on tomorrow and the iPhone 4S gets sold on :)

Soldato
Just joined the club - pick my Black 32gb up tomorrow (Was torn between the silver and the black - either is good)

Its was a toss up between this and the S4, but the One won me over by the percived quality and the features i'd use such as the IR remote etc.

The camera MP doesnt bother me - i've go 5' pictures on my wall taken with 3.2mp P&S cameras next to ones taken on a DSLR and there is very little difference.

Roll on tomorrow and the iPhone 4S gets sold on :)

You'll love it. The HTC One really is a fantastic phone, in pretty much all areas. It feels beautiful in hand, has speakers which are brilliant, an awesome screen thats just the right size and has not been overcomplicated like the Samsung S4 with a million gimmicky features that'll you'll never use.

Just don't read too much of this thread. It's started to get filled up with people too many whining that their is a 0.00013123mm gap and that it is a terrible phone because of this and they will never own another HTC for as long as they live.*

Then they go and buy a Galaxy S4 instead made from plastic.

*Only slightly dramatised

Associate
Hi, got my HTC One today to replace an iPhone5 and so far I'm really impressed.

One quick question - I'm using Falcon Pro for twitter, and use the streaming facility which I leave going whilst sat on my desk etc. However, the screen on the phone dims after ten minutes. This is the longest I can choose the auto-sleep.

Is there an app that helps resolve this? Any tips?

Thank you.

Associate
Got an email to say the bank are replacing my smash HO so just waiting for that to arrive, hopefully its a perfect unit as was my other one before I bounced it off the garage floor :D

What bank is that with?

Thinking about getting insurance through a bank but always wondering how good their insurance is in terms of overall ease and process for making claims.

Soldato
What bank is that with?

Thinking about getting insurance through a bank but always wondering how good their insurance is in terms of overall ease and process for making claims.

I have a silver account with LLoyds TSB, it's not as smooth as they would like you to think, I called, logged a claim, completed one form, my claim was accepted was told only 2 successful claims per year (small print) then had another form to complete, then I had to package and insure the phone and send it in (for £50 excess they should pay this I think) then had an email last week to say they weren't able to repair so will replace and I can expect the phone within 3 working days or a call if there is no stock to make alternative arrangements, not heard anything as yet so fingers crossed I'll have one in the post this week, using a HTC wildfire at the moment, it's tiny, poor screen and making me miss my HO loads :D

Associate
I have a silver account with LLoyds TSB, it's not as smooth as they would like you to think, I called, logged a claim, completed one form, my claim was accepted was told only 2 successful claims per year (small print) then had another form to complete, then I had to package and insure the phone and send it in (for £50 excess they should pay this I think) then had an email last week to say they weren't able to repair so will replace and I can expect the phone within 3 working days or a call if there is no stock to make alternative arrangements, not heard anything as yet so fingers crossed I'll have one in the post this week, using a HTC wildfire at the moment, it's tiny, poor screen and making me miss my HO loads :D

Cheers for the feedback! Did you have to register the phone in some way before you are actually covered?

Bit rubbish you have to pay to send it in, wouldn't be suprised if people just said they lost the phone to avoid the hassle.

Soldato
Cheers for the feedback! Did you have to register the phone in some way before you are actually covered?

Bit rubbish you have to pay to send it in, wouldn't be suprised if people just said they lost the phone to avoid the hassle.

Yes, I was a bit lazy and never changed it from my iPhone 4 s so dropped it on the Sunday, had to register it and wait a while then place the claim in, glass floating around the screen and my ear got too much :)

Just hope the one they send out is not full of gaps and fault, the one I sent back had a slight buzzing sound when I had the volume on highest so hoping the replacement won't be the same

Associate
And for the record, I have intention of buying a HTC one, in fact, I am very strongly considering buying the GS 4 at the minute as "for me", it is a better device overall now (due to the extra MP since I am editing my photos a lot now, SAMOLED screen, easy to root and flash stuff etc.)

I'd personally wait if you can, I don't see what the S4 is going to offer you that's considerably over and above the One S. Same for the HTC One really.

Caporegime
Yeah I am having a hard time justifying the purchase either of the phones tbph, there just isn't enough of an upgrade overall for £400+

Hopefully the X phone will be even better and cost less than £400! :p

Soldato
Got mine today (work Vodafone contract), and liking it so far, question about SIM-locking - I've put my new Orange microSIM in and am awaiting them activating it. The phone shows no signal rather than a SIM locked message so I should be good to go once my Orange microSIM is connected?

Associate
Guys what is the verdict on this deal?

Plus 4 months FREE line rental (by redemption discount worth £144.00!)
Plus 750MB Data
Plus Inclusive Orange Swapable
Plus Unlimited Text Messages
Phone and price plan details
Minutes 400 per month -
Texts Unlimited per month -
Monthly £36.00
£36 FREE per handset
for 4 months
Price plan Panther 36 -
Phone price FREE HTC One Black -
Term 18 months -

Thinking of picking it up tomorrow

edit:

or this one:
Plus HTC One Silver - Available today FREE!
Plus 1GB Data
Plus Inclusive Orange Swapable
Plus Unlimited Text Messages
Phone and price plan details
Minutes 600 per month -
Texts Unlimited per month -
Monthly £36.00 £36
per handset
per month
Price plan Panther 41 NOW £36 -
Phone price FREE HTC One Black-
Term 18 months -