January Transfer Window 2013/2014 Season Rumours/Signings/KonoplyankOFF:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It's that time of year when the rumours start to fly so I start you off with a few:

Liverpool have identified Martín Montoya as their preferred full-back target and hope to agree a deal with Barcelona for the Spain Under-21 player in the January transfer window, even though he will be out of contract next summer.

Cruzeiro have insisted that Manchester United have not made contact about signing wing star Everton Ribeiro. Speculation has intensified in recent weeks about the future 24-year-old, who has just played a starring role in Cruzeiro's domestic title triumph.

Chelsea 'close' to deal for Spurs and Liverpool target Jackson Martinez as agent flies in. Martinez has been linked with Tottenham and Liverpool as well as the Stamford Bridge outfit but it now appears that Jose Mourinho is in pole position to land the 27-year-old.

Underboss
Arsenal -

OUT
Bendtner - Anyone who will pay for the worthless pile of dung
Park - Loan
Vermalean - think he will go for more 1st team action

IN
Benzema - can't see it but would be nice
Some french teenager
Some spanish teenager

Caporegime
I can't really see us signing anybody in January, we need someone to help Giroud up front but I imagine Wenger will just use Podolski as backup when he returns from injury. Very much doubt Vermaelen will leave, he's sounded very positive in recent interviews and he is still the captain after all.

Soldato
I'd be over the moon if we just tied up Remy on a permanent deal, and no other business is done.

However can't see that happening so...

New striker - Gomis probably
Wingers - We need players who can't start getting to the byline and whipping dangerous balls into the box, it's a dying art in the PL, and Man City showed it still pays off recently.
Squad Cover - Desperate for a proper solid physical defender, we really lack in options on set pieces and corners. Colo's head still isn't with Newcastle, so time to replace. We could also do with better cover at right back, and maybe another striker (we can't rely on Shola!!)

Underboss
Very much doubt Vermaelen will leave, he's sounded very positive in recent interviews and he is still the captain after all.

I hope you are right I think TV5 is a great player, the only reason he doesn't start every game is because Mert and Kos are in fantastic form. Something I never thought I would say about Kos after the Birmingham Goal fiasco.

As for forwards, we have Ox & Poldi coming back soon, Theo is back. So he could use Giroud, Poldi & Theo as his forwards, Ox, Ozil & Santi as his wide men.

He won't buy in Jan, he has said for years he hates it because of the over priced players and the fact the good, world class won't be eligble for CL.

We shall see, he suprised me with Ozil so who knows...

Josh

Don
Any chairman's going to be worried about fan reaction from selling their star player to their biggest rival but it's more than that with Kenwright. He's the sort of guy that will always put tradition and rivalry before logic and I honestly believe that he'd reject a bid from us even if we offered double what another club bid.

Anyway, regardless of whether the bid comes from Liverpool or not, I can't see Everton selling Barkley for less than £25m and I can't see many clubs interested at that price.

Soldato

9 million more than Hendo? if he was available at that sort of price I'd be all over it. The guy is the real deal, I can't think of any other 19 year olds (or youngsters) with his potential yet alone current abilty.

Transfers have happened between Liverpool and Everton, it's not like its a no no.

Can dream though can't I? :D I would like us to really show some intent to grab a CL spot and get a 'world class' MF signing in

Don
£9m more than Henderson or £17m more than Coutinho (or £10m less than Carroll). It's all meaningless. And £25m would be the absolute minimum I'd expect Everton to demand. Look how much they got for Fellaini, they'll want more for Barkley.

Transfers between Everton and Liverpool have happened but who's the last one, Xavier? And Barmby before him, which Everton fans weren't happy about. It's one thing selling Xavier but it's completely different to them selling their prized asset.

I too want us to sign a world class midfielder but Barkley's not world class and I'd want us to sign a more defensive midfielder too.

Caporegime
I can't really see us signing anybody in January, we need someone to help Giroud up front but I imagine Wenger will just use Podolski as backup when he returns from injury. Very much doubt Vermaelen will leave, he's sounded very positive in recent interviews and he is still the captain after all.

This pretty much, id be surprised if Wenger goes out and buys a world class striker in Jan. First of all anyone that would be available would be stupidly expensive and secondly is also the issue of whether or not they would be eligible to play in the CL for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom