Seagate shipping 8tb drives

Associate
I am hoping to get stock of the 5TB and 8TB the first week of March but it is looking like the back end of the week. The 6TB drive will be about another month on top of that.

Soldato
OP
Tut. Bunch of moaners! If it's cheaper than 2x 4gb then what's the tears for hehe. If it's cheaper elsewhere go elsewhere but I tend to find ocuk cheaper when you balance out things like free p+p and their customer service and forums features.

Associate
Is there a 10tb option coming out shortly? And also does WD have a competing solution in the 8tb field? I know they have the expensive ones from HGST but those are double the price so i might as well go for this one.

Caporegime
I hope all the complaints about overpriced drives are now put to rest. The price is about the same all over the world, it's cheaper than the major US rainforest...

Two left... now do I buy them... Hmmm :p

Soldato
I have mine, hope it's not DOA. Will be installing today. Waited too long for this!

EDIT - Installed - Copying 100GB across at ~150MB/s.

Last edited:
Associate
I had 10 drives come in and they have gone out again in just over a week. They have sold better than expected. there was not much stock available for the UK. I am trying to get more stock back in as I type. Best lead time at the moment is 4 weeks but I am working on getting that down.

Associate
You have them left in stock for a reason :p

OH BURN! -
** No competitor price hinting please **
Got 2 on order. Hoping to Raid 0 both of these as a recording drive for my new 21:9 monitor for my projects as the Elgato HD60 caps at 1080p 60fps :( meaning my only other option is uncompressed AVI. Here is to hoping they work as intended as I recently bought a WD 5TB that was completely DOA.

Wasn't there also meant to be a 10TB version out at same time going by earlier reports?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom