Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Associate
Old news.... Seen it first in I Am Legend ;):D:D:D

1427522dd142de9ea8a8bfb5db4fb7a9.jpg

Soldato
OP
Could Levett Not play batman seeing as he found the bat cave?

Nolan's Batman is done and dusted! This won't have any ties to that universe. Seeing as there was no actual universe to it.

But if Joseph does happen to get cast (which I think won't happen). Then people will throw arms and all sorts cos that ties it back to Nolan's Batman.

Soldato
Why ruin Batman by sticking Superman with him? Gawd people that want this film need to be sterlised :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Lol. One for comic book fans, methinks.

People wanted an Alien vs Predator film, and look how that turned out. I'm sure this won't be anywhere near as bad, but any 'versus film' is just asking for trouble. Freddy vs Jason is another that was a load of bile. Leave 'versus films' in the world of comics and animation.

Soldato
Oh you have no idea!!!!!!

No, not this again! Mmm...must....stop.....ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I like smart superhero movies (in that there are almost none...:( ), we must suspend disbelief about super powers but the rest of the film has some sort of logic, realism.

The problem about Batman vs Superman is they always seem to have gaping flaws about how much punishment batman can take as a human, such as falling multiple stories or getting punched from a standstill to wall breaking speeds.
I can't get past the fact that any of these would absolutely destroy his organs, I don't care what you're wearing, your insides do not like sudden stops from high speeds.

Same for reaction times, supes can move so fast you cannot see him, faster than you can hear him coming, batman is good but not that good, he is just a man.

So what are we left with? Kryptonite/other technology, but conveniently avoid that again, supes can attack from range with heat vision, or throwing things. But we must understand that if anything, super/batman have a history and what it comes down to is clark will not kill bruce and we know what'll take for superman to kill. So the fight has to be toned down.

There are far too many deus ex machina plots in superhero movies, purely to make it work.

Edit: I also think that the last batman trilogy is a very, very hard act to follow.
They got it right because it didn't pander to children, it was mature, gritty and it works, but a new film with both? Eugh...we'll see.

Last edited:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
While I really want to see a Justice league movie I don't think a vs movie is a good idea, a second man MOS movie with supers up against Darkseid with bats coming in to help would have been a good way to get a league movie going.

Not sure about this, it could be awesome or it could kill MOS off for good.

Soldato
Oooh, Superman/Batman team up *could* be an interesting thing. Maybe something along the llines of the Public Enemies animated movie with Luthor setting up Superman with Batman helping to clear his name.

Clearly going to be a prequel to the JL movie.

Soldato
OP
Oooh, Superman/Batman team up *could* be an interesting thing. Maybe something along the llines of the Public Enemies animated movie with Luthor setting up Superman with Batman helping to clear his name.

Clearly going to be a prequel to the JL movie.

Finally. Someone who sees a bit more logic in where the sequel might be going!

Soldato
The Batman films so far have not emphasised "the greatest detective alive" element of Batman's character. It is obvious that apart from the neat twist in The Dark Knight Returns it makes no sense for Batman to square off against Superman, his value is brains and ingenuity let the living god do the lifting work.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Finally. Someone who sees a bit more logic in where the sequel might be going!

Oh don't take what I said above as not getting it.

If it is a team up movie then it has a good chance of being great as said above along the lines of public enemies (my favourite of the animated movies) but if they go down a Vs route I just don't think it will work.

I have my fingers crossed! :)

Soldato
The news really excites me however I can't help but feel it won't be that good. I'd only be content in seeing Batman in a Superman film if it was a cameo of some sort or a Justice League film.

Soldato
I think it is an easy way to introduce the new Batman actor before J.L without making a brand new Batman franchise.
It will save the whole intro for each character at the beginning of the J.L movie.

Hoping for a team up movie, with some huge J.L hints!

**I might be excited about J.L... only a little. :D

Back
Top Bottom