Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Hi,

My new ST is due a service and it looks like it's the 10th one it's needing. I believe the 10th service also includes the auxillary belt. I've been quoted £195 for the major service from my local main Ford dealer and £160 for the auxillary belt on top of that. Would it be worth doing the second belt and the water pump while I am at it? How much is this likely to add to the quote and would I be better off just getting the service done at the main dealer and get the belts and water pump done at a local indy to save a bit of ££?

Anyone? :D

My mechanic replaced the breather hose on mine without removing anything else first. I think it's located at the back of the engine but he got to it by reaching from underneath the front side.

My ECU was also showing banks 1 & 2 running lean.

Hi,

My new ST is due a service and it looks like it's the 10th one it's needing. I believe the 10th service also includes the auxillary belt. I've been quoted £195 for the major service from my local main Ford dealer and £160 for the auxillary belt on top of that. Would it be worth doing the second belt and the water pump while I am at it? How much is this likely to add to the quote and would I be better off just getting the service done at the main dealer and get the belts and water pump done at a local indy to save a bit of ££?

Hate to keep bumping this but does anyone have any ideas? :)

I asked my local garage today and he said he wouldn't bother with the water pump and aux belt until 100k miles! Not sure how many yours is on?
They can look at it and see what condition it's in I think.
£190 sounds cheap from ford for a full service I can't see that including spark plugs. As I paid £150 for service all filters included then £110 for FOrd Spark plugs fitted as its s pain of a job on the St. Also I would just use an indie garage

My mechanic replaced the breather hose on mine without removing anything else first. I think it's located at the back of the engine but he got to it by reaching from underneath the front side.

My ECU was also showing banks 1 & 2 running lean.

Thanks to everyone who gave a heads up about the breather hose after the mechanic saying it's the lambda sensors I asked him to check the pipes and turned out it looked like someone had sliced it in half. :eek: surprised it's been running ok with it like that. Feels a lot better when accelerating now

Glad you got sorted on that one Dav4. Has your engine light gone out? I got myself a cheap OBD reader to reset mine after I'd sorted the pipe.

Thanks. Just glad it wasn't the lambda sensors. Yeh he reset it after doing the breather hose so fingers crossed it stays off :D

I asked my local garage today and he said he wouldn't bother with the water pump and aux belt until 100k miles! Not sure how many yours is on?
They can look at it and see what condition it's in I think.
£190 sounds cheap from ford for a full service I can't see that including spark plugs. As I paid £150 for service all filters included then £110 for FOrd Spark plugs fitted as its s pain of a job on the St. Also I would just use an indie garage

The car is on 91k miles atm. It would do another year before 100k comes up. I wondered if £195 was all in or not...sounds like it's gonna be expensive if I go to the main dealer! :eek:

Anyone else's ST awful when the roads are flooded and it's raining:confused:
This is the 2nd time in 3 months I have been driving through pools on the roads in heavy rain then my acceleration goes juddery and the revs look like there sticking. Then the engine light flashes occasionaly when flooring it.
Last time it happened i parked up and it was fine a few hours later. Don't know why it's so temperamental in the rain on wet roads :confused:

Never had that with mine!

I dont know if it's cos its a low car as I've been through bigger puddles on the road in my old cars with no probs but if I so much as go through a puddle that sprays out from under the car in my ST220 it goes into spaz juddery mode.
It's going to be annoying come winter down the country lanes I take to work that get flooded with the rain:(

I dont know if it's cos its a low car as I've been through bigger puddles on the road in my old cars with no probs but if I so much as go through a puddle that sprays out from under the car in my ST220 it goes into spaz juddery mode.
It's going to be annoying come winter down the country lanes I take to work that get flooded with the rain:(

Coil Pack
HT Leads

One of the above is my bet. The coil pack (and therefore that end of the HT lead set) is actually quite exposed with where it is positioned in the ST220, so it's not impossible that one of those is the issue.

Driver's seat is wobbling in mine (ST220), only resolution google throws up from owners forums is to replace the sub-frame which is a dealer only part at £460+VAT

the movement all seems to be coming from the rails that slide the seat back and forwards, is there something that can be repaired/replaced instead ?

There is a plastic strip on one of the rails, is this shared with "lesser" seats that I could find somewhere ?
The likelihood of someone splitting the sub-frame from an ST220 interior is extremely rare to be honest.

Sorry to hijack!

I've just bought a Mondeo Zetec-S 2.5 V6 Manual and all is well except for a couple of things...

1. Steering feels notchy, almost like when the wheel is turned it's turned in increments. Any ideas if this is common or how much to fix?

2. Air con doesn't work, could need a regas. Do Mondeo air con units fail frequently? I have no idea how much the air con has been used.

3. Heated screen has a couple of elements which don't heat up, is this a new windscreen - do Ford still have new heated screens for MK3/2001 Mondeos?

4. I believe there is rust under the rubber door sills which meet the window, is the repairable?

5. There's a slight wind noise whistle when travelling at speed, is this normal or does it mean a knackered seal?

Thanks for any help <3

Sorry to hijack!

I've just bought a Mondeo Zetec-S 2.5 V6 Manual and all is well except for a couple of things...

1. Steering feels notchy, almost like when the wheel is turned it's turned in increments. Any ideas if this is common or how much to fix?

2. Air con doesn't work, could need a regas. Do Mondeo air con units fail frequently? I have no idea how much the air con has been used.

3. Heated screen has a couple of elements which don't heat up, is this a new windscreen - do Ford still have new heated screens for MK3/2001 Mondeos?

4. I believe there is rust under the rubber door sills which meet the window, is the repairable?

5. There's a slight wind noise whistle when travelling at speed, is this normal or does it mean a knackered seal?

Thanks for any help <3

3. Usually you either get one or both sides failing - I believe they're fused and relayed in two halves. If it's mostly working but with one small 'column' not working, I'd be tempted to just leave it.

4. They usually rust at the bottom where the seam is that adheres to the door skin. If it's rusting at the top then you're probably looking at a replacement door.

5. I had slight wind noise that appeared to be coming from the rear of the driver's door (or the front of the rear passenger door..) - never bothered to do anything about it as it was so slight but it's a known issue I believe. Is yours coming from the same area?

3. Usually you either get one or both sides failing - I believe they're fused and relayed in two halves. If it's mostly working but with one small 'column' not working, I'd be tempted to just leave it.

4. They usually rust at the bottom where the seam is that adheres to the door skin. If it's rusting at the top then you're probably looking at a replacement door.

5. I had slight wind noise that appeared to be coming from the rear of the driver's door (or the front of the rear passenger door..) - never bothered to do anything about it as it was so slight but it's a known issue I believe. Is yours coming from the same area?

3. I will, I'd just like to know if new replacements are still available.

4. I'm not sure it is rust but I assume. The black strip running parallel to the window has a couple of lumps under it, my previous Mondeo had the same.
I really wouldn't want a replacement door, just filled and covered with a new seal if it's possible.

5. I think the noise comes from the passenger side and it is slight, only notice it with the radio off and a quite road. Would be nice to know the source though.

I know its a ST thread, but couldnt help put out the best Mondeos produced :D :cool:

3_5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom