Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Was topping up my oil on my ST220 before then went out in it and the engine light is now on :(
is there any common things on these that make the engine light come on before i take it the garage:confused:
It seems to be running fine and i have turned it on and off a few times but its still on.

Was topping up my oil on my ST220 before then went out in it and the engine light is now on :(
is there any common things on these that make the engine light come on before i take it the garage:confused:
It seems to be running fine and i have turned it on and off a few times but its still on.

the most common one is the vacume pipe on the upper inlet manifold, very common for these to split, you can just pull it off to give it a check over. If you look back in this thread its been mentioned many many times, theres diagrams and things to help locate if your unsure where it is.

the most common one is the vacume pipe on the upper inlet manifold, very common for these to split, you can just pull it off to give it a check over. If you look back in this thread its been mentioned many many times, theres diagrams and things to help locate if your unsure where it is.

thanks ill check it out. one thing i forgot to mention is its a little rough on idle sometimes but other than that its all running fine.

Hi,

My new ST is due a service and it looks like it's the 10th one it's needing. I believe the 10th service also includes the auxillary belt. I've been quoted £195 for the major service from my local main Ford dealer and £160 for the auxillary belt on top of that. Would it be worth doing the second belt and the water pump while I am at it? How much is this likely to add to the quote and would I be better off just getting the service done at the main dealer and get the belts and water pump done at a local indy to save a bit of ££?

Seriously considering a second mondeo on my drive as a weekend toy (currently daily is a 4.5 tdci )

Mileage doesn't bother me as it's just going to be a second car and a plaything what's the going rate for a decent but leggy st? And any particular years add anything worthwhile?

If your daily is a big family car then wouldn't you be better off getting a more traditional weekend toy like a 2 seater roadster or something like that?

The ST220 is too much of an all-rounder to be considered a weekend thing imo. Unless of course you're a big family man and got no choice.

Personally I'd like to do it the other way round one day; a 2-seater sports car for commuting and a quick family car (ST220) for when I need the extra space/seats.

Last edited:
Can someone help me with this please.
As posted last week near the top of this page my ST220 engine light has been on for a week and is a little judder'y and rough idling.
I took it to the garage and the error codes are "banks 1&2 are running lean" now the mechanic has told me its the Lambda sensors which there are 4 of? if i am correct but they dont have the equipment to test which sensor is faulty so i might have to replace all 4 :eek:. Is there anywhere they can be purchased cheaper than Ford's crazy £145 each asking prices.

Also mentioned by R220 in his reply to my last post that the vacuum pipe could be split is that the pipe also referred to as the "Breather hose" that i have seen can throw up the same error codes as the Lambda sensors?

Really good chance it's just the breather hose. You should be able to feel for splits without having to remove it. A few Google investigations will show you where it is. You don't need it to be running or warm, you're quite literally feeling for split rubber.

Lambda sensors do fail, sure, but the breather hose issue is infinitely more common (did mine a few months ago).

Really good chance it's just the breather hose. You should be able to feel for splits without having to remove it. A few Google investigations will show you where it is. You don't need it to be running or warm, you're quite literally feeling for split rubber.

Lambda sensors do fail, sure, but the breather hose issue is infinitely more common (did mine a few months ago).

hope it is mate as the lambda sensor's cost stupid money. The mechanic said he would need to strip stuff off or around the inlet manifold to get at the breather hose as he does have big hands.
but if its something i can feel for myself if i can find a picture diagram for it then ill have a go.

I thought you needed to remove stuff too, but I was wrong. Can be replaced in a couple of minutes without removing a thing - I know, I watched my mate do it :D.

:D
i have no idea where it is situated but ill look around the ST sites im sure there is a diagram around somewhere and i have quite small hands so hopefully ill be able to check it at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom