Londoners in 'ere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
whitechapel-road-london_zps51840b0e.jpg

Enjoy :)

Soldato
The hospital is opposite whitechapel underground! whitechapel road! wrong directions while carrying your guts after a mugging/violent attack when on the way to the local shops could lead to death!

You're right! (I have a big 'fetish' for LAA linky) so I walk down from Aldgate station, down Commercial Street (I think) through a market and cross over directly opposite Whitechapel :D

e: Nope it's Whitechapel something, Commercial Street is the street Spitafields market is on I think...

Last edited:
Soldato
Because it is. If you check the price for property in that area you would be shocked how expensive its getting and since the Olympics its changed even more

Thats got nothing to do with an area becoming more affluent. More and more people, in and out of the UK move to London each year, pushing the demand up for housing, thus creating this so called bubble.

Hoxton is a great example; the square is full of trendy wannabes and hipsters, but walk 5 minutes round the corner and you'll come to the reality that it is a dump and there are plenty of rough characters about.

Soldato
Ok Londoners, I may be moving to Aldgate East/Whitechapel, can any Londoners give me a summary on the area?

Cheers

kd

You have some very good restaurants within a couple of minutes walk (Tayyabs, Hawksmoor, Damascu Bite, etc.). You have some very decent pubs around too (the 700 year old George Tavern, The Oliver Conquest, Indo, etc.). The Whitechapel Gallery, Borough is a 10 minute walk away, as is the City, Old Street and plenty of the parks.

Having lived all over London, I'd say this is by far my favourite place to live.

Also, I'd say it is up and coming. The value of our place has gone through the roof since we bought it a few years back, and the people that live in our neighbouring flats are all lawyers, doctors, marketing directors, accountants and media types.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ha, bunch of jokers. One day they'll get what they deserve when they hassle someone who doesn't take too kindly to being told what to do. Hopefully someone who doesn't care about doing the time.

A nice sting operation would be nice, undercover cop drinking or short skirt. Undercover units ready and charge them with Public Order and the likes. Might scare them off.

Soldato
Thats got nothing to do with an area becoming more affluent. More and more people, in and out of the UK move to London each year, pushing the demand up for housing, thus creating this so called bubble.

Hoxton is a great example; the square is full of trendy wannabes and hipsters, but walk 5 minutes round the corner and you'll come to the reality that it is a dump and there are plenty of rough characters about.

Meh, as long as London makes money it will continue. It is not like they can increase supply. Everyone knows this and this is why it has and continues to rise.

Man of Honour
Was in white chapel / algate east all week. Its convenient but certainly not a nice area. The side roads are surprisingly more shady than you would think, so exercise due caution at night.

The thought of you in the Nags Head amuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom