**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Associate
After 15 months mine started to misbehave this morning. Started off with an annoying flicker after a minute or so, but after a while started to properly misbehave, with funky colours bands on the screen, weak backlight, and now just about nothing. The red DGM logo is dim and broken up if it shows at all.

I'm guessing this is not a PSU issue. :)

Now back on my old Dell 1600x1200 (same power lead, same DVI cable, no issues). It's like viewing the world through a letter box after more than a year in massive desktop mode! :->
Could be the psu dying. give a dgm a call and get another one. Only £15.00
BTW still waiting for stock to come in.

[email protected]
+44 (0) 208 8390170

Soldato
Could be the psu dying.
Given the cost of sending the monitor to them (or even just the PSU!) it's worth a try. Thanks for the details.

Edit: just for reference...
...and both pairs of PSU pins are still providing 24V. The good news is that Parcel2go seem to be able to cart the whole thing off for less than the cost of a new PSU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you not buy it from Ocuk? Should it go back to them?
if you look back in the thread, OcUK say support for these is via DGM once the initial DSR period's over. Great monitor, bargain price, bargain support. :)

Didn't have any luck getting through to DGM today, so tried that email address. If they continue to play hard to get I'll ask OcUK to give them a nudge for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
if you look back in the thread, OcUK say support for these is via DGM once the initial DSR period's over. Great monitor, bargain price, bargain support. :)

Didn't have any luck getting through to DGM today, so tried that email address. If they continue to play hard to get I'll ask OcUK to give them a nudge for me.

Don't give up on phonong them. I got a replacement PSU well within a week :)

Associate

I thought it was discussed earlier in the thread but that it turned out OcUK did do the whole 3 years?

What sort of performance could I expect with an i5 3570k @ 4.6 and crossfire 7950 @ 1000/1400

Associate
I thought it was discussed earlier in the thread but that it turned out OcUK did do the whole 3 years?

What sort of performance could I expect with an i5 3570k @ 4.6 and crossfire 7950 @ 1000/1400

I have a 2500K and two MSI twin 3 @ 960 no OC and they are fine at that res.
I have OC to 1100 but don't see the point! But that's just me.

As for the 3 years when I brought it I also thought OC did the whole 3 years. That's what made me buy it.

Soldato

Pretty good, I imagine. The only game I've had to swap to my sim racing machine (2500K/7950) for recently is Rage, otherwise I do all my gaming on this E8400@3GHz with a 5870. I'm not saying I run everything maxxed out at native res, but everything looks good and fast enough (even if I have to run at 1080p res or lose a few special effects) that it's not worth swapping seats. Gaming is very nice on this screen, but I bought it for the desktop workspace mainly.

As for support, when in doubt, just ask in the customer service section. But my understanding is that all they do is contact DGM on our behalf, which is why they suggest we go direct and cut out the middle man.

I've now got a reply on the phone and once I get the returns form by email it sounds like they'll be collecting the monitor for servicing. That seems suitably helpful so far.

Edit: 24 hours after my chat to the support line the screen's already been picked up by DPD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting, comparing the manuals it looks like they've changed the way the stand attaches, hopefully meaning you don't need to remove the entire back panel to remove the existing part of the stand before wall mounting it.

It also looks like it may use a different power supply, if the diagram of the ports in the new manual is accurate then the power port is different.

It also uses less energy, 90w instead of 120w, which could suggest a new type of power block.

Not sure if there's any other differences.

Can't type for toffee
Don
...snip..
- 3yr Warranty return to base with OcUK
...snip...

Thought it was dealt with solely by ocUK tbh

Interesting, comparing the manuals it looks like they've changed the way the stand attaches, hopefully meaning you don't need to remove the entire back panel to remove the existing part of the stand before wall mounting it.

good move.
I'm stuck with one where if I want to change the stand I have to disassemble the monitor lol :(

Soldato
I removed the stand from one of my monitors and I was really worried about causing damage at the time, but there's a really good walk through post earlier in this thread that someone made, which made it a lot easier.

Glad I've done it though, gives a lot more depth to my desk and looks a lot less cluttered having it mounted on the wall.

Associate
Ok. Got my 2 bricks. Both you new and no burnt smell:eek:
If and say IF I get another DGM in 2015 I will make sure I get a spare brick.
Other wise I will stick to Dell. I brought one in Feb 2008 (already six years old) and passed it to my son.
Still going strong.

Associate
Won't be a DGM next time for me.

This is great value, but the ROG 1440P monitor with gsync and high refresh rate is just too tempting and I don't need a monitor with PSU issues - if my replacement PSU blows up then the hassle and cost of replacement starts to negate any money savings anyway

Soldato
Just a little update for those who may find themsleves in a similar position at some point. 4 weeks after my monitor was delivered to DGM all I've heard is an email last Friday telling me I'd be getting a delivery last Monday via DPD.

The tracking didn't work and nothing arrived. It took me a day to get a response from DPD, and they say they still haven't taken delivery of that shipment. I emailed DGM and have heard nothing since; it's turning into something of an adventure. :)

I know I should probably try the phone line for information, but I've got used to life back in 1600x1200-land and I've had other, far more important, issues to deal with over recent weeks, which help keep this in perspective... it's only a computer monitor. :) So I'm kind of intrigued to see how this develops without prodding them with the angry stick.

The good thing about all this is that I'm now a month closer to having the spare cash for a Dell 27". :->

Associate
Just a little update for those who may find themsleves in a similar position at some point. 4 weeks after my monitor was delivered to DGM all I've heard is an email last Friday telling me I'd be getting a delivery last Monday via DPD. :->

My bad. I should have said that DPD delivery is just DGM printing labels to DPD.
Doesn't work like OC.UK DPD.

Back
Top Bottom