Audi owners in here!

Associate
Quick question- I test drove a 2013 s4, it was a nice place to be, and it was pretty quick, but the in car tech was a bit old fashioned. It only has the basic tech package, does it get any better with the advanced tech pack, or is it stuck with being based against an a4 which is due to be replaced next year?

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Quick question- I test drove a 2013 s4, it was a nice place to be, and it was pretty quick, but the in car tech was a bit old fashioned. It only has the basic tech package, does it get any better with the advanced tech pack, or is it stuck with being based against an a4 which is due to be replaced next year?

Yes it does get better, its a bigger higher res screen. The nav is 3d and supports full post codes and the ipod and phone integration is as good as anything ive used. The basic setup is rubbish if im honest. the nose looks nicer on the FL, the light bars are better than the LED on the older model.

Associate
Thanks for the help guys. Finding a non-poverty spec one is proving to be quite a bit of hassle, not helped by the atrocious Audi approved used website!

I suppose if you spec one up you're into rs territory...

Edit: like the RS6 :)

Soldato
the car is to refined for any petrol head.

It is like most a6's but it has many suttle changes but it just is hard to see for any other petrol heads. It is a wide car but the arches do not bulge like a rs4, the car is wide already and there is a step in the rear quarter and front arch but it just not seen to the untrained eye.
It also has a kinda CSL bootlid with it lipping up, a rear diffuser and other bits

You do not feel the speed, its so smooth

you do not hear the v10 is so quiet

the ride is nice in comfort mode, in sport mode its harsh.

I am planning on a haywood and scott exhaust which should make it sound like this its a cold start
then remap and so on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAOhMnfazBE

and this going up the road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXH85652bVc

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Do you really live in that estate but with a car (and trade-in history) like that (very nice car by the way), or were you visiting?

Soldato
I really can't see the point of remapping a car like this. Isn't 560PS enough?

I had the back end of my 320BHP car step out today when turning out of a T-junction because of the damp conditions. The last thing I needed was more power.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27347192 said:
Another trade-in in 2 weeks then? :p

not at all, the A7 really suprised me it was not the car that it test drove like, it felt very middle of the road, it was ok if it was say 30 k or less but the money it was just was mad.

I really can't see the point of remapping a car like this. Isn't 560PS enough?

I had the back end of my 320BHP car step out today when turning out of a T-junction because of the damp conditions. The last thing I needed was more power.

Yep it is, its cheap and why not, i quite fancy the gearbox remap more than anything

Back
Top Bottom