Sky Updated Epg

Soldato
Anyone else find that evverytime they update the software it ends up locking the sky box? had to hard restart the thing this morning.

Caporegime
As far as I'm aware the non-recording boxes don't have broadband access (on older kit) or it's not enabled on the new HD non-plus boxes

are you even reading what I have typed?

I have TWO sky + HD boxes

both are connected to the sky hub.

if I had 1 box it would be fine to do callbacks through the hub, but since I have 2 it is not okay.

that doesn't make any sense.

Soldato
Yes. No need to get aggressive.

My point still stands. Most Multiroom setups have a Sky+HD and a non-recording box. The non-recording box needs connection to a phone line to report back box office purchases etc. as it doesn't support broadband.

It makes perfect sense. The whole world isn't out to get you. There's a few other billion people in it as well.

V F

V F

Soldato
Anyone else find that evverytime they update the software it ends up locking the sky box? had to hard restart the thing this morning.

The only problem I had was failed recordings. First problem I've encountered with updates.

Caporegime
are you even reading what I have typed?

I have TWO sky + HD boxes

both are connected to the sky hub.

if I had 1 box it would be fine to do callbacks through the hub, but since I have 2 it is not okay.

that doesn't make any sense.

Because the callback for single boxes is for box office and PPV stuff, not to verify location.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I understand what Psycho is saying though. You should be able to use broadband for location of both boxes, not just single, because it's the same theory.

Phone line multi room - same landline. If number mismatch, rumbled.
Broadband multi room - same IP for both boxes. If IP mismatch, rumbled.

Edit - sorry, just read your post Misschief. Maybe my point could be implemented one day...

Back
Top Bottom