Atos wants out

Caporegime
Private providers likely to be in the frame for the next work capability contract include G4S, Serco, A4E and Capita.

True, but it's a sad fact that only one of those companies (Capita) hasn't been involved in shall we say, dodgy behaviour on government contracts.

Soldato
Good in theory, ****e in practise that whole Atos thing.

I'm completely sick of our government paying private companies to the do the work they should be doing.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
True, but it's a sad fact that only one of those companies (Capita) hasn't been involved in shall we say, dodgy behaviour on government contracts.

you should have a look at the money capita have had thrown at them for IT work, most of it late and costing twice what they said it would.

Soldato
Lets face it the private sector when it comes to these things all do the same... they do the basic minimum required on the lowest budget and operate in an uncaring and borderline illegal manner to maximize profits. And yet people act suprised?

Associate
you should have a look at the money capita have had thrown at them for IT work, most of it late and costing twice what they said it would.

You should have a look at government procurement which is usually done badly and encourages unrealistic bids and then accepts overrruns later on.

In many cases, if the bid was realistic then it wouldn't win.

DE&S (and their predecessors in the MoD) learned this some time ago and have just about got things sorted now. The rest of government doesn't seem to have caught up.

Permabanned

Haven't they?

For information purposes, I have recently left Capita.

Capita are shocking, literally shocking with the amount of money they are charging the Government for a half arsed service.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You should have a look at government procurement which is usually done badly and encourages unrealistic bids and then accepts overrruns later on.

I work in Procurement, this was the sole reason they gave the contract to Capita, although they are still shafted by the GPS at every opportunity or they go running to the powers that be.

In reality the likes of you and me are paying for the Government to have 2 separate departments/businesses doing the same job.

GAC

GAC

Soldato

DE&S (and their predecessors in the MoD) learned this some time ago and have just about got things sorted now. The rest of government doesn't seem to have caught up.

well thats more of a uk issue across many industry's when it comes to gov contracts, stick in lower bids than anyone then oops its costing us more now sorry.

but yeah its all a mess and has been for many a year.

Caporegime
Haven't they?

For information purposes, I have recently left Capita.

Capita are shocking, literally shocking with the amount of money they are charging the Government for a half arsed service.

Heh, perhaps I should have said "been caught involved in".

Just to point out though, what G4S, Serco and A4E may have been up to is a lot worse than charging shedloads of money for a half arsed service.

Permabanned
Heh, perhaps I should have said "been caught involved in".

Just to point out though, what G4S, Serco and A4E may have been up to is a lot worse than charging shedloads of money for a half arsed service.

Oh agreed but I think that is only because of the publicity that has been afforded to those cases. If Capita was exposed like Atos have been (which I don't think is entirely their fault btw) the general public would be a lot more aware of where their money is being ****ed away.

I left Capita on moral grounds because I was disgusted at how they operate.

Permabanned
To me everyone of those company names is synonymous with government contract incompetence and massive back handers.

Good luck to anyone having to deal with any of them people.

Don't tar everyone with that brush though, there are decent people in both Atos and Capita, the problem comes when it is passed over as a service to a third party but is still actually being run by the Government departments.

Soldato
Lets face it the private sector when it comes to these things all do the same... they do the basic minimum required on the lowest budget and operate in an uncaring and borderline illegal manner to maximize profits. And yet people act suprised?

This is exactly it, however my communications have been fine with Capita very helpful, DWP is another matter though :rolleyes: However despite dozens of pages of assessments capita still want to send out a 'healthcare professional'. But quite frankly I don't care of their conclusion because there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
People also need to distinguish between Atos the IT company and their sister company Atos Healthcare who all the problems were attributed to. When in reality, it's still the Government that are ****ing things up for disabled people.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I despise G4S, we gave them like £400m last year. We should have cut all ties after the Olympics.

to be fair the olympics would have been a farce no matter which company had the contract, as no one carry's that many temp's.

should have just used the army in the first place and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom