***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Permabanned
Really lucky! I haven't been able to find one for weeks. :(
Yeah luckily i have them on my other char that is still alive on HC and regular, i do play more HC but i dont mind playing regular or experimental.

met up with guru we both got shot :D

i was newspawn got mosined :p
he got shot near boat up near behrizino.

will meet up later tonight. when guru back on.

86JR you playing experimental or normal. can come normal if you want later as both of us are geared on that.

Yeah i was on the ship, had a mosin and no bullets, very hard to find food on experimental. I run into a guy on the ship with his back to me, i said hi mate, he turned around and shot me. I shouted down the mic "You ****in idiot why yo u do that i have no bullets and i coulda killed you if i had bullets, thats why i said hello" He said "oh sorry i didnt realise, i just seen the gun on your back" I said" if i had have had bullets you woulda been dead as i seen you first" he just kept saying sorry.

Tbh i dont like exp as there is no food whatsoever not once piece and i Know plenty of places were stuff spawns with over 180hrs into the game especially up north. Some will argue that this makes the game more of a survival game which i do agree with but im not going to run around for 3 hours looking for 1 tin of beans as life is too short.;)
I have TS so ill give you the info later Dg and we can play without the ingame voice comms.
Ill be on later hopefully.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dg what is your steam addy ill add you?

On another note i just found 2 Long range scopes next to each other, how lucky is that!

Find of the frigging century that! They are rare as anything these days.

Thank you very much Speed for the company last night. Fair play for not killing a black guy running around Elektro in nothing but his pants. Lesser men would have killed me on site.

As my char is clearly disturbed... :D

My pleasure, just a shame the server was stripped bare.

Permabanned
I am on normal - I want to play experimental so I can help out with the bug testing, but if I do I cannot find any servers on the experimental build.

Caporegime
you just except to be in beta patch will dl then start dayz as normal all the servers on experimental will be green there is about 6 i think up.

all the others on regular and hardcore will have a red cross next to them.

Permabanned
you just except to be in beta patch will dl then start dayz as normal all the servers on experimental will be green there is about 6 i think up.

all the others on regular and hardcore will have a red cross next to them.

I didnt know there were 6 exp servers, thats not too bad then atleast if there is no food we can try another server.:)

Permabanned
Yeah i dont mind HC either, i spend all my time is FPS view so makes no difference really for me.:)
Also other people are welcome to join the TS if they want to play properly once ive added them through Steam.
We can do trips to NW Airfield or anywhere on the map, depending on what we all decide. Should be fun, if one game is meant to be played in a team its Dayz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyway i can two installs of Day Z ?

One for stable and one for experimental ? i don't fancy keep patching everytime i wanna swap.

I wanna play with freinds but i also wanna play experimental but obivously patching is a PITA !

Soldato
Has anyone else had problems with the game miimising itself randomly and you not being able to maximise the screen again? This has happened to me three times today for the first time. It wouldn't be so bad if I wan't out in the open, around Berezino each time it happens :mad:

Soldato
Anyway i can two installs of Day Z ?

One for stable and one for experimental ? i don't fancy keep patching everytime i wanna swap.

I wanna play with freinds but i also wanna play experimental but obivously patching is a PITA !

There has been talk of them sorting something with Steam, but at this stage its a patch change still.

Has anyone else had problems with the game miimising itself randomly and you not being able to maximise the screen again? This has happened to me three times today for the first time. It wouldn't be so bad if I wan't out in the open, around Berezino each time it happens :mad:

I've had it a few times, I kinda just think its something to do with background programs. It doesn't happen often so I can live with it.

Caporegime
Posted 2 hrs ago....
DayZ Standalone Creator Dean 'Rocket' Hall & The History of DayZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=432RQ96RyO0

ZZZZ thought he was up his own ass and into "godmode" being status but jesus christ he made a bloody mod.

he's hardly mojang success levels why make a docu about the game that seems to be entirely about the guy at this point?

wait until the game is a bloody success ffs and not just a commercial sucess

Soldato
ZZZZ thought he was up his own ass and into "godmode" being status but jesus christ he made a bloody mod.

he's hardly mojang success levels why make a docu about the game that seems to be entirely about the guy at this point?

wait until the game is a bloody success ffs and not just a commercial sucess

I'm not wanting to be a fanboy, but the success and IMO the drawbacks are that its made Bohemia about £15 mil already.

They have £15 mil, pay for the damn game to be finished! That would surely pay off rockets ego and buy some good dev's in! For the amount this has made them yes I can believe his attitude because it obviously works, however the work pace is now not matching what it damn well should be!

Permabanned
When Pocket sold his soul to BI he would have outlined a few things in a contract first before he signed. One of them being he stays lead dev and that means the pace stays slow so he can be in the limelight for a year or two. Ego and all that

Soldato
When Pocket sold his soul to BI he would have outlined a few things in a contract first before he signed. One of them being he stays lead dev and that means the pace stays slow so he can be in the limelight for a year or two. Ego and all that

Most sensible/smart thing I've ever heard you say.

Back
Top Bottom