If you don't have Facebook you don't exist... virtually

Soldato
They probably are viewing his bookface. I see all the gang standing around their multi crt screen setups loling at the pictures of him playing blob grab with jabba the hut and his fellow slug huts.

Caporegime
Facebook is just a big RSS feed for me, filtering down stuff from sites I want to see and people I want to hear from on the internet. If I want to keep stuff private, I won't post it. If Facebook wants to sell my age, sex and the fact I like cars and titties to some company I don't really care, let them get on with it.

OP is paranoid, probably delusional about their role in society. The reality is, no one cares about you, you are not important and you are not special.

I've never treated anyone as weird for not having a FB account, and if I couldn't find someone I would assume they were dead. That is just stupid.

Caporegime
Let's just say that from other posts you will see that the OP sits on the same side of the fence as Alex Jones & David Icke.

I've seen enough in this thread. The OP has enough information in their OcUK profile to track them down, having your name and email address on a public forum where you can't choose who sees what is arguably more moronic from a paranoia point of view than having a facebook account that can be locked down relatively tightly.

But whatever, OP is not quite with it.

Permabanned
What I find funny (and disturbing) is you can not speak to a "friend" for 3 years and they are fine with it, but as soon as you delete someone from FB friends list, they kick up a big fuss.

Are we really at the stage where being "friends" on an online social network / info gathering for profit website is more important than spending time with someone?

V F

V F

Soldato
I stopped reading at this point.

Frightening how forums sound like Facebook these days and the fact you had to post that. Yet felt the need to tell someone.

I really miss the days when forums didn't sound like social media. That and the fact there's so many dictators in discussions these days.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Frightening how forums sound like Facebook these days and the fact you had to post that. Yet felt the need to tell someone.

I really miss the days when forums didn't sound like social media. That and the fact there's so many dictators in discussions these days.

Those damn potato penises!

Soldato
Facebook!!!! :p

I have set up a blag account through proxy etc and I can find anyone I want and no one knows me..... HHehehheheh argggghhhhh!!! :eek: Quell the madnesss!! :D

It is one of the most retarded inventions on the internet!!! Might as well go on cam4 and have sex for money!!! :rolleyes: At least you getting the money and not some little **** from the US!;) or gang of investors I should say now!!! :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Such as?

So let's say I open a new Gmail account and sign up to Facebook with a pseudonym and join open groups - what exactly will they be taking from me?

Your physical location whenever you log in to FB.

Every page you view.

Everything you click on.

Every reference to your account name elsewhere on Facebook.

That data will be stored and collated and examined for patterns in order to build up a profile of you.

This isn't tinfoil hat territory. The entire purpose of Facebook is data gathering and processing on a personal level. That's what the business is.

If someone argues that using Facebook is worth the loss of privacy to them, that's their opinion. Arguing that it doesn't gather personal data at all is just plain wrong. Even if you provide it with a false name, it will still gather personal data because that's what Facebook exists for.

Permabanned
Isn't it true that FB has a virtual profile for everyone who has not signed up for FB yet, and it is activated and linked to them when you do?

Try it, sign up with your email address that you use around and notice it automatically adds your age... how does it know? It also suggest RL friends of yours yet you haven't added any...

Then you have people who think you're a psychopath if you don't have a profile.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/12/catherine-bennett-facebook-psycopaths

Associate
I watched a documentary a few weeks ago and they showed how fb have a massive department simply policing the entire fb contents, and these guys are evil ! I think they believe they are the police. They report any minor incident even if its a smallest of comments or jokes, and believe me it destroys peoples lives.

In the documentary it showed a guy who who said "im gonna d****** new york, as in he wanted to drink n party all night. Blokes now banned from America and each airport he requires a full security check.

They even reported facebook owner and showed documents he works with the plebs and authorities, yet when the cameraman wanted to interview him and ask him why he is leaking personal information out he refused and simply asked to switch off the camera..... its not nice when someone's doing it to you is it !

I actually know 2 people who's lives turned upside down due to fb.... I have since had a similar situation and now deleted it.

Fb is just big brother think about it the plebs get all your details and photos and up to date survelliance and information...... anyone could post a picture of you without your consent and tag you.

Am sure no one will deactiviate fb since its like a must have function. It would be like not owning a smartfone or internet, but once you go through an ordeal yourself you will learn the hard way trust me, Privacy should always come first.
Why do you use pleb as if it is a person in authority?

Caporegime
You obviously don't understand the masses. Or could be one. This is no different to the school days. You're in the gang or not. Nearly everyone wants to be popular/liked and not be left/singled out. Those who are strong minded are a minority or seen as a threat/weirdo/alien.

im seen as a massive weirdo by my friends. whys that a problem? :o

Associate
Isn't it true that FB has a virtual profile for everyone who has not signed up for FB yet, and it is activated and linked to them when you do?

Try it, sign up with your email address that you use around and notice it automatically adds your age... how does it know? It also suggest RL friends of yours yet you haven't added any...

Then you have people who think you're a psychopath if you don't have a profile.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/aug/12/catherine-bennett-facebook-psycopaths
You do realise you give your e-mail provider personal details and that, if you used the real ones, Facebook will lift these details?

It's also for that same reason that you get friends suggested when you use your e- mail address. They will see who you have been in contact with. I'm ok with that, don't love it, but since I changed my e-mail address to a totally new one (I forgot my password on the old one and wasn't able to recover it) I never get any new friend suggestions except from those based on people I have already added.

Caporegime

thats because it adds your email address contacts if you don't tell it not to.....

Man of Honour
thats because it adds your email address contacts if you don't tell it not to.....

This is the problem with a lot of people who click on stuff without reading.
At the weekend I was on a site when I signed up (it may have been Evans Cycles) and it asked if I wanted to sign through Facebook and it would take my Contacts from it.
I reckon most people would skip reading it and just press OK.

Soldato
I don't have Facebook and I don't find I need it, after all who wants to waste time reading posts from 'friends' bragging about their lives?

Caporegime
I don't have Facebook and I don't find I need it, after all who wants to waste time reading posts from 'friends' bragging about their lives?

Get better friends?

It's useful for talking to people if they work in offices though, as they can have face book in a window much less obtrusivly than constantly getting thier phone out.

I think I usually just use Facebook for picture sharing and chat

Back
Top Bottom