*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Yes they're totally not just focusing on the PS4 version and dropping the PC as main platform, Smedley said they aren't so it must be true....:rolleyes: total coincidence they announced this at the same time PS4 release date comes up, yup nothing to do with it at all...

There is no downside either way, console version gets released, we get better performance/content.

It's about time console hardware/games pull their weight in upping the performance/graphics bar.

Soldato
Today I left my old outfit, BMC (Battle Marines of Chaos) and joined INI Elite.

I felt that my play style and as a player that I kinda outgrew my old outfit and wanted something more and after weighting up my options, felt that INI Elite could offer me more.

Was hard to leave my old friends but am hoping I can still squad up with them after the flames have died down.

Soldato
Today I left my old outfit, BMC (Battle Marines of Chaos) and joined INI Elite.

I felt that my play style and as a player that I kinda outgrew my old outfit and wanted something more and after weighting up my options, felt that INI Elite could offer me more.

Was hard to leave my old friends but am hoping I can still squad up with them after the flames have died down.

INI elite are the best TR outfit. I am Miller VS with ISK and INI always put up a great fight with small numbers.

Soldato
INI elite are the best TR outfit. I am Miller VS with ISK and INI always put up a great fight with small numbers.

Indeed, this is why I joined them. It totally suits my play style.

Pella recorded this tonight, 8 of us doing a Galaxy drop and taking A point and holding it till the base flips against 48+ enemy. :D

Totally loving INI Elite. ;)

Associate
Know a few of you here play NC I have 250 spare certs thinking of buying eitehr the Carnage Br or the GD22 i think its called. I tried them very quickly in VR last night The GD22 seems to hose bullets at 800rpm the Carnage Br though only 50rpm didnt feel the same felt like it was firing much slower.

But lot more accurate. Anyone used these two guns ? ALso the starter auto shotgun at 250 certs is this worth a buy ? Obviously it needs slugs or Im missing teh point with it as shot seems pointless past 2cm's out :D

Qel

Qel

Associate
Know a few of you here play NC I have 250 spare certs thinking of buying eitehr the Carnage Br or the GD22 i think its called. I tried them very quickly in VR last night The GD22 seems to hose bullets at 800rpm the Carnage Br though only 50rpm didnt feel the same felt like it was firing much slower.

But lot more accurate. Anyone used these two guns ? ALso the starter auto shotgun at 250 certs is this worth a buy ? Obviously it needs slugs or Im missing teh point with it as shot seems pointless past 2cm's out :D

If you mean the GR-22 assault rifle I have used that. Basically hipfire it most of the time, can aim down sights for medium ish range. Like you say it's a bit of a bullet hose but some people like guns like that, if you don't I'd suggest try the Gauss Rifle.

Carnage I have not used much, but it's differences are like you say 50rpm less but also less damage drop off at range, faster reload and better aim accuracy. It can also have adv forward grip or adv laser sight whereas the GR-22 can only have adv laser or normal forward grip. So basically you have more options as you can set it up (in theory) for more medium-almost long range fights whilst retaining a decent hip fire ability, (adv forward grip and aim down sights) rather than being limited to just in close which is more of the case with the GR-22, you can kill stuff at distance with the GR-22 but it can take 1 magazine per kill because of the low bullet damage. Whether the Carnage is worth it I don't know, it depends how you want to fight really, and the default gun (Gauss Rifle) which I'm using atm is surprisingly decent too.

Shotguns, I assume you mean the Piston as you said auto shotgun. Don't bother with slugs at all on any shotguns it's pointless really as any LMG, Carbine, Assault Rifle will do a better job. Shotguns are meant for in close so use them in situations that suit it (bio labs, towers) or on a class that allows you to get into good positions with it (light assault). Personally I find the Piston too much of a spray gun and prefer the Mauler (semi-auto with tighter cone of fire) or the Claw (pump action). Either way I'd use extended magazine on whatever you get. Again though it comes down to playstyle, you may love the Piston and it certainly has the firepower to blow people away, but you run out of ammo scarily quickly.

As with everything try them all in VR and then trial them in the real game.

Hope this is of some help.

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
The Carnage BR is my default short range gun for my medic, certed with an advanced laser sight it's about the best hip-fire gun I've found.

I really need to use it more, long way to go until auraxium on the gauss rifle though :( looks great for hipfire like you say, tempted to go forward grip for some reason.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Good to see TR and NC finally rising to the challenge of VS on Woodman lately.

Must be on a different woodman server from me NC still get hosed every alert!

But the TR are getting better, I have always been surprised by the performance of the TR on woodman, given how good their weapons are and there ability to blot anything out of the sky there lack of progress has always confused me.

Last edited:
Associate
This game is awesome! Anyone considering trying it do it, and stick with it for a bit. Having loads of fun at light assault with jet pack, medium range scope, and couple other addons. Still getting to grips with everything really but this is the most epic war game ever, battles are so huge it looks amazing. :)

Soldato
Yeah, it can get tedious at some points but my one tip is zergs are fine, but if you find yourself being overrun constantly don't just plug away and end up rage quitting, go do something else.Change continents, join a platoon, something. I see way to many people join a zerg, either steam roll their enemy or get steamrolled themselves then quit.

When I get annoyed at being killed constantly, I end up pulling medic/engineer then avoid fights and concentrate on repping, ammo supply, ressing. It's like another game and a lot less stressful than spwan, charge, die, spawn, charge, die.

Back
Top Bottom