CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
There is no problem really, CSS allowed you to skin your weapons just this time round everyone can see them.

Aren't you concerned that this could just be the start of something worse though? In TF2 it started out as some basic side-grade weapons which added a few extra play styles, but then came the hats, the unusuals, the strange weapons, misc items then absolutely tons of extra weapons and cosmetics (not all particularly great or balanced), strange parts, and so on....

I realise we're only talking about cosmetic things here, but I'm just saying let's hope this doesn't signal the start of something which might not be great or needed by this particular game. Will it have the same feel for you when you're shooting a team of CTs wearing giant inflatable rubber-duck novelty hats dressed in tuxedos and mankini's with over-the-top particle effects spinning around them constantly? (sounds amusing but we have TF2 and GarrysMod for that kinda stuff surely)

Associate
No, It will just be kept to weapons only because Valve know that they can't afford to destroy the cs community also there is always source and 1.6 to go back to if it was to go out of hand

Soldato
No, It will just be kept to weapons only because Valve know that they can't afford to destroy the cs community also there is always source and 1.6 to go back to if it was to go out of hand

Like I said time will tell... but I wouldn't put it past Valve to dive on an opportunity to milk this for all it's worth - do you really think they'd go to the effort of putting the item system into the game with keys and crates and everything just to offer a few re-skins?

Also btw although I'm pointing this out I don't really have a huge problem with the changes - I'll still play CS:GO either way and I do trust Valve not to go crazy - I just think it has the potential to eventually get in the way of the core experience of the game. (and I have no interest in CSS or 1.6, call it sacrilege if you will but I was more of a Unreal Tournament man back when it was around so CS:GO is the onlyCS to me)

Soldato
Actually the M4 S is not bad and the USP S... But what I find monumentally stupid is that you can only select it at the start of the game and during the match it is not possible to change, for example you choose the M4S at the start and for the whole match you can only use the M4S and not the M4A4... Why can't you choose between them during the match as they have different prices and clip size.

Soldato
Actually the M4 S is not bad and the USP S... But what I find monumentally stupid is that you can only select it at the start of the game and during the match it is not possible to change, for example you choose the M4S at the start and for the whole match you can only use the M4S and not the M4A4... Why can't you choose between them during the match as they have different prices and clip size.

I think you can swap them in your inventory in a match, but only whilst dead.

Associate
Like I said time will tell... but I wouldn't put it past Valve to dive on an opportunity to milk this for all it's worth - do you really think they'd go to the effort of putting the item system into the game with keys and crates and everything just to offer a few re-skins?

Also btw although I'm pointing this out I don't really have a huge problem with the changes - I'll still play CS:GO either way and I do trust Valve not to go crazy - I just think it has the potential to eventually get in the way of the core experience of the game. (and I have no interest in CSS or 1.6, call it sacrilege if you will but I was more of a Unreal Tournament man back when it was around so CS:GO is the onlyCS to me)

Yea, it's to support the competitive scene because the point in GO was to make a push for esports and the funds from people paying to unlock crates etc get put into a prize pool so this makes sense on the best way to do it.

If it had gone free to play then thats it, the community would just die because a lot more griefers, trolls and hackers would just ruin the game, it happened in TF2 when that went f2p but apparently its settled down now.

Also the way GO has been built with the matchmaking etc was not in TF2 (iirc) so they would probably have to do major changes for GO to work in a free to play model.

I know for sure we won't see hats in CS GO, maybe a little character customization down the line (going by being able to pick diff chars in older counterstrikes, but even then it might not happen :p) and the whole hat and weapon thing makes sense for TF2 because of its theme, it was never serious in the first place.

The silenced M4 is overpowered even with the low ammo count, everyone is using it (including T's grabbing it off the floor at any given chance) it is a bit weak at long range though compared to ak47 as I done something like 96 in 6 yesterday with it. It's an absolute headshot machine at mid to close range :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you can swap them in your inventory in a match, but only whilst dead.

Ill check but I am pretty sure that in competitive mode you cannot change it, you select the loadout at the start of the match and that is it for the whole match... only modes I play is deathmatch and competitive.

Soldato
The silenced M4 is overpowered even with the low ammo count, everyone is using it (including T's grabbing it off the floor at any given chance) it is a bit weak at long range though compared to ak47 as I done something like 96 in 6 yesterday with it. It's an absolute headshot machine at mid to close range :D.

I don't think it is that overpowered, I think it is more the novelty of it that people are using it all the time because its new.... In competitive matches it would be overpowered with 30 bullets but the 20 clip really nerfs it because you can only take out 2-3 max before need to reload.

Associate
I don't think it is that overpowered, I think it is more the novelty of it that people are using it all the time because its new.... In competitive matches it would be overpowered with 30 bullets but the 20 clip really nerfs it because you can only take out 2-3 max before need to reload.

I haven't played a compet match with it yet, but yea it probably is more balanced in 5v5

Soldato
It's not all bad... when they first introduced the crates I had some wallet change left over so I bought a couple of keys on the marketplace... Uncrated a dragon tattoo glock which sold for about £8!!! :D

Soldato
It's not all bad... when they first introduced the crates I had some wallet change left over so I bought a couple of keys on the marketplace... Uncrated a dragon tattoo glock which sold for about £8!!! :D

Nice! I had a few skins drop that were worth about 70p, but that was when it started, the same ones are worth about 3p now :(.

Soldato
Nice! I had a few skins drop that were worth about 70p, but that was when it started, the same ones are worth about 3p now :(.

Yeah I think there was only a short time-frame when it was all very new that you could get decent prices for things (much like in the TF2 economy when new items or events are added)... If it's any consolation I spent some of the £8 on a few more keys (since it was free profit after all) and got a couple of crap skins like the Famas doomkitty twice (worth maybe 5p each) and some other rubbish - oh well :p

Back
Top Bottom