Top Gear Season 22 & Xmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
[TW]Fox;27824858 said:
He punched someone in the work place? Was this in addition to the out of work incident?

Whilst it wasn't the work place directly, it was a hotel, no doubt paid for by the Beeb, he's assaulted a colleague after a day's filming.

I've stayed in employer funded accommodation before now and had I hit a colleague I would be out in my ear, as would you and you well know it.

Soldato
The loss of Clarkson and Top Gear will undoubtedly put a major dent in the BBC's profits, it must be the most profitable show they have? It is the only thing I watch on BBC to be honest!

Associate
Well, no, because if you're watching stuff as it's broadcast on Sky, then you still need to pay the licence fee, even if you don't watch anything broadcast by the BBC.

This is right, it seems a bit outdated now. It will be ruled as a civic offence hopefully shortly instead of wasting court time.

Man of Honour
He has been a tool and a bully and got dumped for it. Seems fair enough, should be same rules for one and all. Sod him, bloke's not that special, could not give a flying **** what happens to him or Top Gear. He may have a TV persona but I am lead to believe the bloke can be a total **** and like all of us sometimes people get annoyed at that and do something about it. Seems time to move on.

Soldato
Of course - from the facts we have been given it's hard to spin it any other way. It is right that nowadays you cannot get away with having a dust up with someone. When it's happened to me I never pressed charges because it was just a mistake, overly passionate disagreement. In this instance we just don't know enough about ins and outs of it.

I have not once agreed that JC should not be disciplined for it (whether it means firing or contract cancelling or whatever). It's a bit of a relief that the police haven't been involved and that the producer/BBC were 'courageous' enough to deal with it internally.

I still think this was a big balls up by the BBC and the production team. But anyway, that's my own opinion. :)

JC will continue to have his rants in his columns and books and he will continue to be non PC which is great, and I'm sure the 3 will be back to their fantastic similar show soon :)

How is it a balls up by the Beeb. If you assaulted someone when at work you would be suspended pending investigation and then out of a job, exactly what happened here. The BBC has a duty of protection towards its employees just as any other company.

Man of Honour
My point was around how the situation escalated and how the situation was poorly managed and how the producer did/din't do his job. It's entirely my opinion based on all the supposition that has been proposed by the various media feeds.

Clarkson didn't help himself by behaving like a prima donna - but then again the producer should have anticipated this better.

Again I re-iterate again for the millionth time, I do not think it is acceptable to hit someone (irrespective of at work or not) without expecting repercussions, whether that is a hit back, or police intervention, disciplinary (if at work) or even forgiveness.

I'm sure we've all had fights/scraps at some point - I don't think we've all been arrested as a result of it - it just depends on the situation ultimately.

Caporegime
How is it a balls up by the Beeb. If you assaulted someone when at work you would be suspended pending investigation and then out of a job, exactly what happened here. The BBC has a duty of protection towards its employees just as any other company.

Nah, it's Clarkson so it's bantz.

It's hilarious double standards and hypocrisy. Pretty sure people defending him would not be cool with someone at working verbally berating them for XX minutes and then physically attacking them for 30 seconds. Forget the duty of care malarkey.

Suspended
He has been a tool and a bully and got dumped for it. Seems fair enough, should be same rules for one and all. Sod him, bloke's not that special, could not give a flying **** what happens to him or Top Gear. He may have a TV persona but I am lead to believe the bloke can be a total **** and like all of us sometimes people get annoyed at that and do something about it. Seems time to move on.

Everyone has the capacity to be a tool, as you have just demonstrated. He made a mistake and has paid heavily for it, your tirade is unnecessary.

Suspended
Don't bring your ignorance in my direction.

You have demonstrated precisely what sort of person you are. Instead of taking it on the chin you cry like a girl. Gutter - you can get no lower.

And if, as you posted earlier, you care nothing for JC or Top Gear then do the World a favour and go manicure your nails and stop posting in a thread about JC and Top Gear...

Man of Honour
You have demonstrated precisely what sort of person you are. Instead of taking it on the chin you cry like a girl. Gutter - you can get no lower.

And if, as you posted earlier, you care nothing for JC or Top Gear then do the World a favour and go manicure your nails and stop posting in a thread about JC and Top Gear...

I think you need to get a sense of perspective and grow up, your diatribe is as I say from a standpoint of tabloid stories and ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom