• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Show us your gains on 337.50 nVidia drivers

Associate
Just been testing myself. In short looks like some good gains in DX11 titles, nothing much in DX9. [email protected] and SLI 780's

Old driver 334.89

Assetto Corsa (v0.8.2): Special Events - SuperCar Race - Silverstone - Sitting at back of grid 80FPS

Project CARS (build 701) : Quick Race Weekend - GT cars/31 AI - Spa - Sitting at back of grid 50FPS

Rfactor 2 (build 590): Race - Karts/29 AI - Qubec - Sitting on grid 32FPS

iracing (2014 S1 build): Private test session - MP4-12C - Spa one lap - low 83FPS rounding La Source hairpin

-------------------------------------

New driver 337.50

Assetto Corsa: Increase - upto 105FPS sitting on grid (FPS always a little inconsistent on this one but I restarted several times to get best figures for old and new drivers)

Project CARS: Increase - 57FPS sitting on grid

Rfactor2: No change

iracing: No change in FPS, less stuttering observed

Last edited:
Permabanned
someone else happy with their results :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBiZjvgZ-o4#t=393

and my own result in the one game I had installed both prior and after installing:

Thief, max settings, TriTitans, 3840x2160
.................min max average
old driver...37 90 63
new driver..57 125 89

Thanks for that FAP material video, good games esp. as higher RES (did you edit URL so it skipped to a certain part)?

Soldato
I can't give numbers atm (but will get around to it) but a an owner of an AMD Phenom II 6 it certainly seems that in places I am CPU limited ie Hanian Resort my minimum FPS has gone up by on average 10fps. I used to dip down to 70 (even on 8vs8) around the centre flag but it was a solid 80fps (capped tho so...yeah) this time.

Associate
My experience so far at 1080p with the 337.50 driver.
Thief increased 13 FPS average
Tomb Raider inscreased 3 FPS average
Sleeping Dogs inscreased 11.5 FPS average
Hitman Absolution increased from 69 FPS to whoppíng 103 FPS average

Unigine Heaven 4.0, Valley 1.0, 3Dmark11, 3Dmark Fire Strike all the same scores as with 334.89 - the 320.49 is still the driver giving me higher results in here.

Testing with 1440p now.

Soldato
My experience so far at 1080p with the 337.50 driver.
Thief increased 13 FPS average
Tomb Raider inscreased 3 FPS average
Sleeping Dogs inscreased 11.5 FPS average
Hitman Absolution increased from 69 FPS to whoppíng 103 FPS average

Unigine Heaven 4.0, Valley 1.0, 3Dmark11, 3Dmark Fire Strike all the same scores as with 334.89 - the 320.49 is still the driver giving me higher results in here.

Testing with 1440p now.

Some nice gains.

Caporegime
OP
Nice gains also Gripen. I am not seeing any at 4K but 1080P and SLI seems to have gained tremendously. It would be cool if some SLI 770's with a older CPU or low clocked CPU could do some testing to see if there is big gains there also.

Edit:

Has anyone noticed if it hogs up loads of extra vram like Mantle? One thing I forgot to look for.

Last edited:

bee

bee

Associate
only benchmark i have with the old drivers is batman origins, forgot to bench before installing :( big difference though, the hitching is gone and it does look smoother, the 337.50 bench is actually running a lower clock too on 3570k, gtx 780 sli

mainnds61.png

3dosxr.png

2eysxl.png

it's not just this game either, this is honestly the first driver update i can remember that gave me actual visible gains rather than slightly higher numbers on a graph. bf4 shanghai is now playable on 64 player triple screen with max settings (no aa), wasn't before. metro lastlight benchmark and gameplay is just smoother with again less hitching, bioshock infinite also. well impressed tbh

Soldato
One thing worth noting for those using SEV2 for benching, the very very first frames must be the 'minimums' the game records, I did a fraps run and minimums were stated to be 72fps (rather then ~28fps the game reports) as I'd missed the first split second of the bench.

Soldato
They need to learn how to bench properly. I have shown gains, as have others.

I only saw small gains in the three games I tested. I only have a midrange GTX660 and a older SB Core i5.

I might try Crysis3 and Borderlands 2,but those are the only other taxing titles I have ATM.

Not everyone is running GTX780/GTX780TI/Geforce Titan cards with 8 to 12 thread CPUs.

Last edited:
Soldato
They need to learn how to bench properly. I have shown gains, as have others.

But your running SLI if you read into it they explain that. But not the 70% nvidia was saying.
They also point out how nvidia came up with total war % this the first driver to support SLI so that's where the boost is coming from.

Caporegime
OP
But your running SLI if you read into it they explain that. But not the 70% nvidia was saying.
They also point out how nvidia came up with total war % this the first driver to support SLI so that's where the boost is coming from.

Does it matter? I think most of us, including me said the figures needed taking with a pinch of salt prior to launch and as shown by us, none of us have seen 70% gains lol

I don't get why you are so hung up on what gains we get?

Caporegime
OP
I only saw small gains in the three games I tested. I only have a midrange GTX660 and a older SB Core i5.

I might try Crysis3 and Borderlands 2,but those are the only other taxing titles I have ATM.

Not everyone is running GTX780/GTX780TI/Geforce Titan cards with 8 to 12 thread CPUs.

I bet if you added another 660, you would see bigger gains. I have certainly noticed how low my CPU usage has dropped, so it would likely benefit you more so.

Back
Top Bottom