The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Soldato
Looks good, sites say prices should be around £600 with vat!

I might replace my eyefinty setup (3x27") with one of these.

Not sure about that - 40" IPS screen, I would have thought a lot more than £600 looking at the other smaller size IPS 4K screens available. We can however hope though.

Mark
Ps seen elsewhere it is likely to be a VA screen, not IPS

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure about that - 40" IPS screen, I would have thought a lot more than £600 looking at the other smaller size IPS 4K screens available. We can however hope though.

Mark

It uses a Vertical Alignment panel and is supposed to come in at £600 or less. Of course things are definitely not set in stone with the pricing. You may well be right to be sceptical of the price.

Associate
OP
looking on some other tech sites it seems to be coming in about that and a bit above in Euro so i dont see it being a problem.

amazing to think something like this would have been £4-£5k just a few years ago. Seems like 4k is steaming ahead now with no real price hike in sight compared to 1440p in fact per pound it seems cheaper given the bigger screen sizes!

Wonder if its anything to do with VR really grabbing peoples attention and inspiration ? everyone who tries it says its the future of gaming but not quite there with the resolution but everything else is amazing.. of course you can always build a PC to match the better versions with 4k screens. We seem to be getting all our wishes with curved, 21:9, 4k,5k,120hz,144hz, VA panels, next year 120hz 4k even.. etc.. its like manufacturers are in a bit of a panic.

Last edited:
Associate
I think monitors are not the problem, there advancing nicely, The problem is there isn't any GPU's out there to drive them at any decent FPS, not even in SLI or crossfire.
Most rumours are talking Q1 or even Q2.

Associate
£600 puts this squarely on my radar and provides a dilemna - 40" 4k, or the AOC 34" ultrawide?

I'm just wondering how feasible a 40" display will be from a 3' seated distance?

Associate
I really like the idea of this - ya 40" may be a bit big but whatever ... the bigger the better ... just wondering if you can game on it ok.

Associate
Rather mahoosive

~100 ppi is about as high as you can go without scaling but I still lean forward to read things, and on this it feels like that might distort the rest of the screen too much.
Really needs to be curved.

Soldato
Sweet, if it's only going to be a few weeks I think I might skip the ultrawides and go straight for one of these 4k 40"ers.

I nearly hit buy on the curved LG, but after a few people said the flat version is better for windowed productivity I might stick with flat and go with one of these.

I really hope it's got a decent VESA mount to mount it really close to a wall.

Gibbo, any news on any other manufacturers coming out with these 40"ers?

Associate
Sweet, if it's only going to be a few weeks I think I might skip the ultrawides and go straight for one of these 4k 40"ers.

I nearly hit buy on the curved LG, but after a few people said the flat version is better for windowed productivity I might stick with flat and go with one of these.

I really hope it's got a decent VESA mount to mount it really close to a wall.

Gibbo, any news on any other manufacturers coming out with these 40"ers?

It has the VESA mount according to the Chinese users

Soldato
What are the odds of 3d 4k's appearing? Passive would work now since 4k has the res not to have to drop interleaving lines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom