January Transfer Window 2013/2014 Season Rumours/Signings/KonoplyankOFF:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Search "Ian Ayre" in twitter and I'm sure you'll find plenty on funny answers to that. Needless to say he's going to get an absolute hammering for not completing the deal, even though nobody knows the reason why the deal didn't go through.
There you go, but at least Liverpool have looked like they wanted to spend some money on bolstering their squad.
No way at all they couldn't have secured him if they really wanted to.

I don't know. Lots of people have been saying for the last few days that dealing with Ukrainian clubs can be a right pain in the arse. Even Konopyanka's agent said this morning that some of the complications surrounding the transfer were unbelievable.

Caporegime
On the one hand I'm glad we've stuck to our guns and refused to get bent over but on the other if one player makes the difference between 4th and Suarez staying and losing out there will be hell to pay in the summer.

Permabanned
They said on Talksport earlier today that the Ukranian players are on a **** load so I imagine wages played a part, the fee seemed to be agreed I thought earlier today.

Soldato
Again, 1 goal in the league in a year, two managers that refused to trust him as first team, half of this seasons assists against Villa's C team, the rest in the europa league against nobody teams.....

1 goal against anyone with any relevance since he joined, 2 assists against anyone relevant........ that is pretty terrible even given his lack of starts, especially as he is frequently played as the withdrawn striker rather than deeper. He's played in VDV's role multiple times and provided a small fraction of the output VDV did.

In terms of a team that couldn't score, in Europe you scored 8 against Tbilisi, 5 against Tromso and 6 against Anzhi, you couldn't score in the league, where Holtby got no assists and a single goal.

I thought you hated AVB (who didn't play him in the league at all). Then again AVB didn't play Adebayor either... When Holtby played, in the rooey dopey league, we scored. When he didn't play I.e. the league, we didn't score. One of the few times he started in the league, he scored.

Your generalisations to interpret the stats are not very helpful. You have no regard for AVB yet use him as a great judge when it comes to not playing Holtby. The onkLy other manager who hasnt played him is Sherwood who has favourites (and won't play Lamela, Capoue or Defoe), limited tactical acumen and limited knowledge of how to run a squad. You don't like Holtby, I do; none of the stats point to him being rubbish, they hint more at him actually out performing the Spurs squad when he played.

Soldato
According to Ben smith and couple other twitter again no one knows for sure but paperwork etc was ready and player terms agreed but the owner of club refused to sign the deal so we lost out

Don
They said on Talksport earlier today that the Ukranian players are on a **** load so I imagine wages played a part, the fee seemed to be agreed I thought earlier today.

A deal with the player was agreed by all accounts. It was the Ukrainian club's owner that reportedly was unwilling to sign the deal off.

Permabanned
I don't understand why some Liverpool fans are moaning about FSG etc

Since FSG took over you have the second highest net spend in the league, second only to Man City. They have given you tons of money since taking over and for the most part its been wasted on jarg players such as Caroll, Aspas, Downing, Allen etc.

Most fans would love to have owners who pump as much money into the club as FSG do. Seems some fans are never happy.

Don
What I don't understand is how they agreed a deal in principle with the other club without their owner ok'ing it.

edit: we've spent more than Chelsea?

edit2: A few reports are saying that we met Konopyanka's buyout clause, completed the medical and personal terms but their owner was refusing to sign the paperwork.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Quite an underwhelming last day really, I was expecting at least one big move.

I'm glad United got Mata done early and that we've sent some of the kids out.

Soldato
This whole transfer is just another dumb move on our part again mainly ayre it seems he should agree deal with club first before player, it's laughable to assume club would just go okay take him. We either haggle too much or do it back wards like this one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom