Audi owners in here!

Permabanned
fcrvz.jpg

Soldato
Lol guys, its a new ish housin estate with flats, two and three bed terrist and 3/4 bed detached.what that has to do with my car I don't know.

Averaged 24mpg today om way into London touch.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27345506 said:
The S4's all have Xenons don't they? So they get full bright white LED bling treatment from introduction.

It's only the models without projectors that got that crappy DRL.

A5 Pre-facelift - Fairy light DRL's

16036020695_c73178e7c3_o.jpg

A5 Facelift - bar DRL's : better :)

16036020685_b48e91ceab_c.jpg

The fairy lights on the A4 look even worse than the A5

Pre-facelift

15850285547_8b0fc6cfb6_c.jpg

Facelift

15848778660_c9099a0c1b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Wooo my new A3 Saloon 2.0 TDI 184 S-Line arrived yesterday.
I ordered it back of of July I think - can't even remember!!

I much prefer a Saloon and have to say the A3 looks really nice. The drive is brilliant - better than the A4 I used to have although that was '08 plate so a fair bit older.

Wife is down in London on business so hasn't even seen it yet. Best head out for a proper run in it this evening because no doubt she'll get to use it more than me.
We have an A1 Black edition which to be honest drives very nicely for a small city hatchback.

We said it wouldn't matter who drove what because they are both nice but the A3 is a lot nicer like.

Tech in it is much better too. Pleased I waited - I could have got the smaller engine but the 184 is still only £20 a year tax and has pretty high MPG so seems like a good balance of performance, looks, style, efficiency and comfort. Dead happy.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think this is normally a crank or cam sensor issue. A few instances of it on Audi-Sport but it's not that widespread that I know of. The only other thing I can think it may be is the fuel pump on it's way out (not the HPFP).

Car not turning over on first crank seems to be happening every morning now :(

Whether I crank for 1 second or 3, it always fires up no problems when I stop and try again immediately after.

What sort of diagnostics would a garage do for a fault like this? Would there be some error codes?

Xez

Xez

Associate

Whether I crank for 1 second or 3, it always fires up no problems when I stop and try again immediately after.

What sort of diagnostics would a garage do for a fault like this? Would there be some error codes?

They would scan for codes but nothing would probably show. It sounds like your fuel pump is not priming enough or is on it's way out.

Not sure if this will work but you if unlock the car and open the drivers door the fuel pump should prime. If you lock and leave it for a few minutes and then unlock and open the drivers door and try and start to see if that helps? Might allow the fuel pressure to get closer to what it needs to be at.

Sure I've seen this on the Audi Sport forum somewhere.

Soldato

Could be a lot of things, a simple cause could be the battery on the way out. The high pressure fuel pump needs to prime off the crank, if the battery is weak it turns the engine over at a slower speed causing the pump to take longer to prime.

My battery started showing signs of failing last year when my passenger Xenon headlight would flicker off when starting on a cold morning, the engine also took longer cranking before it started (mine was only taking an extra second or two), I put the battery through a recon charge with a C-TEK charger and this sorted the Xenon going off and the car lost the slight pause in starting. I could also hear the engine turning over quicker.

I put the battery through another recon charge just before winter this year and it is showing no signs of having issues coming up to 9 years old.

You could check this by jump starting it off another car in the morning to see if it starts straight away.

With access to VCDS you could monitor the fuel pressure in the fuel rail, the pressure needs to be over a certain value to start (fairly sure VCDS details the required pressure in the logging details for the block), I would also check/replace the cam follower if it hasn't been done recently.

Back
Top Bottom