Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Nope, the original spark plugs were in the car, the ford mechanic took them out, the last one shattered as he did. Never ran right since. Sold the car to whom i thought was another Mondeo enthusiast but last i heard its rotting in a driveway somewhere :( now im stuck with a damn tdci :( , although surprising with the torque the diesel has :D

Soldato
My 03 ST220 has been doing the whole juddery acceleration recently! It started a while ago so I had new HT leads and a new coil pack fitted but the issue seems to remain. The leads and coilpack weren't Ford parts and apparently non-Ford parts can be a bit iffy?

The car runs nicely with plenty of power when the engine is cold and has auto choke or whatever it's called (idles at around 1200rpm instead of 800) but when the engine warms up, I start to get the juddering at low revs when I accelerate in 3rd/4th/5th etc. There's also another zone of low power at around 5000rpm when accelerating.

Plugs were changed back in April/March fyi

Answers on a postcard pretty please :D

Soldato
My 03 ST220 has been doing the whole juddery acceleration recently! It started a while ago so I had new HT leads and a new coil pack fitted but the issue seems to remain. The leads and coilpack weren't Ford parts and apparently non-Ford parts can be a bit iffy?

The car runs nicely with plenty of power when the engine is cold and has auto choke or whatever it's called (idles at around 1200rpm instead of 800) but when the engine warms up, I start to get the juddering at low revs when I accelerate in 3rd/4th/5th etc. There's also another zone of low power at around 5000rpm when accelerating.

Plugs were changed back in April/March fyi

Answers on a postcard pretty please :D

Mine was acting slightly similar to yours by juddering at low speeds if u look a few pages back on here and I got the proper Ford spark plugs as I was told to only use them. Is your engine light on? As mine was still juddery and it turned out to be the breather hose had completely split as is very common on the ST220 so it's worth getting that checked

Soldato
Mine was acting slightly similar to yours by juddering at low speeds if u look a few pages back on here and I got the proper Ford spark plugs as I was told to only use them. Is your engine light on? As mine was still juddery and it turned out to be the breather hose had completely split as is very common on the ST220 so it's worth getting that checked

Yeah I saw something about yours earlier on. I had read somewhere else that there were two different types of plugs with the same part number or something weird like that on another forum... I guess the ford plugs might be cheaper than the ford HT leads since those weren't cheap when I asked my garage to check the price in case I had to buy them lol

I've seen the engine light pop on very briefly a couple of times but generally it's not on. It's just weird that it runs just fine when the engine is still cold :/

I guess I can get them to check the breather hose too! ta

Soldato
Yeah I saw something about yours earlier on. I had read somewhere else that there were two different types of plugs with the same part number or something weird like that on another forum... I guess the ford plugs might be cheaper than the ford HT leads since those weren't cheap when I asked my garage to check the price in case I had to buy them lol

I've seen the engine light pop on very briefly a couple of times but generally it's not on. It's just weird that it runs just fine when the engine is still cold :/

I guess I can get them to check the breather hose too! ta

Yeh mine ran fine when cold also! Which made the mechanic rule out the coil pack, And at first the engine light flicked on every now and then then it came on and stayed on for weeks. Mechanic then told me it's the lambda sensors until everyone on here said about the breather hose and it was that all along so get your mechanic to check yours when u can !

Soldato
Quick question to those with an ST TDCI.

My car was stuck in traffic for quite a while, I noticed the water temp go up to just below the red, and then slowly into the red. Also noticed my AC does not work when stationary or when moving. Could the fan module/fan broke? Once driving the temp came back down and stayed where it normally does.

Soldato
Mine blew one of the big fuses in the engine bay and the fan stopped working and the windows would steam up when you stopped. The AC did work when you where moving though.

I have heard of the control packs for the fans failing too.

Get it sorted because if it overheats it'll probably warp the head.

Associate
Just realised I never actually bothered to put some pictures of my new St up despite having had it for over a month now. :eek:

XxcvpKZ.jpg
x6rvOFK.jpg
gXoRPaV.jpg
KkKq2NW.jpg

My commute recently changed so I don't commute in my car any more. The ST has basically become a weekend car which is just fantastic. The car is in really good condition so it makes me happy that I don't need to worry about it being in the work's car park all day potentially getting dings.

I drive a van during the week for work so being able to get into the ST puts a big smile on my face. The van doesn't have comfy Recaros and a redline at 7k RPM. :D

I find 3rd gear and 4000 revs + is the best part of the car. The car's engine note noticeably changes at 4000 revs and I love the sound it makes from there. Only downside is I wish it was a bit louder. I'm definitely gonna get a JP exhaust for it down the line. Maybe in the spring when I can appreciate it a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom