January Transfer Window 2013/2014 Season Rumours/Signings/KonoplyankOFF:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
With Liverpool I think its more about value for money, which seems to be in short supply when it comes to some of their transfer decisions.

I get the value for money argument. I said after the Salah deal that one of Liverpool's biggest problems in the last few years has been wasting money and we're not a club that can afford to waste money.

I'm getting a bit concerned that we're going after too many unattainable players though. I've said a fair few times that we've got to be opportunistic in the transfer market, taking calculated gambles and signing undervalued players but since the summer we've gone for 5 first team attacking players and missed out on them all.

Soldato
Fulham have now confirmed Ryan Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole on deals until 2017 with an option of a further year.

Fantastic window for us.

Soldato
As I knew my team were not going to sign anyone today, I thought I would keep an eye on the incredible deals that Joe Kinnear might mastermind tonight. He really has worked wonders since joining Newcastle!

Don
Yes, and i've since said that my info was out of date as it didn't include the previous transfer window or this one. do keep up !

Did you forget to include the other 4 transfer windows since FSG took over too? From the first transfer window when FSG took over until today, Chelsea have spent massively more than us.

Permabanned
Does anything matter ? its a thread about football transfers, I'm therefore making posts about football transfers. I never said my posts mattered to anyone.

Does it matter whether Liverpool spent more or less than Chelsea, and is it really worth getting agitated about which you seem to be doing...perhaps as the thread is about the January Transfer Window rather than the all time spending habits of various clubs we could move on to something more relevant?

Soldato
As I knew my team were not going to sign anyone today, I thought I would keep an eye on the incredible deals that Joe Kinnear might mastermind tonight. He really has worked wonders since joining Newcastle!

I know!!

Managing to sell our best player, only to get in 2 players that are on loan all season. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Pardew turns around in the summer and says "Well we have just got Ryan Taylor back from injury and since he can play in midfield and defence, he is like a complete new signing to us and offers depth and cover"

The fact is, Remy is going to leave in the summer as his loan runs out, Ameobi will be away as his contract is up, leaving Cisse as the only striker on our books (unless we make the De Jong signing permanent) but even that isnt enough. Colo will more than likely be away in the summer I would imagine too plus the others whose contract will run out.

All because we havent signed anyone this window, makes it even harder to sign all the replacements in the summer, which we will probably only get 2 players in, if that.

IMO we need 2 strikers, an AMC to play just behind the striker(s) and a CB in the summer. At this moment in time, if Tiote or Anita get injured or suspended, which will more than likely happen with Tiote, then we dont have a player good enough to fill in.

Ridiculous being a toon fan

Soldato
Moyes has ruled out any business at his press conference (except outgoing loans of youth players), suspect he's telling the truth so nothing for us.

Pretty disappointed to be honest, the Mata signing is fantastic but its debatable whether Utd strengthened where they needed to in the chase for fourth.

On the other hand 14 deals were concluded for youth players, three permanant and 11 loans

Good luck to Larnell Cole and Tunnicliffe at Fulham especially

Man of Honour
Well I said when we missed out on Salah that I felt we would end up signing nobody, and sure enough, we didnt sign anyone. I also said at the time that if we failed to sign someone then Liverpool wouldnt manage to finish in the top four, and I stand by that still.

All of our major competitors strengthened, we remained the same. That would have been fine if it was them chasing us, but its not, we were already chasing and now they have got stronger (by what degree is to be seen, but stronger none the less) and we havent.

I cannot now foresee us managing to remain in the top four, and I think we will drift away to 5th or 6th. Which undoubtedly will trigger a release in Suarez contract in the summer or some such, leaving him to head off for CL football next season.

I'm not sure who is to blame for the transfer window failings but I think that Liverpool really needs to seriously look at the way we handle transfers. We seem to overly dither, over-haggle and not chase targets with conviction.

Soldato
Ayre isn't at fault for the inability to sign the Ukrainian dude by all accounts but he is responsible for us trying to complete a deal at 11pm on deadline day. Henry and Co really need to look at how the club is run and get rid of those people that aren't performing. The buck stops with Ayre, he needs to go. We could well have, and most likely have, blown our best chance of a top 4 finish for the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom