*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Mine are the 360's and not the 350's by the way. There's a big difference between them!

360's have far better positional audio but zero sound isolation. People can hear everything you hear through the headphones and you can hear everything happening in the "real world".

Thanks for pointing that out Kreeeee, didn't realise there was such a large difference between them, I am a head set noob I must admit.

Soldato
A good alternative to PC360s are the HD558s which give an amazing open sound. They don't come with a mic but you can just use something from modmic.com. Saves you some money if you want the open sound but to save a few £. It's a solution many people have opted for.

Caporegime
OP
A good alternative to PC360s are the HD558s which give an amazing open sound. They don't come with a mic but you can just use something from modmic.com. Saves you some money if you want the open sound but to save a few £. It's a solution many people have opted for.

Why pay like £30 for one of them when the Belkin iphone thing from amazon for £5 does the same job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F8Z6...=1390221737&sr=1-2&keywords=belkin+iphone+mic

Allows you to plug any headphones into it to turn it into a headset. only £5 as well including delivery which is for a well known brand like Belkin is very cheap.

Soldato
Why pay like £30 for one of them when the Belkin iphone thing from amazon for £5 does the same job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F8Z6...=1390221737&sr=1-2&keywords=belkin+iphone+mic

Allows you to plug any headphones into it to turn it into a headset. only £5 as well including delivery which is for a well known brand like Belkin is very cheap.

using the same plugged into the ds4 using my pc 330 gamer headset. Works just fine, no problems that I've noticed anyhow..

Caporegime
OP
using the same plugged into the ds4 using my pc 330 gamer headset. Works just fine, no problems that I've noticed anyhow..

that already has a mic does it not?

that belkin thing is mainly for use with a pair of headphones to turn basically any headphones you want into a headset not to use with a headset already as that would be pointless no?

Soldato
that already has a mic does it not?

that belkin thing is mainly for use with a pair of headphones to turn basically any headphones you want into a headset not to use with a headset already as that would be pointless no?

I'm using a twin jack splitter as the ds4 only has one jack point, to use the Mic I need to connect the second jack. it works, unless I'm being stupid and only needed to connect one of the jacks? I don't use it much , only for bf4 when playing online

Caporegime
OP
I'm using a twin jack splitter as the ds4 only has one jack point, to use the Mic I need to connect the second jack. it works, unless I'm being stupid and only needed to connect one of the jacks? I don't use it much , only for bf4 when playing online

the thing I have linked to is not a twin jack splitter.it's a microphone with a jack for headphones.

it turns any pair of headphones into a headset basically for £5. so you can use say a £200 pair of headphones as a headset, no need to buy an expensive headset and then an expensive pair of cans if you value SQ.

you just buy expensive headphones and use them for both, with the belking thing for ps4, without it for music.

Soldato
Just found out today that 2 of the long time BF3 players on 360 has joined the rest of us over on the PS4 so that's 100% of my mates who have made the switch - should mean for more full squads on BF4 now on a regular basis.

Now if I can just free up some actual time to play...

Hoping the stock availability picks up a bit soon as Amazon still have no stock and I'm waiting to exchange my console because of the disc feeder noise. Was 21st Jan now it's 31st Jan. Can't seem to settle with it as it is so dying to change it.
Could do it through Sony but phoned them from work and they said to call back at home and they will try various things. I told them there is nothing they can do so what's the point.
Amazon said immediately they will just swap it but to contact them when stock is there.

Irritating...

Almost just bought one from Argos at the weekend to then just get mine refunded at Amazon instead.

Soldato
Can anyone help, suddenly tonight I couldn't play bf4, but I could play Fifa online. Now come back to bf4 still the same, I've restarted it etc nothing, my NAT type is 2. Nothing has changed, now I can't access Fifa online?! It says I need to be signed in, but I am as I am in a party chat with friends etc.

Permabanned
My PS4 is acting up, frequent soft lockups that take a few seconds to sort themselves out, other day it came up saying database corrupt so I restarted it to do a rebuild, still the same. Really quite annoyed, just my luck as well I've had problems with every console I've ever bought in the first few weeks. I wish I could blame it on PEBKAC i.e. myself but I think I'm just very unlucky.

Soldato
Yup done all that, something must be with ea servers?! Seeing quite a few tweets about it.

The servers have been awful since the last patch, black screens after round end forcing you to restart the game, Lag, missing hit markers, Lag , 0% health bug, Lag.

hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Soldato
PSN names for these guys blitz?? :D

lol I have no idea yet. They just ordered their PS4s yesterday but have always have Xbox so won't have a PSN yet.

Asked my best mate if him and his gf fancied a night out with me and the wife this weekend though and he said he isn't seeing her because they want to play BF with the 2 others joining. haha.

We'll be on plenty later in the week/weekend so might see some people on there!

EDIT....just had an e-mail from 1 of them at work saying delivery date 3rd Feb!! Guess they might not be on afterall!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished AC IV at the weekend, just doing some mopping up, doubt I'll try the MP as it's not really my thing. Only got Lego which is ok for short blasts. Might get Tomb Raider as a filler game before the big releases in the next couple of months or so.

Associate
Not played my PS4 in a while, I've been hammering the hell out of inFamous 1 & 2 in prep for Second Son, but hope to have done all that by this weekend maybe where I might play a ton of Killzone mp or something if anyone is up for it? :)

Back
Top Bottom