***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
I love mine, it's fantastic, think i've been lucky with no issues, there may be a gap here or there, there may not be I didn't look and don't care, I have a poetic case on it and just use it.

Which case, my aforementioned mate got the atmosphere, looking v cool, I like Poetic across the board though.

Associate
Sub par device cause it has less than a mm gap in it? really?

the device had overhang on the speakers, for a 500 quid device the QC is poor.

but that wasn't the reason I sent my 2 units back, the actual reason was both units had loud hissing on audio. When someone spoke it was like they were on a walkie talkie, it really was unbelievable that these devices left the factory without having been put through a proper speaker/call quality test.

Caporegime
anyway most folk think his One is a refurb it's so poorly put together

What "issues" does his one have that make people think that?

If you say just a hairline gap and the screen isn't "exactly" flush then I will laugh :p :D

If those are actually the only reasons, then please show them the pics of the GS 4, GS 3 and my one s as posted above and whilst you're at it, point out all the joining gaps on every single tech. device (I can see plenty on my 2 monitors, my speakers, my TV, my xbox controller, my mouse, my keyboard etc. etc.) and ask him does that mean that their build quality is terrible too and then surely that must mean that they look like refurb devices as well (despite actually being in very good condition, bought brand new)

Now if you say scratches, dents and stuff like that then he should either get a replacement as the phone shouldn't arrive like that or perhaps it is just him being rough with the phone??

Sub par device cause it has less than a mm gap in it? really?

Indeed :o

Even with the gap at the top and bottom and screen being a "wee" bit of, imo the one is still a far better built phone than the likes of the GS 4 (GS 4 feels great but for different reasons though, when it comes to overall build and perceived quality, there just isn't any comparison)

For me, some are being anal, where as others have got something to complain about. Such as the focusing issue posted by AndyCr15.

Exactly, those issues and other things like dead pixels, hissing sound etc. are "real issues"

Last edited:
Caporegime
When things are mass produced of course you are going to get quality issues along the way. I see it every day at my work place.

Especially when the manufacturing process is a lot more complicated for a number of reasons:

- material being used (aluminium is a lot tougher to shape and work with than plastic)
- the design/shape (shaping the body of the one takes a very long time and not to mention the process in comparison to shaping plastic)
- the finish process (again a lot more complicated than just applying a glossy layer)

And another very important factor, this is a completely new design for HTC, so considering they have started from scratch with a new type of body, not only just the design/shape process but also having the antenna built into the body for the first time ever with a handheld device, I would say that they have done a pretty damn good job.

Where as with Samsung, they have used the same materials, finish, similar design/shape etc. since the GS 1 and so have had time to more or less perfect the manufacturing process etc.

Samsung even said themselves that one of the reasons they use plastic is because it is easier to work with (other reasons being, quicker to shape etc.)

It will be interesting to see how Samsung do next year when it comes to QC/"build" if they decide to use a metal uni-body.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also had a lengthy call last night, and the noise that is found whilst playing music through the speakers is not there on mine whilst you are in a phone call. So I am guessing it is something to do with the amp's for the 'boomsound' speakers.

Man of Honour
I honestly have to say that after almost 2 months I still think this phone is fantastic. It has a small 'gap' on the lower speaker grille but I've got over that and the rest of the device, both quality and user experience wise, is simply great.

No regrets at all. Fantastic phone.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24450453 said:
I honestly have to say that after almost 2 months I still think this phone is fantastic. It has a small 'gap' on the lower speaker grille but I've got over that and the rest of the device, both quality and user experience wise, is simply great.

Loving mine as well, even more since I S-OFF'ed & debranded it & changed the CID so I get my updates directly from HTC.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24450453 said:

Have to agree with this. I took a bit of a calculated risk moving from iOS but having seen what they have come up with the iOS7 it was 100% the right decision. It just looks like a child's play toy in comparison to what HTC have to offer. Love it to bits, look forward to using it every time I pick it up.

Caporegime
Yeah pretty damn poor :( The sky and clouds looks pretty nice though!

Also, it doesn't look like the "big pixels" work either :confused: Shouldn't be as dark as that, at least not when running sense based ROM

Such a shame you lose all the good stuff of these OEM skins when you go to a stock based ROM :(

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;24450453 said:

Indeed. I am loving mine as well. The only "issue" mine has is that if you look at it from the bottom there is more of a gap on the right side than the left between the lower speaker grill and the plastic middle bit. Fortunately i dont tend to look up at my phone from the bottom much :p

The main thing for me is the screen is perfect. No dead pixels, perfectly uniform no noticable tints. That cannot be said for the 3x S4's i went through!

Soldato
I'm loving the One so far, my 4G finally got enabled after waiting 10 days so I'm pleased about that, tend to get about 40-45 down and 25ish up.

Unplugged the phone yesterday morning at 8am, played with it quite a bit at work changing to Nova launcher and an icon pack, went home and did some browsing on the web for about 30-45 mins, went out for a night out and made a few calls and general Whatsapp convo's, got home and it was still on 38% battery.

My Gnex would have been dead by 5pm if I was lucky doing the above :|

Incredible battery life.

Associate
Which case, my aforementioned mate got the atmosphere, looking v cool, I like Poetic across the board though.

Yea I got the atmosphere as well, white/clear one on the silver htc one looks great, really well made case and the fit is perfect, ordered from poetic via amazon, took 2 months to arrive but worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom