Project GODUS kick starter - Peter Molyneux

Soldato
PM reputation has frankly gone down the toilet with this one, never again from me tbh.

It was going down the toilet for years and years.
I really do question people who backed this, He is well known for spouting utter nonsense, empty promises and delusions of grandeur.

The RPS interview is brilliant and really highlights what a manipulative **** he really is.

STOP SUPPORTING THIS SCHMUCK!!

Associate
So he finally woke up and realised his lies and over estimates is hated by the gaming community... lol.

Man rockpapershotgun isn't even loading sounds like its a awesome read too.

Associate
Their Kickstarter plan is no different than Frontier's with Elite Dangerous.

The difference being is that Frontier pulled it off. Got extra bank loans. Share sales. Got the game in a playable state by 4-5 months after the original target date (I enjoyed my time in Beta, even if I've been disappointed with release) and were able to get more money of sales to continue.

Same difference with Rober Space Industries. $2,134,374 would never have been able to fulfil even half of their promises. What would have happened if both Frontier and RSI had not continued to sell after the Kickstarter had ended?

I like the way Kickster has shone a light on Developer's claims over the decades that the publishers are the always the bad guys. Its a shame that KS no longer seems to get big ticket projects anymore as a result of all this. I liked gambling my money as a punter on it :(

Associate
Brutal read, the RPS interview.

It's all quite sad really. He made some of the best games I've ever played back in the day.

Last edited:
Soldato
I stopped believing a word that came out of his mouth after playing Black and White. Expecting kick ass AI and it was no different than anything else out there.

Soldato
Their Kickstarter plan is no different than Frontier's with Elite Dangerous.

The difference being is that Frontier pulled it off. Got extra bank loans. Share sales. Got the game in a playable state by 4-5 months after the original target date (I enjoyed my time in Beta, even if I've been disappointed with release) and were able to get more money of sales to continue.

Same difference with Rober Space Industries. $2,134,374 would never have been able to fulfil even half of their promises. What would have happened if both Frontier and RSI had not continued to sell after the Kickstarter had ended?

I like the way Kickster has shone a light on Developer's claims over the decades that the publishers are the always the bad guys. Its a shame that KS no longer seems to get big ticket projects anymore as a result of all this. I liked gambling my money as a punter on it :(

RSI and Frontier both had good strategies for post KS though, PM just wanted cash and off he ran.

Back
Top Bottom