CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

Soldato
Absolutely crackers, £5.7k which you'll never see again on an Econo box - Someone take this mans credit card off him before he gets into serious debt from reading too many car magazines

And if you think it'll stop at £5.7k it wont, you'll never be happy with 200bhp, especially coming from an engine as small as the CRZ's you'll get used to it all too soon

Soldato
Stop faffing and just buy a decent DC2. Both faster, more special and cheaper than this CRZ charged rubbish.

Then use the thousands saved for holidays, driving tuition, track days and hookers.

Soldato
Ill throw in a suggestion and say Celica t-sport, newer than a dc2 plenty of good ones to choose from and plenty quick enough, i love mine but the only thing is practically but you'll be used to that. Fantastic owners club too i reckon you like that side of things

Soldato
OP
Stop faffing and just buy a decent DC2. Both faster, more special and cheaper than this CRZ charged rubbish.

Then use the thousands saved for holidays, driving tuition, track days and hookers.

Ill throw in a suggestion and say Celica t-sport, newer than a dc2 plenty of good ones to choose from and plenty quick enough, i love mine but the only thing is practically but you'll be used to that. Fantastic owners club too i reckon you like that side of things

What you boys on about? Why would I buy an DC2 as a second car or a Corolla T Sport to replace my CRZ? neither are my cup of tea and don't meet the requirements.

It's like you read the thread, disregarded everything and then suggested your own cars!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Nath, I forgot to say, I hate the gearbox in the CRZ.

also, you should buy an S2000. for no other reason than the fact that I have one.
you and I both know that its the highest power per litre performance sports car ever made with a panoramic view of the universe with a patented x-brace chassis with perfect 50:50 weight distribution
:D

-----------------------------
Sensible hat on:
Realistically, the CTR2015 [FN2.5] is going to be the safest bet.
Performance, Modern car, Track focussed development means it should be good out of the box, warranty, minimal servicing etc.

Lets say that the 2015 CTR is going to be £25-28k based on the FN2 launch price in 2007 - £22,995. Obviously things have got a bit dearer.

Assess the competition:
Renaultsport Megane - £26k
Focus ST3 - £26k
Golf GTI - £26k
Leon Cupra 280 - £27k
Astra VXR - £27k
M135i - £31k

In order for the car to be a success, it will have to be in the same region at least.

Looking at your finances:
~£10k for your current car.
~£6k from your supercharger fund.
~£10k finance/bankloan the remainder

If that is doable or something you would want to commit to, then perhaps look at that.
A nearly new GT86 makes a lot of sense when its laid out like that though.

To be honest, I would wait for the CTR:
- you will have been in your new job long enough by then to be in secure employment.
- drive one.
- consider pricing at the time.
- do you want to take the depreciation hit on a brand new car again?
- If pricing is £morethanyoucanaffordpal then consider alternatives.
- all this while, the GT86 will be depreciating too ;)

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
I know you've already stated you don't like Ford's. But for the money I don't think you would get something newer with less miles that goes quicker than a stage 2 ST.

If you want uniqeness, could look at the Vovlo C30 T5?

Are we including modding and mapping?
If so the 3 will very likely keep up well with the ST handfull of mods and a supporting map should be 300bhp easy

Soldato
What you boys on about? Why would I buy an DC2 as a second car or a Corolla T Sport to replace my CRZ? neither are my cup of tea and don't meet the requirements.

It's like you read the thread, disregarded everything and then suggested your own cars!

I said Celica not corolla, you need the recommendations and help you drive a crz and want to spend nearly 6k on it

Soldato
OP
I said Celica not corolla, you need the recommendations and help you drive a crz and want to spend nearly 6k on it

I don't even understand the last part of that sentence. Was it supposed to be some sort of dig?

Anyway, a celica would be a waste of time too and it is the same as the corolla but with a different body shell.

Back
Top Bottom